***The Official Midwestern University-Illinois Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I just got accepted to my #1 school, ASDOH, so I will be withdrawing my acceptance to Midwestern Illinois. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just interviewed today and I think it went well, but it seems like everyone has been getting that impression from the interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
any other in staters still hoping for an interview invite or is it just me...

Don't they usually send out all acceptances/waitlists/rejection same day ?
Nah, the Biomed students from both AZ and IL have just finished finals so we just got our interview offers from MWU. I don't know how it goes for other people, but the Biomeds aren't supposed to expect acceptances until May.

I am a member of the inaugural class of 2015- first graduating class of CDMI and also a Biomed graduate of Midwestern University (class of 2011). Please let me know if you have any questions. For more info on my experiences and preparedness for "real world dentistry", check out my blog and YouTube channel at:
http://jessbdmd.tumblr.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCieLRNycD0MqICWL9CuJOOQ/videos

Congratulations to you all and good luck on your journey to DMD!
Peace and blessings.

-Jess

I am a member of the inaugural class of 2015- first graduating class of CDMI and also a Biomed graduate of Midwestern University (class of 2011). Please let me know if you have any questions. For more info on my experiences and preparedness for "real world dentistry", check out my blog and YouTube channel at:
http://jessbdmd.tumblr.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCieLRNycD0MqICWL9CuJOOQ/videos

Congratulations to you all and good luck on your journey to DMD!
Peace and blessings.

-Jess

Oh man! I've been trying to find your blog and I forgot what it was called. Sooooo glad you posted it here. I'll be sure to have it bookmarked!
(Btw, you gave me a tour on my interview day... now I'm a D2 at MWU)

Has anybody received an acceptance email since interviewing from at least Feb. 29th?

Has anybody received an acceptance email since interviewing from at least Feb. 29th?
I heard the committee gets together once a month & makes decisions. So late February interviewers will probably hear back when early March interviewers hear back. I interviewed March 7th & they told us 3-4 weeks.

Just cancelled my March 29 interview. Best of luck!

Just got accepted today!

I interviewed on Feb. 29th and am OOS.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted today as well! I interview on 3/7 and I'm out of state.

For those of you who were accepted, congrats!
Anyone mind sharing their o/s gpas and DAT scores?

Does anybody know the statistics on how many students pass their boards?

Does anybody know the statistics on how many students pass their boards?

I know that there's only 1 person (out of ~125) who failed the NBDE 1 on the first try last year.

As of this year's stats, you'll have to wait.... It's a little unique, cuz people are trying to avoid the possible change that may happen in April, so people are taking the boards super early. I, myself just done with the boards 15 minutes ago lol. I'm feeling super horrible right now T__T

How is the NBDE exam changing?

I don't know the specifics, but the ADA expects the failure rate to double nationally (from 3% to 6%). I believe they are not adjusting the difficulty (which is already so damn high), they are just changing the format or some sort. So, supposedly, there should be no difference in the way you study.

Just got offered an interview this morning!! April 5th is my interview day

I saw this in the MWU-Arizona forum but do we get apple computers during orientation? It seems like they do so I was just curious if we do as well. Does anyone know?

I saw this in the MWU-Arizona forum but do we get apple computers during orientation? It seems like they do so I was just curious if we do as well. Does anyone know?

Pretty sure you do. Included in tuition

Not to keep though, right? Do we return them at some point?

You pay for it in tuition so it's all yours. Im pretty sure even if you own one you can't opt out of it. Everyone's required to purchase it

Can someone confirm ?

You pay for it in tuition so it's all yours. Im pretty sure even if you own one you can't opt out of it. Everyone's required to purchase it

Can someone confirm ?

Yep. We get a macbook pro that we can keep. They want us to have the exact same laptop, because their curriculum is heavily attached to Axium (an EHR system).

That being said... don't get a new laptop. As you said... you can't opt out.... at least, I don't think I know anyone who opted out successfully so far lol

So with THAT being said... anyone know anyone who wants to buy a gently used 2013 Macbook pro lol...

Does Midwestern accept community college credits for prerequisite courses?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

That being said... don't get a new laptop. As you said... you can't opt out.... at least, I don't think I know anyone who opted out successfully so far lol

Do they make you use programs in classes that are mac os specific or would it work with Windows as well?

Do they make you use programs in classes that are mac os specific or would it work with Windows as well?

I believe, the only program they are concerned about is the Axium. Axium will work for both OS, but they want to make sure that if there's any problem, they would know how to fix it. That's why they keep it all the same.

Just got a letter today. On the alternate list :/ interviewed 3-1-16

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who interviewed on Feb. 29th remember the names of the 7 faculty who conducted the interviews? message me please

Hey guys, need a quick bit of advice from any of you. I was accepted to the dental school and apparently I am 2 english credits shy of the requirements since my science degree didn't require anymore than 4 english credits. I am currently finishing a masters degree in biomedical sciences and this school doesnt offer english courses. I am seriously dreading taking summer classes right before dental school starts at a community college. Anyone else in the same predicament before starting dental school have any advice on how to handle this?

Does Midwestern accept community college credits for prerequisite courses?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Yep. They accept credits from any nationally accredited institution. I emailed and asked.

Hey guys anyone who has interviewed, anyway you could run us through the day and what kind of questions they asked thanks!!

Hey guys anyone who has interviewed, anyway you could run us through the day and what kind of questions they asked thanks!!

1. Introduction to the School by the Dean
2. Tour of the School
3. Interviews
4. Eat Lunch
5. Visit the Clinic

Don't stress about the interview. You can't really prepare for it. Like previously mentioned the interviews are just different scenarios you need to have a conversation about.

Let hope the MBook have 256GB SSD at least. Though I prefer 512

Let hope the MBook have 256GB SSD at least. Though I prefer 512
Just browsing the Mac website and the technology fee, it looks like it will be 256GB SSD.

I believe, the only program they are concerned about is the Axium. Axium will work for both OS, but they want to make sure that if there's any problem, they would know how to fix it. That's why they keep it all the same.
Did everyone show up with the same macbook in class the first day? I'm really tempted to try and opt out since I am more familiar with Windows and with $1500 I can get a pretty decent alternative as well.

Anyone know if they're still interviewing ?

Did everyone show up with the same macbook in class the first day? I'm really tempted to try and opt out since I am more familiar with Windows and with $1500 I can get a pretty decent alternative as well.

Pretty much. You will be handed your 13 inch Macbook Pro with Retina display during the orientation. Go ahead and give it a try if you want, but I don't think it's going to work. As I said, many before you have tried and failed lol.

Trust me on this though: When you have a problem with Axium or any internet connection, which happens quite often, you'd wish everybody else have the same problem. Cuz, the class won't wait for you to figure out how to fix it. But, if this happens to everyone (indicating that this is not your personal device's problem), the course directors will usually compensate it somehow. So, in my humble opinion, it's better to just go with the herd this time.