****The Official MOSDOH class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

samdig

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I should start this thread so that everyone's questions can be funneled into one post instead of five different posts in the pre-dental forum.

Members don't see this ad.

I called the school yesterday to check on my app. and the lady said that they start interviewing in March O.O

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems really unlikely that MOSDOH is going to be able to pull this off. Starting interviews in March? Hopefully people sitting with no acceptances sent an app to this school because, in the event that they are able to enroll the first class, I think there is going to be a high acceptance rate for those interviewed and that it's going to be a struggle for this school to fill all of its seats.

Haste makes waste. Building and opening this school seemed rushed and, as a result, mismanaged.

I want my money backkkk

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

has anyone heard any news from MOSDOH lately?? still starting interviews in march or whats the deal

I called them today and admissions told me interviews are going to be in April now! lol kinda late but I'll take what I can get.

Ya I received an email update from them today. They said march 5th/6th they should be receiving initial accreditation

Any news from them? Will there be a fall class? Also, does anyone know how many people applied? I think there will be only 40 seats, if there's a fall class...

Everything is waiting on initial accreditation. There was a paperwork snag last summer that caused a delay for a couple months. My guess is that there aren't any issues with getting accreditation, it's just a timing thing now. As of early December, there were 800 applications for 42 seats. My speculation is that it hasn't grown tremendously from that amount. Missouri was the state most represented in that pool of applications. There will be emphasis on Missouri residents and those with preference/interest in Missouri residency (OOS people might want to express that in their interview should they be invited to interview; whether that's true or not is up to you). I'm not even applying, so I don't care enough to call or anything. But I'd hope they're communicating with applicants throughout all of this. I don't know how financial aid is going to work out if they come in really late accepting people.

Everything is waiting on initial accreditation. There was a paperwork snag last summer that caused a delay for a couple months. My guess is that there aren't any issues with getting accreditation, it's just a timing thing now. As of early December, there were 800 applications for 42 seats. My speculation is that it hasn't grown tremendously from that amount. Missouri was the state most represented in that pool of applications. There will be emphasis on Missouri residents and those with preference/interest in Missouri residency (OOS people might want to express that in their interview should they be invited to interview; whether that's true or not is up to you). I'm not even applying, so I don't care enough to call or anything. But I'd hope they're communicating with applicants throughout all of this. I don't know how financial aid is going to work out if they come in really late accepting people.

they suck at communications...

at this late stage in the game, i don't even think they should bother opening for another cycle. they're going to be admitting a lot of the lower tiered applicants if it's going to be set to open in the fall.

at this late stage in the game, i don't even think they should bother opening for another cycle. they're going to be admitting a lot of the lower tiered applicants if it's going to be set to open in the fall.

at least they got into dental school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another thing I'm curious about, is the clinic setup. I don't know much about it. They're saying first 2 years are in Kirksville. Then entire 3rd year clinic is with a partnership with Grace Hill. And 4th year is 50% at Grace Hill and 50% rotations (22 in Missouri). Grace Hill is in St. Louis, 200 miles from the Kirksville campus. So where do you live? Do you move when you hit 3rd year or just commute? They're modeling it after ASDOH, but ASDOH has a clinic on site and has rotations around the country, not just in-state. Just a lot of unknowns out there. If I hadn't been accepted somewhere and got in last minute, I'd probably still go because they have the ASDOH link and that's working out wonderfully. The next cycle opens in less than 100 days; they better get crackin' if they want to open.

Did all of you send your DAT scores separately like they mentioned in their first email, because they are a new school...I got an application complete email confirming that it is forwarded to the school for review, and did not get further reminders regarding sending the test scores separately...

Did all of you send your DAT scores separately like they mentioned in their first email, because they are a new school...I got an application complete email confirming that it is forwarded to the school for review, and did not get further reminders regarding sending the test scores separately...

I did send my DAT scores separately, and it costs about $30. But what I heard later in sdn, they were able to access to DAT scores nowadays. Maybe that is why you don't get the email to send the DAT score separately. Good Luck!

They will be setting up interviews soon since the takeaway from the CODA site visit was positive. They won't be 100% sure if they will admit a class though until as late as mid August.

As I understood it, they won't get the report from the visit until April. And as said, the next meeting for accreditation consideration is this summer. I wouldn't think they'd start interviewing before they get that report. I'm not sure they even can. I suppose it'll all work out, but it's really getting late and moving forward on the assumption that it'll work out...for the school and applicants. I hope it does work out this cycle, especially for those who might have to pull the trigger on another application cycle.

just got a call from MOSDOH for an interview offer... the lady said emails will start coming out monday or tuesday and interviews will be held april and may

i got the same call. i couldnt tell if it was an actual interview offer or her just trying to figure out who is still interested. but yea, they will email next week and interviews start april 12th.

just got the call while i was shopping at Target. it's my first interview invite and was definitely unexpected haha i applied at the end of November, but if anyone has any input on what they think an interview here will be like, please let me know! please please???

