****The Official New York University Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

I interviewed on 2/13 and got my waitlist letter in the (snail) mail today :(
I interviewed on 2/13 also, but still haven't received any response...I'm hoping it didn't get lost in the mail! Anyone else from Feb interview hear back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on 2/10 , but haven't received any email or snail mail.
I dont know how long I should wait for the result :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the next batch of interviews are going out, I heard they accept up until orientation.

I interviewed on Feb 10th, and got waitlist letter in snail mail today. So sad :(

Does anyone know how NYU handles their waitlist?? Is it ranked, or do they review everyone's application again??

Does anyone know how NYU handles their waitlist?? Is it ranked, or do they review everyone's application again??

Nah the waitlist is not ranked..my guess is they review the applications again.

Nah the waitlist is not ranked..my guess is they review the applications again.

Yup, they review the waitlist applications again before making their final decision. It's not ranked.

Members don't see this ad :)
any updates you guys? still haven't heard anything yet.

I called a few times over the past few weeks. I wasn't able to get a hold of Dr. Mejia, but other people in the office who picked up said she was "swamped" with work. I can only assume that internally, they are reviewing candidates to take off the wait list.

I called a few times over the past few weeks. I wasn't able to get a hold of Dr. Mejia, but other people in the office who picked up said she was "swamped" with work. I can only assume that internally, they are reviewing candidates to take off the wait list.

Ohh okay. We should be hearing back in two weeks or so I assume..this wait is really getting to me now :scared:

just got an acceptance email today!!! cant wait!!! :soexcited: has anyone started looking for housing?

no i wasnt, but i applied pretty late and didnt interview until the beginning of march

just got an acceptance email today!!! cant wait!!! :soexcited: has anyone started looking for housing?

join the fb group - lots of females-looking-for-females are posting about D3/D4 students that are leaving. as for us dudes, we will start the hunt between next month and end of june. don't worry about the late-is acceptance, its still veryyyy early to even look for housing lol.

on the NYU intranet, people can post vacant rooms but nobody has yet.

Congrats, mkibira! Which day in March did you interview???

mkibria1, Im actually looking for apartments in the brooklyn area. The apartments in brooklyn can be less than half the price of the apartments near NYU. And the commute isnt bad at all from brooklyn, depending on where you live, it can be anywhere from 10 to 40 min.

Hi everyone and welcome to NYUCD!

I'm a D4 student and have a converted two bedroom apartment available for sublet for June and July. It's located at 20th street and Ave C, fully furnished, and the rent is $2900. After July you can put the lease under your name and stay longer.

Please message me if you're interested.

Yayy!! Congratulations to everyone who got in!! For those who did when did you apply in the cycle?

Anyone know if they started moving the waitlist?

I don't think so. It's supposed to though, for the second deposits were due first week of April I don't know whats going on this year.

Waitlist has moved. Just got an e-mail! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
Hope you all get good news soon!!!

I withdrew my my application from the waitlist today. GL to everyone who's still waiting!

Thank you, SLYgUy2098, and you're welcome!

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for the class of 2016?

Edit: Never mind, had trouble finding it for some reason

Last edited:
Just got accepted today via e-mail!! Wait list is definitely moving. Looks like I'll be joining all of you this August :)

Congrats!!! I'm happy this finally worked for you :)

Thank you! I hope the wait list continues to move for the rest of the gang on the NYU wait list thread, so they can also attend NYUCD. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Congrats to everyone! It feels like yesterday that I was going through the same thing...But now I am graduated! 4 yrs will go by pretty quick. NYU will give you a pretty good clinical experience for the most part. Better then any Canadian school and better then most American schools imo when comparing through conversation.

If there is anyone interested in buying preclinical supplies from me hit me up, I have a TON of extra teeth for typodonts/dentoforms that you will be needing when you start operative in the benchlabs. The Henry Shein store in the basement charges you ~$2.25 per tooth if I remember correctly. The school doesn't provide you with enough teeth you will have to buy more of your own as you practice. The good news is that you can exchange virgin teeth for others that you need without charge, so in essence it doesn't matter which teeth you have as long as they are new and unused.

I also have extra typodonts, but you likely won't need extras of these unless you break one or lose one.