*** The Official Nova Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

So I got my call this morning, and offer made on AADSAS, but I haven't received an email or snail mail. I don't know whats going on with this, but has anyone had a similar experience?
Where do you live? I live about 2 hours from nova and got my acceptance letter the day after thanksgiving and then got a call from lippman this morning, but to my knowledge I have not received an email yet

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Where do you live? I live about 2 hours from nova and got my acceptance letter the day after thanksgiving and then got a call from lippman this morning, but to my knowledge I have not received an email yet

I'm in Orlando, so I would imagine the letter would have arrived by now. I guess I'll call tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted on 12/1/15 (notified via AADSAS portal). If any future applicants come back to reference this thread:

Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/15 (2nd batch)
Supplemental complete date: 7/27/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.43 (with formal post-bacc included)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/21/no
Approx. Shadowing Hours: 204 (36 hours being of a specialty, everything else was from 5 different general dentists)
Approx. Volunteer Hours (dental+non-dental related): 328
Approx. Research Hours: 608 (psychology research assistant)

First of all, congratulations to all who got into NOVA!
To those who got accepted, any advice for interview?
I know it's laid back but I really want to put my best effort. Since English is not my native language I just want to prepare it really well.
Anyone willing to help me ..?

I know it's laid back but I really want to put my best effort. Since English is not my native language I just want to prepare it really well.

I got accepted and the best advice I could give is to be yourself. My interview was probably 30 minutes long and we only talked about dentistry for probably 10. The rest of the time we were just talking about my other interests! Super laid back and fun interview. Make sure to enjoy the weather, the campus is BEAUTIFUL!

I got accepted and the best advice I could give is to be yourself. My interview was probably 30 minutes long and we only talked about dentistry for probably 10. The rest of the time we were just talking about my other interests! Super laid back and fun interview. Make sure to enjoy the weather, the campus is BEAUTIFUL!
Thank you so much! This might be my last chance so I will try to stay positive and enjoy FL weather as well.
Hopefully miracles happen. :angelic: And congrats again on your acceptance!

Yeah seriously, just be friendly and bubbly and talk about what you're interested in. They just want to make sure you're not totally socially awkward. I don't even think dentistry was brought up one tiem in my interview. We talked about how myself and my interviewer's son do crossfit. Super laid back.

Got the waitlist letter in the mail.. It says I'm placed on "High hold" did everyone receive that? Or do some just say "hold"

Reactions: 3 users
I have been here for 5 years, so English is my second language. I got accepted the date after Thanksgiving and got a call from Dr. Lippman. I got the interview with Dr. Lippman, and it was great. The only question he asked me that related to dentistry was why I want to be a dentist? My interview was all about cooking, beach, my family...it's more like a conversation than an interview. Gook luck with your interview. Be yourself!

Reactions: 1 users
is it just me or does Nova give out of a lot of interviews, i feel like being pre december wait listed doesn't mean much movement based off the old threads, they take people who are interviewd in febuary and january a week later

Got the waitlist letter in the mail.. It says I'm placed on "High hold" did everyone receive that? Or do some just say "hold"
I also received a letter that said I am a "high hold" candidate...also wondering the same thing

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been accepted but will be declining my offer. I hope one of y'all benefit from it.

Reactions: 2 users
Is nova anyone else's top choice? Or is it just me?

Is nova anyone else's top choice? Or is it just me?

It's one of my tops! Can I ask why it's one of yours? Trying to find out as much info about it as i can

It's one of my tops! Can I ask why it's one of yours? Trying to find out as much info about it as i can

I loved the school when I interviewed there. The faculty was extremely nice and the students all seemed happy. It seems like it always gets a bad rep for its clinic but from everyone that I spoke to it is not a problem anymore. I was also told that the sim lab would be brand new when the new class enters. Specializing at this school also sounded like something that is very doable. And you can't beat the weather of course! All in all I can really see myself there for the next 4 years, even if there are those who run the school down.

Reactions: 3 users
I loved the school when I interviewed there. The faculty was extremely nice and the students all seemed happy. It seems like it always gets a bad rep for its clinic but from everyone that I spoke to it is not a problem anymore. I was also told that the sim lab would be brand new when the new class enters. Specializing at this school also sounded like something that is very doable. And you can't beat the weather of course! All in all I can really see myself there for the next 4 years, even if there are those who run the school down.

I couldn't agree more :)

Atom couldn't have said it better

I got high hold.....i guess thats a good thing...i heard its better than regular wait list

"At this time, all acceptance letters have been sent, and I am waiting for response from the accepted applicants. As a high hold candidate your name will be added to a list for consideration if seats become available at the College of Dental MEdicine

So my aadsas says I got waitlisted and I haven't received any mail or email....should I be worried?

Reactions: 1 users
Im just curious.... if people are getting waitlisted now, then does that mean that post Dec interviews (in January) are auto waitlist as well? Or does that mean those people in Jan have priority over waitlisted applicants if theyre good enough?

I got my High Hold waitlist letter as well.
All waitlisted get this High Hold?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone interviewing in January?

Anyone accepted hear anything about scholarships?

Some news: I called today and the next round of acceptances will be beginning of January, around the 5th to be exact. Good luck, I'm hoping for an acceptance here.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the high hold letter. I wonder when they will tell us wait listers if we're accepted in January

I got the same letter. So I'm guessing everyone is on the high hold list and no one got rejected after the interview?

Some news: I called today and the next round of acceptances will be beginning of January, around the 5th to be exact. Good luck, I'm hoping for an acceptance here.
good luck to you too! if you don't mind me asking, did you call the Admission's office or zarrett?

regular waitlist + high hold waitlist = waitlist

Has anyone received any scholarships? Or have an idea if they offer and when/how?