****The Official Midwestern University-Illinois Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

I'll be attending for the MA program it seems. Anyone know of good areas to kind of narrow down apt searching?

I'd look into Versailles on the lake, City view, Brookhill apartment, and Yorktown to begin with. Good luck!
(Let me know if you are visiting Versailles. You can put my name down as a referral and we can split the bonus! I can also give you some names if you decide to go somewhere else).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd look into Versailles on the lake, City view, Brookhill apartment, and Yorktown to begin with. Good luck!
(Let me know if you are visiting Versailles. You can put my name down as a referral and we can split the bonus! I can also give you some names if you decide to go somewhere else).
Appreciate it. I'll be sure to give you credit when I make my way there

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I've searched a lot of places but not sure what's the correct address and dept. to send the final transcript to. I want to make sure before sending one to save time and money. Please let me know if you found out. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I've searched a lot of places but not sure what's the correct address and dept. to send the final transcript to. I want to make sure before sending one to save time and money. Please let me know if you found out. Thank you!
Last month I had the same question and e-mailed Abbey about it and she told me to send to the Office of Admissions 555 31st Street Downers Grove, IL 60515. Just sent mine near the end of April and they got it about a week ago :)

I'll be attending for the MA program it seems. Anyone know of good areas to kind of narrow down apt searching?
I'm also from Florida :D Orlando to be exact! Maybe we will cross paths, but also on the apartment hunt. I made a list of 8 places to look into but it seems most students recommend City View and Versailles the most.

I'm also from Florida :D Orlando to be exact! Maybe we will cross paths, but also on the apartment hunt. I made a list of 8 places to look into but it seems most students recommend City View and Versailles the most.
Awesome, I'm over at Tampa. And yea, those two seem to be the general consensus. Any idea if there's a forum or page to search for roommates or anything? I'm planning to head up in July to scout out the apts

Awesome, I'm over at Tampa. And yea, those two seem to be the general consensus. Any idea if there's a forum or page to search for roommates or anything? I'm planning to head up in July to scout out the apts
I actually grew up in St. Pete, but attended UCF. I found my roomie off of the CDMI Class of 2019 FB page, and I've seen some people post on there trying to find room mates and living situations too.

Have you guys sent in your immunization records and proof of getting a physical?

I actually grew up in St. Pete, but attended UCF. I found my roomie off of the CDMI Class of 2019 FB page, and I've seen some people post on there trying to find room mates and living situations too.
Haven't found a Fb page for my program yet so I may just hop onto the other ones haha

Last month I had the same question and e-mailed Abbey about it and she told me to send to the Office of Admissions 555 31st Street Downers Grove, IL 60515. Just sent mine near the end of April and they got it about a week ago :)
Thank you very much for your response, Tara!

Has everybody figured out where they'll live? I'm trying to figure out where other students and spouses will live to make car pooling easier.

Members don't see this ad :)
Deciding between Clover Creek and Lakeside. You?

I'm still trying to figure out where to go... Too bad I just want to be cheap, but judging by the reviews on a lot of apartments, it wouldn't be a good idea.

Im looking for roommates as well. City view and Brookhill have been highly recommended so I may end up there

Hey guys I'm in a bit of a pickle and need help. I got a C- in Orgo II Lab and when I sent in my final transcript on the accepted student's checklist it says one credit of orgo lab is still pending. How screwed am I? I'm seriously freaking out right now. Help!

Hey guys I'm in a bit of a pickle and need help. I got a C- in Orgo II Lab and when I sent in my final transcript on the accepted student's checklist it says one credit of orgo lab is still pending. How screwed am I? I'm seriously freaking out right now. Help!
Uh oh, when did you send in?

If you guys are still looking for an apartment, I'd like to refer you to "Versailles on the lake." A bunch of D2s live here and more are coming. It's a really nice apartment, close to the school. :) Message me, put my name as a referral, and we can split the bonus :).

Edit: Oops, I said this already in May.. my bad! lol it's okay tho, leaving this here anyway...

Last edited:
Uh oh, when did you send in?
I sent them in a week ago and just got final confirmation that they received the final transcript, but Orgo II Lab is still missing on my checklist o_O

I've just registered for a summer orgo ii lab class just in case. I do not need this kind of stress a month before school :'(

I was one pre-req short as well and I finished the class like 2 weeks ago and sent in my final transcript. It still showed that the pre-req was missing so I called and they changed it over for me. Hopefully you will have similar luck!

Late to the party, but I was just officially approved to live at Versailles with my roomies :D We did our research and one of the roomies went to tour a couple properties, but Versailles seemed like the best! Excited but nervous for fall eeepppp Who else is?

Late to the party, but I was just officially approved to live at Versailles with my roomies :D We did our research and one of the roomies went to tour a couple properties, but Versailles seemed like the best! Excited but nervous for fall eeepppp Who else is?

Nice! We'll be neighbors :)

Random question but how much did they increase your rent for renewing your lease?

Apartment by $40 and garage parking by $15. T____T Thinking about moving out next year.

