***The Official Midwestern University-Illinois Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Oh... and Axium is an EHR software. It is pretty much your bread and butter, especially starting the second year.

Members don't see this ad.

If you guys are still wondering about the first board exam passing rate: We are still waiting for about half of the class (of 2018) to take the exam, but so far, the first time taker passing rate is 100%!!

I just got my mail.... AND I FREAKIN' PASS!!!

Reactions: 2 users
If you guys are still wondering about the first board exam passing rate: We are still waiting for about half of the class (of 2018) to take the exam, but so far, the first time taker passing rate is 100%!!

CONGRATS!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm... so it's April, and I have been waitlisted since December. Bad news? Waiting game? Anyone have any insight?

Does anybody know when we are supposed to start the financial aid application? Can we start now or do we have to wait?

Does anybody know when we are supposed to start the financial aid application? Can we start now or do we have to wait?
I was wondering the same thing! If you find out let us know please!

I have already finished the financial aids app. You guys should start it when you are done with tax return.

I interviewed on 3/29 and havent heard anything yet- anyone else who had the same day or later?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is for any current student or any student that has already been accepted...has anyone found cheaper health insurance than what the school offers?

This is for any current student or any student that has already been accepted...has anyone found cheaper health insurance than what the school offers?

I have insurance through Obama care. It is with Aetna and really good insurance. My deductible was only $500 and after I reach the deductible I am covered 100%. I pay $11.71 a month. I would look into it. I haven't applied for my insurance waiver with MWU yet though so I don't know if it will get approved as an alternative. I would definitely look into it.

Reactions: 1 users
I have insurance through Obama care. It is with Aetna and really good insurance. My deductible was only $500 and after I reach the deductible I am covered 100%. I pay $11.71 a month. I would look into it. I haven't applied for my insurance waiver with MWU yet though so I don't know if it will get approved as an alternative. I would definitely look into it.

OMG thats amazing! I would love to find insurance like that! Let me know how it goes with the waiver :)

Has anyone who filled out their financial aid stuff gotten an award letter? I filled mine out over a month ago & still haven't heard anything back ...

Has anyone who filled out their financial aid stuff gotten an award letter? I filled mine out over a month ago & still haven't heard anything back ...

I filled mine out in February and haven't received an an award letter either. When I contacted the financial aid department she responded to the email with this--

"You should receive your award letter sometime in July. We are currently processing students who begin their programs in June 2016. "

I was concerned too that I hadn't heard anything back. I hope that can give you some peace of mind.

Last edited:
I filled mine out in January and still haven't received an award letter yet either :/. I've been concerned about it, but it makes me feel a little better knowing others haven't received theirs yet either. Hopefully they will get to it soon.
Hopefully. I'm going to call them on Friday to ask because I've heard you need that information to prove "income" when renting

Hopefully. I'm going to call them on Friday to ask because I've heard you need that information to prove "income" when renting

True. I didn't even consider that. Can you please post on here what they tell you when you call?

I received my award letter about three weeks ago...filled out my financial aid at the end of February.

Where are you guys finding the most affordable housing near Midwestern? I am looking for good married housing that isn't too far away, but I don't know the area at all.

Also, are there other international students (possibly from Canada) that have found a good private loan from the States to pay for Dental School? I need to pay the 80K tuition in the next month and a half and would like to use American lenders due to the low Canadian Dollar right now.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Other alternatives to the commonly suggested apartments are the apartments listed at Apartments.com. They have a decent list of apartments in the area. I found my new apartment there.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what address I need to forward my transcripts to? Any help would be much appreciated!

Does anyone know what address I need to forward my transcripts to? Any help would be much appreciated!

I sent them to the address of the office of admissions and one has been received so far so it seems like the right place.

yes I just got the award letter today.

Where are you guys finding the most affordable housing near Midwestern? I am looking for good married housing that isn't too far away, but I don't know the area at all.

