****The Official Minnesota Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

They were closed for thanksgiving yesterday and today.

Last edited:
They were closed for thanksgiving yesterday and today. I'm assuming the updates were put in place on Wednesday. I kept hoping my "invited for interview" would change if I stared at it all day today but no such luck. Also, silent watchers - please keep us updated if anyone's status changes.
I noticed mine change the 2nd time I looked at it on Thursday (no change at 9am, but a change the 2nd time)

I don't understand how they put everything in, so it's entirely possible that it was put into the system Wednesday or earlier and wasn't uploaded until Thursday.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They were closed for thanksgiving yesterday and today. I'm assuming the updates were put in place on Wednesday. I kept hoping my "invited for interview" would change if I stared at it all day today but no such luck. Also, silent watchers - please keep us updated if anyone's status changes.

Sorry I forgot to mention yesterday that my status changed. OOS. I've been a "Silent Watcher" for the most part

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting. Good insight.
I noticed mine change the 2nd time I looked at it on Thursday (no change at 9am, but a change the 2nd time)

I don't understand how they put everything in, so it's entirely possible that it was put into the system Wednesday or earlier and wasn't uploaded until Thursday.[/quote

For all of you that got the 'check back dec. 2nd' message, is the date blanked out?

Wait, you got accepted last year but are going through another cycle? Any reason as to why you passed on an acceptance?
I didn't have one of the prerequisite courses and found out too late to be able to take it. the school that accepted me had some additional courses required that most other schools didn't have. moral of the story - don't loose hope and give up and get those darn classes taken even if you think it's too late for an acceptance! duh.. haha live and learn

My status changed early in the day on Thursday. Date is blanked out as well. I'm an in-state student and currently attend the U of M for my undergraduate.

Doanybody know if this school will update portal at 12 am or in the morning

My status changed to "check back Dec. 2nd" last Thursday too! OOS. I really hope there's an offer waiting for us.

Does anyone know if there's a Dean's Scholarship and how much it's worth?

Members don't see this ad :)
My status changed to "check back Dec. 2nd" last Thursday too! OOS. I really hope there's an offer waiting for us.

Does anyone know if there's a Dean's Scholarship and how much it's worth?
Is UMN your top choice ??

Is UMN your top choice ??

It's one of my top choices. Their research fellowship is something I'm really interested in. Only a bit more than 2 hours left! Did you apply to UMN?

It's one of my top choices. Their research fellowship is something I'm really interested in. Only a bit more than 2 hours left! Did you apply to UMN?
Ya I did, I just wana find out already. I remember they talked about 2 scholarships ( 1 of the 2 was alot, like half of the tuition or something) ! Not sure if you have to be an American citizen to be eligible or not though.

Ya I did, I just wana find out already. I remember they talked about 2 scholarships ( 1 of the 2 was alot, like half of the tuition or something) ! Not sure if you have to be an American citizen to be eligible or not though.

Well, I'm Canadian so I really hope international students are being considered for scholarships. Btw, I had to ask...
Your profile pic is a T1 proton-weighted density scan! Neuroscience research? ;)

12 mins.

Well, I'm Canadian so I really hope international students are being considered for scholarships. Btw, I had to ask...
Your profile pic is a T1 proton-weighted density scan! Neuroscience research? ;)

12 mins.
I wish you all the best ! Ya, medical imaging research :)

Status changed to 'Offer Made' on mobile portal

Will be going to dental school in the fall! Accepted!!

Status change to offer made ! I will be seeing yall in the fall =). Btw, anyone get an email from minn? I saw it pop open in my email then it just disappeared? My offer on aadsas is still online though.
Got the email, but no status change. Odd...

got an offer too! woo!!
sorry, i've been another silent observer :p

I have to decide whether i want to go to UMN or Sydney by tomorrow night and its killing me!!
everything says UMN, but i cant shake the appeal of living in sydney :(

Anyone know if they call everybody or just those who are getting a scholarship?

Anybody remember the details if you don't hear back on Dec. 2nd? I'm in-state

got an offer too! woo!!
sorry, i've been another silent observer :p

I have to decide whether i want to go to UMN or Sydney by tomorrow night and its killing me!!
everything says UMN, but i cant shake the appeal of living in sydney :(

Sydney, Australia?? I would imagine if you wanted to practice in the states that would be a no-go? Or do they allow Australian dentists to practice here without having re-licensing, etc.?

Sydney, Australia?? I would imagine if you wanted to practice in the states that would be a no-go? Or do they allow Australian dentists to practice here without having re-licensing, etc.?

yeah, aus-states aren't mutually accredited so i would forego the option of american practice if i choose sydney :T

oh, and i guess i forgot to mention that i'm a canadian applicant :p

but either school would still have the option of returning to canada, which is where i'd probably end up.. but nonetheless a lot more likely to practice in america than in australia down the road :(

congratulation guys for making it! I hope to be one of your mentors this coming fall!

pm me for questions.

For anyone that has interviewed but didn't get an acceptance today, I contacted Kathy and she was able to tell me that they will send out a few more acceptances throughout January and in February they will send out the majority of the rest.

I also just got off the phone with Kathy, and she said that they might accept a couple more people in December and a lot more during January and February. She pretty much said there is still a very good chance to be accepted for people that interviewed pre-december. So lets stay positive, and not lose hope.

I also just got off the phone with Kathy, and she said that they might accept a couple more people in December and a lot more during January and February. She pretty much said there is still a very good chance to be accepted for people that interviewed pre-december. So lets stay positive, and not lose hope.

Did you happen to ask, or if if anyone else knows, how many acceptances were sent out today? Last year it seemed as though the class was about half full in mid-Jan.

To any OOSer who hasn't gotten an acceptance to Minnesota yet, I think I'm going to be declining my acceptance later this week - so another seat should open.

Gonna sleep on it to make 100% sure it's what I want to do.

To any OOSer who hasn't gotten an acceptance to Minnesota yet, I think I'm going to be declining my acceptance later this week - so another seat should open.

IOWA ! I am telling you, you are going there :D Save money ~ live better !

IOWA ! I am telling you, you are going there :D Save money ~ live better !
That's the direction I'm leaning.

Really loved Minnesota, but I'm not sure I can justify the HUGE cost difference.

Trust me, we wana have a cool kid like you as a classmate but.....how much is the difference ? Plz dont say +100 K cuz i will freak out !!
PS. Were u there when we had a chat with Azioboi on saturday night ??

Trust me, we wana have a cool kid like you as a classmate but.....how much is the difference ? Plz dont say +100 K cuz i will freak out !!
PS. Were u there when we had a chat with Azioboi on saturday night ??
Oh yeah, it's a more than 100k diff. More like 200ish. And yes I was, that is what made it harder. He sold the school so well!

If I were you I wouldnt even debate this !! with 200K u can buy ur own condo/apartment ! :)
Ya, I was initially debating between UDM and UMN but after the chat I was sold on UMN ! Great school

If I were you I wouldnt even debate this !! with 200K u can buy ur own condo/apartment ! :)
Ya, I was initially debating between UDM and UMN but after the chat I was sold on UMN ! Great school
Best of luck to you! I'm sure you will love it!

+1 for me. I really liked the school and Minneapolis but the OOS tuition makes me dizzy. BUT before I did such a thing, what did aznboi89x say to make it so appealing?? Lol.

Good pick. Not sure what tuition diff. is between these 2 (I assume they are somewhat close since UDM is private) but I don't see how someone can even think of living in Detroit for 4 years instead of Minneapolis.

Hey aznboi89x

Is ths true?
daily_afternoon_randomness_49_photos18.jpg

true story. I live across the stadium