****The Official Minnesota Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

aznboi89x

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
incoming D1 at Minnesota here, post away!

good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
aznboi, tell us your story. I am in need of motivation :). I looked at ur stats/background and I feel that uve gone through a lot! do tellll :)

Just got an interview, scheduled for Sep 11th. SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

I just got an interview invite for the 11th as well! They contacted me by email.

They contacted me via email. Also I did get a "AADSAS Application received by U of M" email on July 9th. Also, was in the first batch.

School:University of Minnesota
Notification date:8/8/13
Method of notification:email
Residency:CA
AADSAS mail-out date:first batch (forgot date)
GPA (science, overall):3.78, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):22/21/18/20/none

My bad, it was through email. I made a mistake. :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like it. I only know of 3 people so far that are interviewing on Sept 11th. All were in first batch.

any ideas on how often interview invites go out? Also, if you were in the first batch and did not receive an invitation is that any cause for concern?

Got an email saying "One or more items is missing from your file" but then when it lists what is required there is a "Yes" next to everything implying that it's received. I called today, and the lady I spoke to didn't really give me a definitive answer as to if my application was complete or not.:confused::confused::scared::confused:

Got an email saying "One or more items is missing from your file" but then when it lists what is required there is a "Yes" next to everything implying that it's received. I called today, and the lady I spoke to didn't really give me a definitive answer as to if my application was complete or not.:confused::confused::scared::confused:

That's odd. I received the same email but it informed me an LOR was missing. When I called she said an automated system sent that batch of emails. So it might have been a mistake and she did not know what was the matter just yet.

Did you specifically have an employer or volunteer supervisor LOR sent to them? I mean specifically a letter like that, not a letter from a dentist saying you were actively assisting them.

I received the same email, after already receiving an interview. Talked to Kathy, and she said it was a mistake.

That's odd. I received the same email but it informed me an LOR was missing. When I called she said an automated system sent that batch of emails. So it might have been a mistake and she did not know what was the matter just yet.

Did you specifically have an employer or volunteer supervisor LOR sent to them? I mean specifically a letter like that, not a letter from a dentist saying you were actively assisting them.

You don't think a letter from a dentist satisfies the employer/supervisor letter requirement? I got an email saying that I am missing a letter from employer/supervisor but I had a letter from a dentist that I assisted.

You don't think a letter from a dentist satisfies the employer/supervisor letter requirement? I got an email saying that I am missing a letter from employer/supervisor but I had a letter from a dentist that I assisted.

When I called, Kathy took a look at the letter and told me why the system did not consider it sufficient. One of her suggestions was to ask the dentist to specifically write about my work with him as if he was my supervisor (I can't remember how she exactly worded it). I assisted my dentist as well, so it just depends. I opted to have my current employer provide a letter and send it in, which Minn will take an emailed or faxed LOR from your employer. That made me happy because I did not have to go a roundabout route through AADSAS or even have to wait on snail mail.

Ultimately, you need to call. :)

No one else going to the interview on Sept. 13? I would really like to share my hotel room to save $$$. Anyone interested?

I'll even give you my personal info so you can verify if I'm a creeper :rolleyes:

Interview invite received a couple days ago. Very excited :) i believe I was in the first batch? In-state.

Got an interview invite a week or so ago for October 7th. What is the competition like for out of staters? (Ave DAT, gpa, shadowing, etc)

Got an interview invite a week or so ago for October 7th. What is the competition like for out of staters? (Ave DAT, gpa, shadowing, etc)

Hey Jordwin, is your check-time at 7.15 am? I recently rescheduled my interview to october 7th but I never got the full schedule. Do you know what time the interview ends if you start at 7.15 am?

thanks.

Just got my very first interview from the U of M Dental! :love: I am scheduled for this Friday, 09/13/13 at 7:15am. Btw I am a proud Mn resident :laugh:

Last edited:
Hey Jordwin, is your check-time at 7.15 am? I recently rescheduled my interview to october 7th but I never got the full schedule. Do you know what time the interview ends if you start at 7.15 am?

thanks.

Not sure, mine is at 10:15. Although the whole process for me is 5 hours and 15 minutes. Hope this helps.

Got an interview today for September 26th at 7:15! First interview and I am so excited!!! My app was mailed out 7/26 with my last professor LOR on 8/2 and they held my app without contacting me until 8/30 when the portal was updated so my replacement LOR for an employer was updated 9/9 and I thought for sure I lost my shot.

Anyone have their interview already!? Was it stressful or more relaxed? Good luck to everyone!

Anyone have their interview already!? Was it stressful or more relaxed? Good luck to everyone!

I had my interview already. I thought it was a very low stress and absolutely LOVED the school. Definitely will be going there if accepted on Dec 2nd. Also, my interview was closed file, and I had two people interviewing me.

I would just say relax, and get the most out of this day. You spend a lot of your time with the dental students, so be ready to ask them questions.

Good luck and God Bless!

I had my interview already. I thought it was a very low stress and absolutely LOVED the school. Definitely will be going there if accepted on Dec 2nd. Also, my interview was closed file, and I had two people interviewing me.

I would just say relax, and get the most out of this day. You spend a lot of your time with the dental students, so be ready to ask them questions.

Good luck and God Bless!

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you thought it went well, good luck come December!

I just had my interview today! It was really enjoyable experience and I got a very positive impression of the dental program. Everyone was very friendly and helpful in answering questions.

Good luck and God Bless!

Thanks! So your interview was closed file. So then did they go over your file during that 'file review' time?

Thanks! So your interview was closed file. So then did they go over your file during that 'file review' time?

Yeah during the file review time they just made sure your application is complete, and that everything will be done, such as prereqs, before you start dental school.

The interview was relaxing and the people I met were friendly as well. The questions were very situation based, but if you're being honest you'll find an example for them. Pretty sure by posting this someone from my date will know who I am :laugh:

The interview was relaxing and the people I met were friendly as well. The questions were very situation based, but if you're being honest you'll find an example for them. Pretty sure by posting this someone from my date will know who I am :laugh:

Were you in group 1 by any chance? I was there for the yesterday's interview too haha

Anyone want to split room and cab for the interview on Nov. 7th? I already got a hotel for $66 and we can split with $33. Message me.Thanks!

Last edited:
Is it true that OOS applicants who interviewed pre-december will get at least waitlisted? I have never seen a rejection from minnesota for pre-dec interviews???

Is it true that OOS applicants who interviewed pre-december will get at least waitlisted? I have never seen a rejection from minnesota for pre-dec interviews???

its true

D1 at Minnesota

This cycle is my first time applying and I have a pre-dec interview. Still seems fishy that a person gets at least wait listed if they had a pretty Dec interview...