*** The Official Nova Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Did anyone hear anything? I have been calling to ask about my status and they can't really provide any status update. I have been wait listed and I just can't take it any more.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone hear anything? I have been calling to ask about my status and they can't really provide any status update. I have been wait listed and I just can't take it any more.
I'm there with you, I called the admissions office twice and they just told me I am waitlisted. Im calling Dr. Lippman monday to check with him and hopefully gives me more input. Hate to be waitlisted during xmas!!!! Kinda annoying

During the interview Dr. Lippman said he will be calling everyone that is going to be accepted. Also, no call will be made till January 5 because he will be out of town or something like that if I remember correctly. So we will have to wait and see

Members don't see this ad :)
During the interview Dr. Lippman said he will be calling everyone that is going to be accepted. Also, no call will be made till January 5 because he will be out of town or something like that if I remember correctly. So we will have to wait and see
So till Jan 5th spots can be opening up and they can just accept everyone then ya think? Then who do you all call if he's out of town? office of admissions doesn't know anything about our status other then what we know already

what is dr lippman's email address? I have been looking for it.

There are a lot of people here saying they are writing letters. Just curious what kind of letters everyone is writing? I went with a letter of intent or interest back when I was applying.

I think those are just thank you letters.

Reactions: 1 user
i need dr lippman's phone number. can anyone provide it? pleaseeee

Gotcha. I was thinking they were letters of intent. That is odd I haven't heard of many people doing that.

It's not a requirement and I dont think they expect interviewees to do it.

I do it because it's courtesy. For everything.

anyone have any suggestion on where to stay? I would like a place that is affordable and not too nasty. I had bad experience in detroit and it traumatized me a little.
Does the airport in fort lauderdale have rental car available? how much do they usually charge for a day?

Hey I stayed at the Sheraton in University drive st. It was really cheap like $70 idk if it was during that time only. I got a nice suite and free parking. U can def rent a car at the airport. Because I'm under someone else's insurance policy I bought the insurance they offer there, that's why my car costed me more than the hotel. Good luck and let me know if u have any questions

Hey I stayed at the Sheraton in University drive st. It was really cheap like $70 idk if it was during that time only. I got a nice suite and free parking. U can def rent a car at the airport. Because I'm under someone else's insurance policy I bought the insurance they offer there, that's why my car costed me more than the hotel. Good luck and let me know if u have any questions
Cool thanks.
I will let you know if more questions pop up in my head

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone's status change from Dec interviews to anything other than "invited for interview"?

Anyone know how the committee decides? Do you think your interview is really the deciding factor or do you think they look more into stats when they rank you?

Out of my 5 interviews thus far, I think Nova went the best, or maybe 2nd best, yet I was placed on the wait list.

Are they supposed to be notifying second batch tomorrow?

nope, been refreshing my mobile app haha

When I interviewed about a month ago, dr. lippman said he would be making calls today. But my interviewer, dr. keller said we wouldn't be notified 'til maybe mid Jan. :confused:

Has anyone heard anything new yet? Are they calling today, it seems like they are not calling today.

Even my addsas says "invited for interview" still. I'm gunna call and be like... Yea it says invited for interview... When should I show up for it again? Lol

Reactions: 1 users
So you guys think they called today and just no one wrote on sdn? Cuz 68 people are on the fb group which leaves like 40 seats and he saves like ten seats for jan interview right? So what are the odds those 30 people are on here? Lol

So you guys think they called today and just no one wrote on sdn? Cuz 68 people are on the fb group which leaves like 40 seats and he saves like ten seats for jan interview right? So what are the odds those 30 people are on here? Lol

I don't think so Bc I have been waitlisted since Dec 1 and my status of "wait listed" has not changed. I was told January 5th was the next wave of acceptances, but as others have stated on here they haven't heard anything today as well. So keeping fingers crossed.

I interviewed on Nov 21st and I haven't heard anything yet. We were told that we would hear back this week, so keep your fingers crossed. I'll bet that we'll be hearing from the admissions office soon.

I don't think so Bc I have been waitlisted since Dec 1 and my status of "wait listed" has not changed. I was told January 5th was the next wave of acceptances, but as others have stated on here they haven't heard anything today as well. So keeping fingers crossed.
I am on the exact same boat as you, im probably gonna call nova admissions tonight just to stay updated and have them confirm me being wait listed..seems like they wont call starting after jan 5th. Looks like we will all be called from the sound of the 40 available seats

did anyone hear anything yet? I have been calling but they say no status change.

So someone I know heard from nova yesterday. Sorry to say.

Accepted by phone

I was accepted by phone yesterday as well. I was waitlisted.

Last edited:
no :( .....i guess this is it for me
Naw, just wait, we got sooo much time. Just be patient, this is my top school so I still think we'll get the call, list has to move quick.

:soexcited: My boyfriend and I got the acceptance call yesterday and today!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Great congratulation you guys. I am happy for you.