****The Official MUSC Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

ALCON: Recommend signing up for UPS MyChoice. It'll show if MUSC is sending you something today.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone receive any confirmation from UPS My Choice?

Does anyone have experience with UPS my choice? I just installed it but I'm not seeing any packages coming from Charleston.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, is there any particular reason MUSC uses real mail when so many others use phone calls or email?

Received UPS notification last night...praying it's good news coming!

Also, is there any particular reason MUSC uses real mail when so many others use phone calls or email?

MUSC uses mail and sometimes Dr. Javed will personally call as well. But MUSC sends a UPS envelope "package" with all kinds of paperwork in it, which would probably be too risky to send via email due to the chances of something going wrong and it not being received. MUSC continuously sends out acceptances after December 1st so just keep and eye out. It was a pretty thin UPS express envelope when I got it last year. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I received a UPS notification yesterday around 4 o'clock. Crossing my fingers for good news! Has anyone actually received their package yet?

Just to let everyone know, a UPS letter is an acceptance letter! Great job to everyone receiving acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a gamecock too! Congrats fellow Carolinians!

Has anyone else received any notifications from UPS? I feel like MUSC hasn't accepted many people yet.

Has anyone else received any notifications from UPS? I feel like MUSC hasn't accepted many people yet.
USC here also, and I haven't heard anything. I was just about to ask the same question, hopefully they'll send more out later this week.

USC here also, and I haven't heard anything. I was just about to ask the same question, hopefully they'll send more out later this week.
Haha, I know, I can barely focus on simple tasks because I'm waiting to hear more!

Gamecock here and I received my UPS Package yesterday! Good luck to everyone else and I'll see y'all in Charleston!

ayy I'm from USC too, got an acceptance yesterday!

Gamecock here and I received my UPS Package yesterday! Good luck to everyone else and I'll see y'all in Charleston!
What was your major, interview date, DAT, and GPA?

AA 20
PAT 19
Bio 21
Gen Chem 20
O Chem 19
Math 18
RC 22

OGPA 3.85
SciGPA 3.75
Graduated from USC in May
Around 535 hours of shadowing

Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted!

AA 20
PAT 19
Bio 21
Gen Chem 20
O Chem 19
Math 18
RC 22

OGPA 3.85
SciGPA 3.75
Graduated from USC in May
Around 535 hours of shadowing

Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted!
Have you been accepted?

Received a UPS notification yesterday! Hopefully I'll get the package today:) I interviewed Nov. 20

my friend graduated from the university of georgia with a degree in chemistry with a 3.6 GPA

AA 22 PAT 22

2,000 hours of experience (500 of those from managing a non-profit dental clinic)

and he interviewed in the second interview group and he hasn't heard back. do they call students in a specific order or is it at random?

my friend graduated from the university of georgia with a degree in chemistry with a 3.6 GPA

AA 22 PAT 22

2,000 hours of experience (500 of those from managing a non-profit dental clinic)

and he interviewed in the second interview group and he hasn't heard back. do they call students in a specific order or is it at random?
Firstly, that is impressive! No one really knows how the admissions works. I have similar stats as your friend with a OGPA-3.87 and SGPA- 3.89 and AA-18/PAT-20(retaking), shadowing experience, and im IS, but have not heard anything! Its a frustrating process, but it will pay off eventually.

Reactions: 1 user
Your stats are so impressive, as well! I'm sure y'all will hear soon!! Good luck!
Firstly, that is impressive! No one really knows how the admissions works. I have similar stats as your friend with a OGPA-3.87 and SGPA- 3.89 and AA-18/PAT-20(retaking), shadowing experience, and im IS, but have not heard anything! Its a frustrating process, but it will pay off eventually.
ll

Are you IS or OOS? What is your major, GPA, DAT, and approx. shadowing hours?
I'm IS. Bio major/chemistry minor. Overall GPA 3.42. Science GPA 3.33. AA 19. PAT 22. About 150 shadowing hours with an oral surgeon

For those of you who signed up for UPS My Choice, were you able to authenticate your account? I wasn't able to get the code texted to me because my address doesn't match with the billing address on my phone. So are you unable to see your packages until you type the code in?