Apartment by $40 and garage parking by $15. T____T Thinking about moving out next year.
where would you move to? just seeing what a current student has heard about other complexes in the area because it seems like everyone recommends versailles haha

can someone please let me know the dress code i'd really appreciate it

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know people who lives at Clover Creek? Would you recommend it?

I'm looking into moving to Clover Creek. I'm still on the fence though.

where would you move to? just seeing what a current student has heard about other complexes in the area because it seems like everyone recommends versailles haha

Honestly, I don't really know. But, I'm thinking about moving further away from the school and try finding a larger and/or cheaper apartment. Versailles is actually perfect, but with my living plans (starting a family next year) it seems that it's a better idea to move somewhere else.

Currently, I'm looking at apartments in Westmont area or even Naperville.

I'm looking at apartments in Naperville!

When Midwestern sends you back the excess money from student loans, is it broken up by quarter, or do you get the whole amount at the beginning?

I'm looking at apartments in Naperville!

When Midwestern sends you back the excess money from student loans, is it broken up by quarter, or do you get the whole amount at the beginning?

Per quarter. Be aware that the first refund date for new students is a bit later than the rest of us.

When is the first refund typically?
I asked one of the mwu financial advisors this and she said for new students it's a week after school begins but for returning students it's a week before the term starts.

I asked one of the mwu financial advisors this and she said for new students it's a week after school begins but for returning students it's a week before the term starts.

Well that's a kick in the pants. It would make it easier for getting an apartment if we had the money before we started school.

@MBlue16 How manageable is the course load? It looks like there are about 3-5 courses per quarter, but which ones would you say were the toughest or required more attention? I guess this is a strange question to ask because it's systems based and some may be stronger in certain areas, so it's subjective, but just wondering which ones seemed the toughest for the class on average? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
@taraDNA

Technically, you will only have 2 courses at any given time: IBSS and DENT.

DENT is the important one; the one that teaches you dental techniques, oral health, etc.. In general, this course will have more weight (7-9 credits)

IBSS is the science course. This course is geared toward board prep. You will tackle all the science you need to know for the board here. Usually, you have one or two IBSS course per quarter (3-4 credits each). These courses will not overlap (i.e. you will finish one IBSS course before you start a new one).

IBSS can get crazy, especially if you are not familiar with the material. However, I think the course load is manageable, especially because we don't have too many homeworks (almost non-existent) and because the exams are 100% multiple choice.

Hello everyone!
Was accepted into the dental program a little over a month ago and very excited about starting in the fall.
Is anyone looking for an extra room mate for the upcoming year? Been doing my research and feel that it would be a lot cheaper and wise to have a room mate for the journey ahead. Please reply back and I can provide contact info.
Thanks!

Hello everyone!
Was accepted into the dental program a little over a month ago and very excited about starting in the fall.
Is anyone looking for an extra room mate for the upcoming year? Been doing my research and feel that it would be a lot cheaper and wise to have a room mate for the journey ahead. Please reply back and I can provide contact info.
Thanks!
I'm going up next week to look at places

Do you guys know if there is a bus that runs from one of the train stops to campus? I'm thinking about living in Naperville and I'm trying to decide if the train would be an option.

Right on! Let me know if your thinking about having a roomie or multiple room mates and what places your interested in. What days will you be up here next week?
I'll be there from Monday-Friday. I'm open to having a roommate for sure. There's a few complexes around school itself I'll be looking at, and some in Naperville

Where have you looked at

I've looked into the Addison of Naperville, which is where I'm applying right now, and also Fairways of Naperville. Both have in-unit washer and dryer, plus all the other stuff and they are just up the street from a metra stop.

I've looked into the Addison of Naperville, which is where I'm applying right now, and also Fairways of Naperville. Both have in-unit washer and dryer, plus all the other stuff and they are just up the street from a metra stop.
Ok cool. I'll check those places out.

Do you guys know if there is a bus that runs from one of the train stops to campus? I'm thinking about living in Naperville and I'm trying to decide if the train would be an option.
I live in Naperville. The bus line is Pace. I would not recommend the bus. They have a bus from the Downers Grove Main but it is slow and you still have to walk from the corner of Highland Ave. and 31st to school. Which will be terrible in the winter. Get a car or car pool. I think we'll need to get a car pool list going once school starts. Message me if you have any questions about school or the Naperville area.

It has been done. We just sent the deposit for The Addison of Naperville.
Anyone else living over in that neck of the woods?

Also, can I just say how stoked I am for classes to start? Being a dentist has been my dream career since I was 13.

Orientation schedule was sent out today! I'm excited, but also don't want summer to end lol Anyway, here's a kind of strange question. I went to my dentist the other day and he said only one of my wisdom teeth really needs to come out, the other 3 are alright but I could get them out if I wanted to. He said since they aren't bothering me yet, I should wait until I get a break during dental school to get them taken out there because it would be a lot cheaper. I looked around on some SDN forums and saw that some schools do offer free or super reduced dental care to students. Does MWU do this as well?