*** The Official Nova Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I interviewed here last week and Dr. Lippman told our group that he was keeping about 25/30 seats open for January interviewers and we are to hear back regarding their decision at the end of January/beginning of February.

Members don't see this ad.

Have not posted for a while, but if any of you guys really like going to Nova, then don't give up. I heard from Devaria that only 50% of seats are filled. Dr. Lippman will make calls until July. My best advice to try to update your academic progress, they want to see people on the waitlist making improvements e.g. higher GPA or DAT. For those who are on the wait list and had an acceptance already, if you think Nova is a better choice, then call Ms. Zarret (?) and tell her you have already received an acceptance but really want to go to Nova. It may take several attempts before she picks up the phone because she manages a lot of programs. Hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed here last week and Dr. Lippman told our group that he was keeping about 25/30 seats open for January interviewers and we are to hear back regarding their decision at the end of January/beginning of February.

How come all the December interviewees are saying they were put on 'High-Hold Waitlist''? It feels like if they are on waitlist, then January interviewers are even further down the chain.

How many people interview on a given day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed at NOVA December 11th and received a "high hold" letter today dated 9th of jan. So bummed about this... Really hope I hear good news b4 February 3rd so I can save my $2k deposit at LECOM.

And it sounds as if no one from December interviews got in, I wonder if they are putting us on hold to keep their options open :/

How come all the December interviewees are saying they were put on 'High-Hold Waitlist''? It feels like if they are on waitlist, then January interviewers are even further down the chain.

How many people interview on a given day?

And it sounds as if no one from December interviews got in, I wonder if they are putting us on hold to keep their options open :/

Honestly, from the way Dr. Lippman spoke, it seems that they always reserve a certain amount of seats for those that interview later in the cycle. There is an interview on SDN somewhere where he says that in previous years they noticed that they filled their seats super early but saw so many great applications come through later in the cycle, but by then they had no seats open for said applicants. So, for that reason, they'll keep a certain number of seats open in case they see something they like later. Also during our interview last week, he told us that he will never interview for his wait-list, so if you have an upcoming interview in the remaining weeks of January, you are still interviewing for an actual seat.

Dakota- there were supposed to be 5
other people interviewing with me but one didn't show up. The groups are smaller now.

Interviewed mid December. Waitlisted.
---------just received a letter saying I am on "high hold" list.
I started wondering if all waitlisted applicants are on the high hold list.

Last edited:
Another mid-Dec interviewee and waitlister here. What is going on.. did everyone from Dec get wailisted?

Also, this means that we can't possibly be rejected once we're waitlisted right? I don't want to get a letter in the mail next month saying that they changed their mind on me and wish me luck with my future lol

I interviewed in November and haven't heard anything back at all. Not that it matters at this point, but I feel like I wasted my time and money on this school

Interviewed first week of December and just received a letter ... I'm on a high-hold wait list when this game will be over ???

I also just got the High-Hold letter. December interview.

Hey guys I talked to Dr. Lippman last week. Acceptances were sent out 2 days ago. No notifications via adea were made. I was on wait list and was persistent with calls. I was made an offer on the spot over the phone when I was inquiring about my wait list position. I have yet to receive my offer packet, but it should be arriving today or tomorrow.

I can officially say that I will be apart of the 2018 class! Woot woot!

Congrats! Just curious, what exactly did you say when you called?

For those that got accepted, looking forward to meeting all of you soon! For everyone else, don't give up hope. I know someone who heard in March from them about being accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that got accepted, looking forward to meeting all of you soon! For everyone else, don't give up hope. I know someone who heard in March from them about being accepted.

Did u get acceptance todat?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anybody had information about their interview that they would like to share. Specifically, how it was? What kind of questions are asked? I remember going to an interview at a school, and I was asked a bunch of ethical type questions. Are the questions more about us or ethical? I wanted to prepare for the interview, but i just didn't know how.

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anybody had information about their interview that they would like to share. Specifically, how it was? What kind of questions are asked? I remember going to an interview at a school, and I was asked a bunch of ethical type questions. Are the questions more about us or ethical? I wanted to prepare for the interview, but i just didn't know how.

Conversational interview talking about yourself most of the time.. it was really relaxed and there was no pressure at all. Reading through the SDN interview feedback was really helpful. It should be similar to those questions.

anyone interviewed in December got accepted ? or all of you are wait listed ?

Hey guys I talked to Dr. Lippman last week. Acceptances were sent out 2 days ago. No notifications via adea were made. I was on wait list and was persistent with calls. I was made an offer on the spot over the phone when I was inquiring about my wait list position. I have yet to receive my offer packet, but it should be arriving today or tomorrow.

Hey Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, would you be able to post his number here or message me? Thanks :) I've been on Waitlist for a while and I want to see my options :) Thanks!

Hey Congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, would you be able to post his number here or message me? Thanks :) I've been on Waitlist for a while and I want to see my options :) Thanks!
What I did that ended up with me on the phone with him was sending an email talking about all the new updates and things Ive been doing to better my application. Then a couple days later I called the admissions and asked if what I emailed to him was added to my file. After a long time on hold they connected me to him and I asked him about my email and some other questions I had.

Last edited:
Anyone who interview here in January, hear back? When should we call?

