***The Official MOSDOH class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't find one for the class of 2019, so created this thread.. First interview invite for this cycle, yay!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I somehow missed their supplemental request email; it was dated July 8th. I found it today and sent it in. Hopefully it doesn't affect me too negatively :/

Reactions: 1 user
so for you guys who got interviews at MOSDOH, did you all have something to say for the Clinical, Volunteer, and Community Service section of the secondary? I haven't done any volunteering in an office outside of shadowing but it says do not include shadowing.

Members don't see this ad :)
so for you guys who got interviews at MOSDOH, did you all have something to say for the Clinical, Volunteer, and Community Service section of the secondary? I haven't done any volunteering in an office outside of shadowing but it says do not include shadowing.
Hey, Yeah I did... I had a ton of hours volunteering at a dental clinic, along with shadowing and a bunch of other community service organizations.

i have a question, What did you guys discuss for the second essay question? About why you want to specifically attend MOSDOH. I'm from the general area and went to school in St. Louis so i will be talking about that but don't know what else to discuss.

i have a question, What did you guys discuss for the second essay question? About why you want to specifically attend MOSDOH. I'm from the general area and went to school in St. Louis so i will be talking about that but don't know what else to discuss.

I mentioned something about the new facilities and the small class size.

Unique curriculum. Promising clinical strength. And of course express your deep, deep love of working with the underserved.

Unique curriculum. Promising clinical strength. And of course express your deep, deep love of working with the underserved.
could you show me a link/tell me more about the unique curriculum?

When did people start hearing about interviews. Haven't heard anything yet from here!

I received my invitation on 8/1. I'll be there on 10/2 at 8AM. I really enjoyed interviewing there last year, and look forward to seeing them again.

I received my invitation on 8/1. I'll be there on 10/2 at 8AM. I really enjoyed interviewing there last year, and look forward to seeing them again.
Congratulations on your interview. I'm on the same session as you! Do you mind sharing your experience from last year? what do they do during "Interviews/File Review/4th Year Rotations" ? Is it MMI or 1 on 1? Thanks!

Congratulations on your interview. I'm on the same session as you! Do you mind sharing your experience from last year? what do they do during "Interviews/File Review/4th Year Rotations" ? Is it MMI or 1 on 1? Thanks!

I'll look forward to meeting you!

Mine consisted of two faculty conducting the interview. It was quite relaxed, with relatively typical questions. Be confident, always answer with something, and be friendly. You'll enjoy it.

I have not yet met the Dean as he was out of the office during my interview.

I'll look forward to meeting you!

Mine consisted of two faculty conducting the interview. It was quite relaxed, with relatively typical questions. Be confident, always answer with something, and be friendly. You'll enjoy it.

I have not yet met the Dean as he was out of the office during my interview.
Thank you, I look forward to meeting you as well!

Good to know! Thanks for that!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite today! This is my 3rd interview invite so far. ASDOH interview this Monday. Pretty low GPA, decent DAT, OOS and non-trad student. 2,500 volunteer hours, insane amount of work and dental experience though. Super stoked!

I'm in the same boat as you!!! Lots of volunteer work, 2 degrees, over 240 credits, dental hygienist for 8 years!! Hope I get an interview.. Good luck!

Interview invite today! This is my 3rd interview invite so far. ASDOH interview this Monday. Pretty low GPA, decent DAT, OOS and non-trad student. 2,500 volunteer hours, insane amount of work and dental experience though. Super stoked!

Got the invitation email today. Will be interviewed on the 30 of this month.

Hope your interview went well! Do you mind sharing details of your interview? Was it one on one? Any surprises in questions they asked? & anything else you can think of!

Got the invitation email today. Will be interviewed on the 30 of this month.
I just got an interview invite today! Will be there on the 30th as well!

Had the interview this morning. I have to say this was one of the most pleasant interviews. All the staff members were so nice.
It was nice meeting those who I met today.

Does everyone else have MOSDOH on their AADSAS portal?

I'm interviewing next week Thurs (Nov 20th)! Very excited :) Anyone have any input or advice on what the interview format or the group exercise are like?

Are there any December or post-December interviews for this school?

Got accepted. Welcome to my new family cant wait to meet you guys.

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted. Welcome to my new family cant wait to meet you guys.

Congrats! I had a few questions for you if you don't mind.
1) How many undergraduate credit hours did you have when you applied
2)what was you Overall GPA/Science GPA
3)What was your DAT score

2 x b.s. degrees. 10percent higher than last years avgs. 1000+ hours volunteer. A+ in human compassion

2 x b.s. degrees. 10percent higher than last years avgs. 1000+ hours volunteer. A+ in human compassion
If you don't mind me asking, what state are you from and what is the first letter of your last name.
Thanks

Accepted at 8am Pacific time. (Insert HUGE cheesy grin here) Could. Not. Be. Happier!!!

congrats M4ndy. look forward to meeting you next year and we can all help each other get through the perils of dental school!

Got a call before lunch today. Got accepted.

I have an interview coming up whats the best way to prepare and what should I expect?

Belive it or not, just pulled some 3rd molars a few minutes ago. Had to section those suckers. Hahaha
Now that sounds like my kind of Tuesday night!

Is there a Facebook group thing setup for the class of 2019?

Is there a Facebook group thing setup for the class of 2019?
I see one, but it's all admin's and folks from several months ago. It doesn't look like any newly accepted people have joined recently.

spoke to admissions today. the acceptance letters were mail friday.

spoke to admissions today. the acceptance letters were mail friday.
I received mine two days ago and I live in Oregon. Orientation begins July 6th, and the white coat ceremony is the 11th. How exciting!