Also, are there other international students (possibly from Canada) that have found a good private loan from the States to pay for Dental School? I need to pay the 80K tuition in the next month and a half and would like to use American lenders due to the low Canadian Dollar right now.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I took a flight to the area with my bf over the weekend. Depend on how much you budget to pay for apt, are you willing to drive further to school, do you want washer/dryer inside, do the stores around the area fit your need and so on.... So we checked out like 7 different places. Each place prove renting income differently. Some let you use 100% loans as income, others would say limitation is 43K soooo you need cosigner. I see places that require self-income of x3 rent amount. For guarantor, it is x5 rent amount.

Safe areas or so so area all range from 1k+ per 1 bedroom apt (electric paid separately most of the time, but water might be included in rent, again, this is up to each apartment). DONT ever trust the pictures. Pics might look nice, but neighborhood might be bad. It is your best bet to fly down there, and check around yourself. You are living around these area for 4 years so...

I live in virginia, and we do have a lot of trees. Lombards, Lisle, and area around do have trees, but those are small. Go further west, you see bigger ones (I like the shade). After everything, I decided to live 25 mins away to the West of the school.

Does anyone know anyone that got off the waitlist this year ?

I took a flight to the area with my bf over the weekend. Depend on how much you budget to pay for apt, are you willing to drive further to school, do you want washer/dryer inside, do the stores around the area fit your need and so on.... So we checked out like 7 different places. Each place prove renting income differently. Some let you use 100% loans as income, others would say limitation is 43K soooo you need cosigner. I see places that require self-income of x3 rent amount. For guarantor, it is x5 rent amount.

Safe areas or so so area all range from 1k+ per 1 bedroom apt (electric paid separately most of the time, but water might be included in rent, again, this is up to each apartment). DONT ever trust the pictures. Pics might look nice, but neighborhood might be bad. It is your best bet to fly down there, and check around yourself. You are living around these area for 4 years so...

I live in virginia, and we do have a lot of trees. Lombards, Lisle, and area around do have trees, but those are small. Go further west, you see bigger ones (I like the shade). After everything, I decided to live 25 mins away to the West of the school.
I hope that you know we will have classes at 7:30am right?

Does anyone know about the federal work study program?

Is anyone still on the waitlist?? I know its super late in the cycle haha but Ive been on the waitlist since Feb and still no emails.

Is anyone still on the waitlist?? I know its super late in the cycle haha but Ive been on the waitlist since Feb and still no emails.
I still am waiting, I haven't heard anything except to submit any updates. I talked to a couple other 'waitlisters' and they haven't heard anything either.

My friend and I have been on the waitlist since February :(

They need to let us know already!! Hope we all get a chance :)

Has anyone called to see if the class is full ? Also I know two kids got pulled off in June from Illinois so it has been moving ....

Has anyone called to see if the class is full ? Also I know two kids got pulled off in June from Illinois so it has been moving ....
I'll call admissions later today and see whats going on with the current class and if we should expect more movement on the waitlist?

Can any current students provide insight on how the majority of students take notes during class? Do they use a MacBook, iPad, or any apps etc?

Hey guys! For those of you still on waitlist, I just received my acceptance last friday, the waitlist is still moving don't give up!

Can any current students provide insight on how the majority of students take notes during class? Do they use a MacBook, iPad, or any apps etc?

Majority: MacBook, cuz everybody received one at the beginning.
Some use iPad. Not many use actual note book. lol

just curious...do we get actual books or is everything online (our books, powerpoints, etc.)?

Majority: MacBook, cuz everybody received one at the beginning.
Some use iPad. Not many use actual note book. lol

Sweet. Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything extra I should get in advance.

Just got accepted today!

Reactions: 2 users
just curious...do we get actual books or is everything online (our books, powerpoints, etc.)?

Everything is online for your DENT courses and for the IBSS (Science) courses, the lecture notes are online or you can purchase them already printed and bound from the bookstore for usually around $2o per class.

Does anyone know about the federal work study program?

I'm in the FWS program and I don't know how much it changes year-to-year, but this year we can earn a maximum of $3000 for the year ($11/hr on campus, $13/hr for research jobs and off campus partners). There are usually not a ton of On-Campus openings, but it depends on when you check. There are a good number of Off-Campus partnerships that you can work for (usually community service stuff) and then if you can get a research position, those are an option too.

I just got my bill for the fall semester. I see a surgical atlas and telescope on the itemized bill... do we get a telescope to keep?