Have not posted for a while, but if any of you guys really like going to Nova, then don't give up. I heard from Devaria that only 50% of seats are filled. Dr. Lippman will make calls until July. My best advice to try to update your academic progress, they want to see people on the waitlist making improvements e.g. higher GPA or DAT. For those who are on the wait list and had an acceptance already, if you think Nova is a better choice, then call Ms. Zarret (?) and tell her you have already received an acceptance but really want to go to Nova. It may take several attempts before she picks up the phone because she manages a lot of programs. Hope that helps.
how do we contact Ms. Zarret? do you happen to have her contacts?

how do we contact Ms. Zarret? do you happen to have her contacts?
Call the admissions regular phone number and ask for her. You could also do what I did above in my previous post and send an application update email to Zarrett then call a few days later to see if she received it and theyll connect you to her.

Hey Congrats!!

I basically reiterated why I wanted to go to nova. I gave specific reasons which make me a strong candidate for the program apart from my academics. I also determined when rounds of acceptances were going to be submitted. I called the week before, the day before, and the day after if I didn't hear back. That way my name was fresh on his mind vs. the other hundred wait listed applicants. Be sincere abut why you want to be at nova. Show them that you are here to fulfill their mission statement and beyond. Good luck and let me know if you want my letter of intent etc.

O make sure you email on those days as well so that they have record of your contact. Academic updates and planned activities related to dentistry are things you can add on the email along with a letter of intent.

does anyone know how waitlisted tend to be? will they accept a lot of waitlisted at the end ?

Does Nova have a normal waiting list in which everyone is assigned a number and then first-come-first-served? Or is it just another pool of applicants that they go back and re-evaluate whenever a spot opens up?

Does Nova have a normal waiting list in which everyone is assigned a number and then first-come-first-served? Or is it just another pool of applicants that they go back and re-evaluate whenever a spot opens up?
It's more along the lines of the 2nd way. It's not an ordered waiting list.

It's more along the lines of the 2nd way. It's not an ordered waiting list.

Oh GREAT. JUST FANTASTIC. ugh. So if I was waitlisted in early January from a mid-Dec interview, what are the chances that I will get off of this pseudo-waiting list?

Oh GREAT. JUST FANTASTIC. ugh. So if I was waitlisted in early January from a mid-Dec interview, what are the chances that I will get off of this pseudo-waiting list?

You should take the advice posted somewhere in this thread to call a lot, and express your interest in the school. And best-case scenario you can talk to the dean, Dr. Lippman, directly and express your interest.

Also, in your case... it's an advantage that the waiting list is this way, as I know many of pre-December interviewees were waitlisted in December, but they are not necessarily given priority over you. Just call and make it known you want to go there, and it's an advantage for you

does anyone have a breakdown of the costs for D1 year at Nova?

I read on another thread that the committee meets every wednesday and hands out acceptances only on wed, thursday, and friday. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Did anybody receive an acceptance on monday or tuesday?

Hey! Congrats on your acceptance! I was just wondering what phone number you were calling? I called the other day and talked to someone random that did not give me any information and I'm pretty sure wasn't related to the Dental School at all.

I basically reiterated why I wanted to go to nova. I gave specific reasons which make me a strong candidate for the program apart from my academics. I also determined when rounds of acceptances were going to be submitted. I called the week before, the day before, and the day after if I didn't hear back. That way my name was fresh on his mind vs. the other hundred wait listed applicants. Be sincere abut why you want to be at nova. Show them that you are here to fulfill their mission statement and beyond. Good luck and let me know if you want my letter of intent etc.

O make sure you email on those days as well so that they have record of your contact. Academic updates and planned activities related to dentistry are things you can add on the email along with a letter of intent.

hey what is letter of intent?

Hey! Congrats on your acceptance! I was just wondering what phone number you were calling? I called the other day and talked to someone random that did not give me any information and I'm pretty sure wasn't related to the Dental School at all.

I don't want to blow Dr. Lippmans office up with SDN members so I won't be posting it on here. Instead I'll send it to you through a private message.

hey what is letter of intent?

You can search it online or on another SDN thread, but essentially the letter describes specifically why you desire to attend the school and what you can provide to the incoming class. This takes a bit of contemplation and organization. You can find samples online. Good luck!

I read on another thread that the committee meets every wednesday and hands out acceptances only on wed, thursday, and friday. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Did anybody receive an acceptance on monday or tuesday?

This is possible since after feb applicants only have 2 weeks to make a decision.

I just called admissions and eventually talked to Dr. Lippman. It's a bit of a wait but he's always willing to answer your questions.

I just called admissions and eventually talked to Dr. Lippman. It's a bit of a wait but he's always willing to answer your questions.
Really! I didn't know he works also on Sundays.. Did he say when the next round of acceptance will be sent out?

Hah. I meant I just called the number for admissions and not a direct number. I didn't mean I just spoke to him or anything. This was awhile back. Also, he did not say anything about the next round of admissions.

You can search it online or on another SDN thread, but essentially the letter describes specifically why you desire to attend the school and what you can provide to the incoming class. This takes a bit of contemplation and organization. You can find samples online. Good luck!
oh ok thanks!! would you mind PM-ing me his number also? I really want to get into nova and off this waitlist!!!!

Being persistent in calling the school once every week or 2 is good but what do you say when you call? I already gave them all my updates and I cant think of anything else that would be good to say.

Side note: everyone waitlisted is on the "high hold" alternate list. There is no such thing as low hold list or anything like that.

Dr. Lippman told me they would be reviewing their acceptance list again on the 7th

Hey guys! Congrats on all of your achievements and always keep the faith to those who are still waiting to hear back. I have a question for you bright SDNers - has Nova cleared up problems that were really affecting students in clinic? I've heard and read on here about clinic problems in previous years. Also, do you think Nova offers a better program than BU? Thank you for all of your help and valuable information!