*** The Official Nova Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

i interviewed pre-december(1st week of october) and I got in from the waitlist last week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i interviewed pre-december(1st week of october) and I got in from the waitlist last week.

congrats!! have you been showing interest? i also interviewed back in oct and got waitlisted but still waiting to get accepted off the waitlist :(

Last edited:

congrats I interviewed early September...have showed a lot of interest and still haven't gotten the call.. I'm really sweating it everyday this is my only shot..I thought calls were going to go out this week after Feb 2nd deposits but haven't heard anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, interviewed at the end of October and still waiting. Showed interest.

congrats!! have you been showing interest? i also interviewed back in oct and got waitlisted but still waiting to get accepted off the waitlist :(
that's a good question! How often did you call and what else you done in order from waitlist to be accepted? Please share

Thank you. I honestly didnt really show interest because Nova was not my number one choice. I think I called once(during the 1st week of dec.) and left a voicemail saying that I am still interested in nova. I got about a week left to decide whether I want to go here or not since the deposit is due on the 13th. My top choice was Penn but I highly doubt that I am going to get in by the 13th so i am most likely to join Nova. Also I am OOS, so my parents are tired of seeing snow so they kinda want me to go here.. i just woke up and its 18 degrees outside... when nova is probably like 70ish...

This is my personal opinion but I dont think calling or emailing every week or 2 weeks is a good idea. this is certainly not the factor that decides who gets in and who doesnt get in. If u call too often i feel like they are just really annoyed.. this is another reason why I only called once. Honestly at this point everyone is the same. We all got similar gpa, dat, shadowing experiences and whatever.. I think its totally random and pure luck.

waitlisted..
i just checked Aadsas website and my status changed to waitlist.
i interviewed two weeks ago.
does anyone got rejected after interview? cuz i interviewed two schools and both waitlisted. i'm wondering if they actually reject ppl after the interview or put on waitlist

I checked aadsas and was wait listed as well :( But I called general admissions and when they pulled up my account, it says the decision is still pending... wt... I'm so confused at this point and I haven't received a call or letter yet.

I checked aadsas and was wait listed as well :( But I called general admissions and when they pulled up my account, it says the decision is still pending... wt... I'm so confused at this point and I haven't received a call or letter yet.
when was ur intervew?

so those that have had their interviews only in January have all gotten waitlisted? and those that were waitlisted before January were all accepted? has anyone that interviewed in January been accepted?

so those that have had their interviews only in January have all gotten waitlisted? and those that were waitlisted before January were all accepted? has anyone that interviewed in January been accepted?
No, I interviewed pre-dec and im still on high hold waitlist

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

I interviewed late January and was accepted

Did anyone get accepted that did not interview with Dr. Lippman or the other main male interviewer?

Last edited:
oh wow! just got a "High Hold" letter from Nova! and the date of the letter is a week before my interview date!!! so what's the point of interview?!!!

WTH.

sounds like they just filled their class..

they are still interviewing though!! and as I remember on my interview day Dr. Lippman told us they're not interviewing for the waitlist (yeah right!!!)

maybe take his words with grain of salt.
or anyone's word with a grain of salt..

Hey guys, I just got off the phone with someone from general admissions who was able to talk to Norma and get some info about some questions I had about the wait list and what not. There are still couple seats left! They are right in that they still continue to conduct interviews until end of February for DMD seats. I don't know how many are left though.. Another thing, when Feb 15 rolls around, there might be some seats opening up as some people forgo paying the acceptance fee or they choose to withdraw their acceptance from NOVA. She told me its not unusual to see acceptances a couple of days before classes start too. Don't lose hope guys! I'm in it with you guys with anxiety and all! :xf:

Hey guys, I just got off the phone with someone from general admissions who was able to talk to Norma and get some info about some questions I had about the wait list and what not. There are still couple seats left! They are right in that they still continue to conduct interviews until end of February for DMD seats. I don't know how many are left though.. Another thing, when Feb 15 rolls around, there might be some seats opening up as some people forgo paying the acceptance fee or they choose to withdraw their acceptance from NOVA. She told me its not unusual to see acceptances a couple of days before classes start too. Don't lose hope guys! I'm in it with you guys with anxiety and all! :xf:

Thanks for providing info, I guess if we're still waiting to hear, we are still in the game. Keep positive everyone, things will work out for the best

Its all BS so ppl wait and not bother them with doing what tgey want to do. dr.Lipman and all others there repeating the same thing to sounds nice as an admission but honestly out of 200 waitlisted only 2 seat in best case scenario will be distributed ........ How lucky person must be ??? If only 1% u got !!! I am very positive and not easy give up persons but this tine i give up.

Its all BS so ppl wait and not bother them with doing what tgey want to do. dr.Lipman and all others there repeating the same thing to sounds nice as an admission but honestly out of 200 waitlisted only 2 seat in best case scenario will be distributed ........ How lucky person must be ??? If only 1% u got !!! I am very positive and not easy give up persons but this tine i give up.

