***The Official Midwestern University-Illinois Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I got rejected also today :(
Did they specify a reason for your rejection in the letter ? or did they just say due to competitive applicants
Nothing personalized, general rejection letter in the mail stating there is a high number of very competitive applicants this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed the secondary application on 8/1/15

Do you mind sharing when your app was complete and your AADSAS mail out date/stats?

I am curious where they are at timewise

Reactions: 1 user
i also just got my rejection letter, submitted 2nd batch :(
I find it extremely hard to believe that you got rejected with a DAT score like that... If you don't mind me asking, what is the weakest part of your application or why do you think they rejected it?

Reactions: 1 users
I find it extremely hard to believe that you got rejected with a DAT score like that... If you don't mind me asking, what is the weakest part of your application or why do you think they rejected it?

Probably my 3.0 GPA. I think the rest of my application is pretty strong (300+ hours shadowing, volunteering/mission trips, ~17 months of dental assisting)

Probably my 3.0 GPA. I think the rest of my application is pretty strong (300+ hours shadowing, volunteering/mission trips, ~17 months of dental assisting)
I have similar stats to you. Have you gotten interviews anywhere else if you don't mind me asking?

Congratulations to the incoming class of Midwestern University - IL Dental Class of 2020!

Please join the FACEBOOK group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/mwucdmi2020/

(If you have not heard back yet, don't loose hope. Last year there were many interviews and offers in the spring)

How is Midwestern notifying applicants for offers of admission tomorrow? Email? Phone Call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Midwestern portal changed! Put up a deposit information on the home page!

I GOT ACCEPTED! CLASS OF 2020!

I’m happy to inform you that the admissions committee for the College of Dental Medicine-Illinois (CDMI) at Midwestern University has offered you acceptance into the Class of 2020! Congratulations on your acceptance!You should receive an acceptance letter within the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, however, you should now have access to all of the important acceptance information via your online applicant account at http://online.midwestern.edu. Your matriculation deposit will be due January 7, 2016.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions. Congratulations again on your acceptance into CDMI and we look forward to working with you throughout the matriculation process.

Have a great week!

I hope I didnt break any rule, but so excited right now, so watch ur email guys. So if you are accepted, 1 month to make a deposit for matriculation

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
do you think they send acceptance based on interview date or alphabetical order?

do you think they send acceptance based on interview date or alphabetical order?

Not sure about the order, but definitely not interview date and alphabetical order. We were the last batch to get interviewed and my last name is towards the end of the alphabet.

I haven't heard a single thing from this school after submitting my supp app months ago..

Last edited:
Just got offered an interview. I've already been accepted elsewhere but I'm interested in this school. For those who have interviewed, what are some pros and cons?

Got offered an interview invite today! Anyone interviewing January 25th ?

Got offered an interview invite today! Anyone interviewing January 25th ?
I got offered one today as well! Planning on scheduling it either 25th or 26th

Can anyone give any interview tips? Things to say/not to say. Would like to hear from those who got accepted as well! Please :)

I'll be denying my acceptance to this school, so another spot will be opening up

received an interview invite today! but i've already been accepted somewhere else so I may withdraw my application. :unsure:

What were you guy's mail out date? Still haven't heard from here..

Still have not heard anything back. My portal just says "application complete," and it has been about 2 months now. Any ideas why the school might be slow?

Still have not heard anything back. My portal just says "application complete," and it has been about 2 months now. Any ideas why the school might be slow?

They must not be very interested...I am in the same boat

Can anyone give any interview tips? Things to say/not to say. Would like to hear from those who got accepted as well! Please :)

You probably heard/read this so many times, but all you have to do is "be yourself". They give ethical questions so there is no right or wrong answer. Just know how to justify your answer and you'll be good. The interviewers were super friendly and you won't feel any stress while doing the interview. Goodluck on your interview ;)

To those who recently received interview invitations… Do you all mind sharing your stats?

is there anyone that went to both Arizona and Illinois for interviews? Can you do a compare/contrast on the programs?

Got an interview invite here. Anybody who interviewed already can tell me about how they like the school?
Also, if someone got to visit the Arizona campus already, can you tell me which one you liked better and why?

I liked the Arizona one better, maybe because I went there first.

People seemed genuine and more approachable

what about the programs/curriculum? I've heard they are different. Does one offer more clinical? different courses?

I've received promo offers by email for master's degrees and such but otherwise no response from this school yet. I wonder if they're hinting at something hmm...

Yea they're soft rejections I think

Might withdraw my app