***The Official MOSDOH class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Is it safe to assume they are done with interviews and have filled all spots?

Members don't see this ad.

I received mine two days ago and I live in Oregon. Orientation begins July 6th, and the white coat ceremony is the 11th. How exciting!
Just got mine today. Super excited!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received mine two days ago and I live in Oregon. Orientation begins July 6th, and the white coat ceremony is the 11th. How exciting!
where did you get the dates? I looked through my papers and didnt see anything with the dates.

where did you get the dates? I looked through my papers and didnt see anything with the dates.
I called them and asked. They said we will be getting more papers next week that will give us instruction on how to log on to the atsu portal.

did anyone get an acceptance email or did you just get the packet in the mail?

i just got a call i feel like i might of imagined it while my mind is scattered from all these finals lol

i just got a call i feel like i might of imagined it while my mind is scattered from all these finals lol
That's when you check your recent call history in your phone (several times) like I it did to make sure it was real. If it says "kirksville MO" then you know ;)

Just got the call. Im In! And I feel you, 3 finals tomorrow and all I want to do is celebrate. Is there a Facebook group made?

Members don't see this ad :)
I really loved MOSDOH when I interviewed--love the school's mission, philosophy, facilities, etc. I am very fortunate to have been accepted, but I am declining my acceptance with a very sad face because of the cost, and have opted to attend my state school instead. I hope the opened spot will make someone very happy. :)

I called MOSDOH and Theresa said the committee will be meeting tomorrow for more acceptances. Not sure when that means they will be making calls.

Does anyone know if MOSDOH is still sending out interview invites?

Does anyone know if MOSDOH is still sending out interview invites?
I called their office today. According to admissions, MOSDOH was going to have one interview session at the end of January and a few in February. She ended the call with informing me that they had not filled all the seats for the upcoming class. Long story short. Still hope.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm about to put my deposit in

Reactions: 1 users
Started to believe I was never going to be able to post this. Accepted today at 1:30 p.m.!! Third time is a charm! : )

Reactions: 3 users
Interview invite for January 29th!
Good luck!! Make sure to check out their amazing museum. The woman who gives the tour is so sweet she will make your teeth hurt. Seriously.

interview invite for Jan 29th as well! looking forward to a great experience! Any advice anyone from anyone that has interviewed already?

Thank you in advance!

I want to land an interview here so badly, but my stats are average at best.

3.34GPA, 3.15sGPA
DAT:19

3.34GPA, 3.15sGPA
I have a 3.2 SGPA and a 20 DAT. MOSDOH is in my top 3 schools. On Dec 5, I wrote them a letter informing them on things I have been doing since my application was submitted. It might not hurt to do the same.

I have a 3.2 SGPA and a 20 DAT. MOSDOH is in my top 3 schools. On Dec 5, I wrote them a letter informing them on things I have been doing since my application was submitted. It might not hurt to do the same.

Have you been invited to interview? And not a bad idea. Thank you for the suggestion

3.34GPA, 3.15sGPA

My GPA's, both science and overall, are well below both of yours. This is the case even after getting mostly A's in a full time post-bacc with 400 level classes. My DAT was slightly above average but nothing to brag about. The rest of my application is extremely competitive, I feel. I got into MOSDOH and ASDOH. They both are really unique in how they don't put as much emphasis on GPA like many other schools do. They just want to know you can handle the course load (which is where my post-bacc saved me). Do you have a lot of volunteer and dental experience along with a strong proclivity toward working in public health?

Have you been invited to interview? And not a bad idea. Thank you for the suggestion
I was recently (this week) offered an interview invite. Highly recommend writing them a letter of intent. A number of people on SDN are against writing letters to schools, but after December 1rst comes around and I had no interview invites, something needed to change.

M4ndy brings up a great point, the ATSU system places a lower importance on grades but focus heavily on community outreach and dental experience.

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding if interview invites still being sent out?

A dude posted on the dental school acceptance/rejection/interview thread like yesterday that he got one. But it is probably coming to an end considering I believe they only have 42 seats.
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding if interview invites still being sent out?

Would you guys who just recently received interviews want to share your stats? If not it's fine, just trying to figure out where I'm at.
3.2 SGPA Double major with biochem and music.
20 AA and TS
Shadowing (reported):250 I have another 100 under my belt since the application
Volunteer service is highly community oriented.

Well...Figured I should drop in again and say good luck to you all! I was offered acceptance to the school on Dec. 1st. Tough choice, but I decided to accept a seat at another school (Considerably lower cost and closer to home). The folks at MOSDOH are awesome, I'm sure those of you that were accepted will love it!

Just interviewed at the school today. MOSDOH was an awesome experience and great to meet those who were in the afternoon section.

Just got invited for an interview. Looks like Feb. 12th is the only date available. Also, the closest major airport is 3 hours away?!?

Just got invited for an interview. Looks like Feb. 12th is the only date available. Also, the closest major airport is 3 hours away?!?
Yup. I flew into Kansas city and got a rental car to drive there and back. I would suggest picking an earlier flight because driving there at night is dangerous. All kinds of animals jump out onto the road at night

invite and scheduled for 2/12 afternoon. seems like it was the only available date.
Anyone who interviewed here willing to tell us how the interview process was like?
where should I fly to? Kansas city?? Do i have to rent a car to drive to school for 3 hours??? this is crazy

invite and scheduled for 2/12 afternoon. seems like it was the only available date.
Anyone who interviewed here willing to tell us how the interview process was like?
where should I fly to? Kansas city?? Do i have to rent a car to drive to school for 3 hours??? this is crazy
The interview overall is small. 6 people morning and same number afternoon.
I flew from Portland to Kansas City. Those who flew from the east coast went into Saint Louis. And yes rent a car. Word of advice, is add $50 dollars to the estimated price for the car rental; hidden fees run rampant there.

Also eat at Oklahoma joes.

I flew from Portland to Kansas City. Those who flew from the east coast went into Saint Louis. And yes rent a car. Word of advice, is add $50 dollars to the estimated price for the car rental; hidden fees run rampant there.

do you mind telling me how the interview process was like? what kind of questions did they ask? any other helpful tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

That's what I did. Got the rental car and drove straight to Oklahoma Joe's

Anyone interviewing on 2/12 in the morning?

I'm flying into St. Louis at 5 pm on the 11th, renting a car, staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Kirksville, flying out from St. Louis at 6:50 pm...

Wouldn't mind the company driving from airport to school if timing works out.

can someone please tell us how the interview process was like? anything that can help us like questions they ask.
this is my only interview so i must get accepted

I'm flying into St. Louis at 5 pm on the 11th, renting a car, staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Kirksville, flying out from St. Louis at 6:50 pm...

Heads up, renting a car sucks. Add 100 bucks to the predicted fee. At least. Also Kirksville to St. Louis is 3 hours and there was snow last time I checked the weather forecast. Drive safely friend.
can someone please tell us how the interview process was like? anything that can help us like questions they ask.
There should be an e-mail with the schedule of events. But the overall process is relaxed and is around 6 people per session. There is a lot of down time so in my group we spent that break talking about the super bowl and the typical "HOW DID IT GO!?!?!?!??!"

Do you guys mind sharing your stats? And they talked about the interview process earlier in this thread as well FYI.

Do you guys mind sharing your stats? And they talked about the interview process earlier in this thread as well FYI.

3.30 cGPA 3.20 sGPA (AADSAS)
19AA 20TS 22PAT (16RC 17QR)
had 3.62 at CC and transferred/graudated with 3.14