I agree with you, but personally I have witnessed at least 4 friends get off the wait list. I think it's all luck and having the patience to stick around. Don't lose hope anyone...

My friend was taken off waitlist the day classes started last year at Nova. I still have hope until classes should start. :)

I called them today and talked to Dr Zarret, she said there are no seats available as of right now. There might be some seats opening up next week.

My friend was taken off waitlist the day classes started last year at Nova. I still have hope until classes should start. :)

lol, it might be his luckiest day, but at the same time, it could be very stressful to arrange everything from paperwork, moving, taking care of bills, etc, etc in that short notice.
Either way, acceptance is acceptance. I'd much rather get in like that than to wait :)

lol, it might be his luckiest day, but at the same time, it could be very stressful to arrange everything from paperwork, moving, taking care of bills, etc, etc in that short notice.
Either way, acceptance is acceptance. I'd much rather get in like that than to wait :)
She lived close to Nova so it wasn't much of a problem. But yes I would take that anyday rather than waiting another cycle.

For those of u who got in.. Where r u guys planning on living? Which apartments are u guys looking for?

For those of u who got in.. Where r u guys planning on living? Which apartments are u guys looking for?

hey! im trying to live close to campus but I haven't really looked into what options I have. what are you planning on doing?

hey! im trying to live close to campus but I haven't really looked into what options I have. what are you planning on doing?
I was looking into some places but i just wanted to know what everyone elses doing. Cuz i still have no clue... I really hope that i can actually go down and see but i dont even know if its worth a trip. Im trying to stay as close as possible. Whats ur plan?

I was looking into some places but i just wanted to know what everyone elses doing. Cuz i still have no clue... I really hope that i can actually go down and see but i dont even know if its worth a trip. Im trying to stay as close as possible. Whats ur plan?

Sundance and Centro apartments are literally right next door to the dental school. There are also the Royal grand apartments that are on the other side of Sundance apartments.

Last edited:
Signature at Davie has really nice apartments and townhouses. They're a 5 min drive or 10/15 minute bike ride.

Is it just me or is this admissions process is still freaking me out day by day. Can they really have their class for next year already from now??

Is it just me or is this admissions process is still freaking me out day by day. Can they really have their class for next year already from now??

Late January acceptances might still have some time to decide to whether or not to put their deposits down, so seats might still open up. Also, there will probably be a small number of people who will forfeit their deposit and decide to attend another school between now and when school starts. That being said, the number of seats that open up will probably be few and far between and there are probably hundreds of people on the wait list so chances aren't very good at this point.

Reality hits I guess. Time to look for a job at publix with my Biology degree. Good luck to everyone but still keep hopes high!

Reality hits I guess. Time to look for a job at publix with my Biology degree. Good luck to everyone but still keep hopes high!
Believe me, your not the only one that is frustrated and losing hope in this admissions office at Nova. I interviewed pre-dec as well and have been wait-listed. I have called a few times and they give you a different answer every time. I have spoken to a staff members and they say different things about seats being available. I don't think they're allowed to tell us but there is definitely a ranked list for people on the waiting list and we are obviously not on top of that list. People have interviewed after me that were placed on a waiting list have recently posted that they got an acceptance like 2 weeks or so ago. So obviously there is a list but they don't want to tell us. Why else would we not get a call for acceptance if we interviewed before them and were wait listed as they were? I have showed great amount of interest and continue to check on my status but nothing has changed. I was in love with this school but during this process and the lies from different staff members, I'm starting to dislike this school more and more everyday. Have faith in GOD and he will guide us

Reactions: 1 users
I'm going to be dropping my spot very soon, and hopefully it'll go to one of y'all!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone,
I met Dr. Lippman last week, and he said there will be about 20+ seats open in early April, he predicted. He told me that there is nothing we can do at this point beside seat tight and have faith.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe I'm ranting, but schools like this are extremely annoying in the fact they seem to interview a ton of students and put a ton of those that interviewed on a waitlist, all the while they continue to interview. I really wish schools would beore selective in their interview selection so that if you are selected for an interview, you have a great shot at gaining an acceptance (ie UCLA, Maryland, and other schools).

Maybe I'm ranting, but schools like this are extremely annoying in the fact they seem to interview a ton of students and put a ton of those that interviewed on a waitlist, all the while they continue to interview. I really wish schools would beore selective in their interview selection so that if you are selected for an interview, you have a great shot at gaining an acceptance (ie UCLA, Maryland, and other schools).

Thing is, a person is so much more than someone on a piece of paper. You cant really know them unless you've met them. I'd rather get interviewed then waitlisted any day than quiet schools.

Thing is, a person is so much more than someone on a piece of paper. You cant really know them unless you've met them. I'd rather get interviewed then waitlisted any day than quiet schools.

I agree, and I'm not trying to devalue the importance of an interview, but it sure seems like Nova is interviewing a ton of applicants. When I interview, I would like to do so knowing that I have at least a 30-40% chance of gaining an acceptance. I don't think I've seen a single person that was waitlisted on Dec. 1 get accepted. Maybe there are people that have been accepted that just don't use SDN.