I'm still in shock, i wandered aimlessly around Target for at least 30 minutes...i'm such an interview n00b :p

i got the same call. i couldnt tell if it was an actual interview offer or her just trying to figure out who is still interested. but yea, they will email next week and interviews start april 12th.

ok wait now i'm rethinking my conversation with her and it wasn't an actual "Hey come interview with us" it was more of a "look out for an email" conversation. which could mean anything! :(

Donna Sparks from MSDOH called and left me a message yesterday for an interview but I declined it today because I already got into my top two schools. Good luck to everyone! Don't give up yet!

im really not sure though so dont worry! we're just going to have to wait till early next week!

Last edited:
just got a call from MOSDOH for an interview offer... the lady said emails will start coming out monday or tuesday and interviews will be held april and may
mosdoh

those of you who have gotten the interview offer, what do your stats look like?? please reply soon. thank you and also if youre in state or out of state.

also does anyone know how many applicants they have gotten for this cycle???

I got the phone call last week also, but did they start sending out emails yet?
I wonder what the applicant/interview/acceptance ratio will be??

Got my email too!
If they are interviewing April and May, I wonder how many applicants they will end up interviewing for their 40 seats.....and also when they will start sending out their acceptance offers upon interviewing??

Good luck to everyone!!

Got a call like everyone else, turned it down because I was accepted to two other schools, and am not that interested in being in an inaugural class...

received an interview :)

3.59 cGPA
3.48 sGPA
20AA/20AA/22PAT

Accepted to 3 other schools, but I'm actually very curious to see what the school has to offer.

received an interview :)

3.59 cGPA
3.48 sGPA
20AA/20AA/22PAT

Accepted to 3 other schools, but I'm actually very curious to see what the school has to offer.

Did you receive the invite by e-mail? Thanks in advance

About the acceptances, I could be wrong, but I think I was told they would do all the interviews then make a decision on all the interviews at once since they did interview late and are trying to make it as fair as possible

I received an interview invite today and am very interested in the school! I'm trying to decide on an interview date. Anyone schedule one yet? If so, which date did you choose?

I received an interview invite today and am very interested in the school! I'm trying to decide on an interview date. Anyone schedule one yet? If so, which date did you choose?

i scheduled for the afternoon session on april 15th... the later dates interfere with finals and whatnot. good luck!

anyone know what the tuition/fees are?

how are you guys going to prepare for this interview? i feel like it will be modeled after ASDOH?

Last edited:
anyone know what the tuition/fees are?

how are you guys going to prepare for this interview? i feel like it will be modeled after ASDOH?

Everything I say here is all based on what I last heard. Stuff has shuffled and changed with this whole school, I'm sure. It's probably been crazy trying to get this off the ground for this fall. So, last I heard, it's ~$55K. No idea if that's with fees and all that too. Just a number I've heard. That was in December. I don't see a financial aid session planned in the interview day, but I'm sure it'll be included somewhere. Besides just amounts, get a rundown on financial aid and if there will be any snags or anything.

I wouldn't mind going out to interview to get more info. I don't know why I follow these new schools. Maybe my future is in academics....As for interview prep and general info, everything indicates that the curriculum is modeled after ASDOH. The whole modules thing starting with core and moving to integration into systems. 1st-year boards. Sim clinic capacity ~65 with activities including CEREC and implant placement. 3rd year clinic. 4th 1/2 clinic and 1/2 rotations in Missouri. I haven't heard if that will also include options of going outside of MO like they do at the AZ school. The idea is to serve MO, but I thought that was the case with AZ too and they go all over the country if they don't want to hit the clinics in AZ. The one thing I'm really curious about is the whole school clinic setup. You can read what I wrote above. Are students really going to have to move from Kirksville to St. Louis after their second year? I guess it's not a huge deal, but kind of odd. The school clinic being across the street or in the vicinity is the norm for schools. 200 miles away seems odd. I'm sure you'll find out. Please let me know. I'm all sorts of curious.

Also, they reference ASDOH a lot in presenting themselves. So don't feel like you're bringing up an old girlfriend/boyfriend by bringing up ASDOH. So familiarize yourself ASDOH if you haven't interviewed there. That information is much easier to find since MOSDOH material is very limited for now. Give it the respect of being it's own school...like with its own 'personality', but referencing the ASDOH system will probably be of benefit. That was a safe approach for Midwestern. They aren't identical schools....sort of have their own personality and way of doing things, but same sort of mission and parent school. Also, if you're not from MO, expressing interest in staying there or living there will be beneficial too. You gotta do what you gotta do if you're just trying to get an acceptance this cycle. And of course being public-health minded. As for seats, I've heard what you've heard: ~40-45. At the end of October there were ~650 applications; early December ~800. I'm suspecting under 1000 applications total. Who knows how long they'll interview and how many. Next cycle is only 8 weeks away.

That's all I can think of for now.

hello,
Anyone interviewing on April 15th and wanna share a room Sunday night? I'm driving from KCI am scheduled for the morning session and will be booking my room by Thursday. e-mail me: [email protected]

do you guys think it'll be one on one or group interviews? i wish i saved my secondary app, i don't even remember what it looked like :D