****The Official MUSC Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

anyone know what hotels are close?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got my acceptance letter! After about 5 days of UPS struggling to get my mail to me lol

Reactions: 1 users
Hi does anybody else have an interview tommorow on December 11th?

How did the Dec. 11 interview go? Were there many interviewees?
It was great. I think we had about 15 -20 people.. Everyone there are really nice and the interview was more like a conversation.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry I'm just now posting....

got my acceptance Dec 1!
OOS (OH)
Interviewed 9/18

Anybody heard back from MUSC today? I heard that they are having a meeting for the admission today.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those of you accepted and were signed up for UPS my choice, what did it say? I got two emails from UPS telling me I have packages addressed to me with over night delivery and I was not expecting them. This made me real hopeful but when I checked the UPS website neither package is from Charleston...

To those of you accepted and were signed up for UPS my choice, what did it say? I got two emails from UPS telling me I have packages addressed to me with over night delivery and I was not expecting them. This made me real hopeful but when I checked the UPS website neither package is from Charleston...

It will say the package is coming from MUSC College of Dental Medicine. You can also check online and it's more detailed.

Hello everyone, and congratulations to those who have interviewed and/or been accepted!

I interviewed with MUSC on November 20th and got accepted on December 7th. I am torn between MUSC and my state school, LSU. The cost will be substantially more but I think MUSC will be worth it for the education and experience. Is anyone else dealing with a similar situation? If so, what are your thoughts and concerns in making your ultimate decision?

Hello everyone, and congratulations to those who have interviewed and/or been accepted!

I interviewed with MUSC on November 20th and got accepted on December 7th. I am torn between MUSC and my state school, LSU. The cost will be substantially more but I think MUSC will be worth it for the education and experience. Is anyone else dealing with a similar situation? If so, what are your thoughts and concerns in making your ultimate decision?
Just go to LSU so I can get in to MUSC. JK JK. I think it really depends on your preference. I would prefer MUSC over my state school if they offer me a seat in their class. I really enjoyed the tour and like their program more than the one here. I dont know how you feel about LSU but do what your heart says. Dental school will be tough and you need to put yourself in a place where it can be more enjoyable to stay sane. Thats what i think.

If you need more information on MUSC, you can pm me your questions @mjf

yes, choosing between here and rutgers and having a very tough time as well.. it is pretty expensive and far but i absolutely loved it

yes, choosing between here and rutgers and having a very tough time as well.. it is pretty expensive and far but i absolutely loved it

I went with my gut and accepted MUSC. Cant wait to be in Charleston! But in the end, I don't think you can make a wrong decision.

Just got a UPS notification that I'll be receiving a package from MUSC tomorrow!

Does anyone know if we are required to do the academic update on AADSAS for this semester if we accepted the offer?

Does anyone know if we are required to do the academic update on AADSAS for this semester if we accepted the offer?

I would just call Liner he will know but I would think so

I have an interview invite on February 5th. I can not make this interview date because I am flying out of country on that date. Would anyone who has an interview on January 22 would like to switch with me? PM me if possible, thanks!

Hi guys! I received an acceptance letter yesterday!
I submitted my application in mid September and had an interview Dec 11th
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back and to those who have an interview today!

Has anyone heard anything else? Or know of anybody else getting an offer? declining?

The last day to accept an offer from Dec was Jan 4th, so there should have been another round of acceptances coming out or coming soon.

Got an acceptance today, I received a packet from ups. This absolutely made my day!!!! I'm out of state, and interviewed on Jan 22. Good luck to everyone else.

This is my first time applying

School: MUSC
Interview date: 1/22/16
Acceptance date : 2/3/2016
Residency: Idaho
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18/2015
Application complete date: 8/21/2015
GPA (science, overall) (3.27, 3.42)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/17

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Rejection #5 :shifty:
School: MUSC
Notification date: 2/16/16
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/13/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 (3.56 without +/-), 3.6 (3.68 without +/-)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/21/none

Rejection letter from Dr. Javed came today, dated Feb 17. Was placed on the "alternate list."

Is alternate list the same as "wait list"? Has anyone else been placed on it?

Last edited:
Rejection letter from Dr. Javed came today, dated Feb 17. Was placed on the "alternate list."

Is alternate list the same as "wait list"? Has anyone else been placed on it?

Yes, so I believe that if someone that was accepted decides not to attend MUSC, they turn to the alternate list.

I was also placed on the alternate list. Does anyone know how long those who were accepted have to respond?

I was also placed on the alternate list. Does anyone know how long those who were accepted have to respond?
When I got my acceptance I only had about 2 weeks to respond

Last edited:
Has anyone heard about acceptances from the alternate list from previous years?