*** The Official Nova Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Does anyone mind telling me the stats NOVA looks for? Like DAT average, GPA and such

Does anyone mind telling me the stats NOVA looks for? Like DAT average, GPA and such
According to the 2015 ADEA guide, the average enrollee stats are: 20 AA, 20 PAT, 21 TS and 3.63 sGPA, 3.67 cGPA

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview (I'm OOS, too) and here's how things break down for me:

Non-traditional applicant with 5 years working in business.
Original degree (2009) was Economics with a 3.0 GPA. Took the pre-req's over the past year (2 sem O-chem, 2 sem Gen Chem, 2 sem Bio, Biochem, etc.) and got a 4.0 GPA on all of them, which pulled my overall GPA up to a 3.2 (obviously, not great). Good volunteer hours and shadow hours, I founded my school's pre-dental club and serve as the president, I have been very involved with ASDA as a pre-dental... 21 AA, 21 PAT, 20 TS.

Long story short, they don't only look at GPA - if they did, my 3.2 overall wouldn't be competitive. It's a more encompassing review, I'd say.

Reactions: 1 users
I received an email that they received my application and to complete my secondary application AGAIN. Lol... I completed the secondary application on July 20... I wonder what this means... :p

"If you have already submitted your NSU Admissions Application, you can disregard this notice."

"If you have already submitted your NSU Admissions Application, you can disregard this notice."
I know... But I wonder if others received the same plus it was a mind game! Lol... :laugh: I was checking my email and to see Nova as sender was like whoa! and then booo... Lol!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Received an interview invited about an hour ago. Submitted supplemental on Friday.

I have 19 AA and 19 PAT and my science GPA is 3.03 and overall GPA is 3.43. I have over 500 hours of shadowing and worked as a dental assistant for over 1 year. Been president for 2 years and served on a National Council for an organization. Should I even apply here or is there no chance for me?

I have 19 AA and 19 PAT and my science GPA is 3.03 and overall GPA is 3.43. I have over 500 hours of shadowing and worked as a dental assistant for over 1 year. Been president for 2 years and served on a National Council for an organization. Should I even apply here or is there no chance for me?
The way I see it is: a few hundred dollars to apply and fill out the supplemental application for a chance to achieve your dream is worth it because the worst thing that can happen is that you don't get accepted and you loose those few hundred dollars, but if you don't try you will DEFINITELY not get accepted. Good luck!

Guys you are going to pay around 70,000 dollars every year for the next 4 years. And if you taking out a loan, that is before interest! 20 dollars here and there should be the least of your worries....

Guys you are going to pay around 70,000 dollars every year for the next 4 years. And if you taking out a loan, that is before interest! 20 dollars here and there should be the least of your worries....

Better to save now then never...

Members don't see this ad :)
First Interview! I got an app complete call yesterday and an interview the next day.

Notification date: 8/5/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/15
Application complete date: 8/4/5
GPA (science, overall) 3.86 sci, 3.83 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/24/24/none

Reactions: 1 user
First Interview!

Notification date: 8/5/15
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/15
Application complete date: 8/4/5
GPA (science, overall) 3.75 sci, 3.72 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/23/none

HPSP :)

First interview invite woohooo

Notification date: 7/31/15
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/24/15
Application complete date: 7/30/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.42 sci, 3.58 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/24/22/gen chem(16)

First interview invite! Scheduled for Nov 20
Notification date: 8/6/15
Residency: TX
GPA (science, overall) 3.57, 3.52
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/27/20

Hi guys i need your opinion. I have a reapplicant with a 3.5 gpa. I just took DAT and i got AA: 20, total science 21 ,PAT 22 ,but i got 17 in QR and reading. Will i be a competative applicant? By the way i have alot of volunteer hours. Thanks.

Hi guys i need your opinion. I have a reapplicant with a 3.5 gpa. I just took DAT and i got AA: 20, total science 21 ,PAT 22 ,but i got 17 in QR and reading. Will i be a competative applicant? By the way i have alot of volunteer hours. Thanks.

How is your shadowing? From the interview below (8 years ago so stuff might have changed), it seems like Nova looks pretty heavily on science background and experience in the dental field. Your AA and TS are along the average score but your PAT is above average. Your GPA is also below average but it can be offset with a great PS and dental experience (shadowing and such).
http://www.studentdoctor.net/2007/08/dental-school-admissions-an-interview-with-hal-lippman-dds/

How is your shadowing? From the interview below (8 years ago so stuff might have changed), it seems like Nova looks pretty heavily on science background and experience in the dental field. Your AA and TS are along the average score but your PAT is above average. Your GPA is also below average but it can be offset with a great PS and dental experience (shadowing and such).
http://www.studentdoctor.net/2007/08/dental-school-admissions-an-interview-with-hal-lippman-dds/
I have close to 1800 hours of shadowing.

I have close to 1800 hours of shadowing.
I'm not adcoms but I would think you have a good chance. Lots of shadowing and volunteering will make you stand out. Just make sure your ps is great and grammatically correct.

So my interview is on the 21st of Oct. and my flight leaves the same evening at 7:10. On the email it says that the interview will be done at 5pm. Should I still be good?

No you will be fine i was in the same situation last year and i was even about an hour earlier.

So my interview is on the 21st of Oct. and my flight leaves the same evening at 7:10. On the email it says that the interview will be done at 5pm. Should I still be good?
Sorry i was talking and typing at the same time and i dont know what i was typing. Lol you are going to be ok

Got an invite today! November 18! Kinda late one but it's still awesome. I'm super excited

Got an invite today! November 18! Kinda late one but it's still awesome. I'm super excited

When did you get the phone call saying that your application got pushed onto the admissions committee?

The way I see it is: a few hundred dollars to apply and fill out the supplemental application for a chance to achieve your dream is worth it because the worst thing that can happen is that you don't get accepted and you loose those few hundred dollars, but if you don't try you will DEFINITELY not get accepted. Good luck!
Yeah but when Nova interviews over 700 students... maybe go with another school

Lines at FLL can be pretty long

Hi everyone I just got my interview invite today. Is it weird that the only available interview spots are all post December?

Hi everyone I just got my interview invite today. Is it weird that the only available interview spots are all post December?
I would say no because I got my invite two weeks ago and although there were interview dates available in September for me, I'm sure they've probably all filled.

I would say no because I got my invite two weeks ago and although there were interview dates available in September for me, I'm sure they've probably all filled.

Darn... This means I'm late in the process arnt I?

Does anyone know the post-dec interview acceptance rate for Nova?
My interview is on early December. (close to Dec 1st)
Do I have only slim chance? :'(

When did you get your "app under review" call? I got mine last week but haven't gotten an interview.. :(

When did you get your "app under review" call? I got mine last week but haven't gotten an interview.. :(

I got the call two days ago.. If they called you I'm sure they will get to you very soon!

G

Last edited:
Where are you guys planning to stay when you get there?

If I send my AADSAS app in this week it won't be verified by AADSAS for another 3-5 weeks; is that too late to be applying to NOVA?

I got a call last week that everything was complete and that I should expect to be hearing back from them this week. Still waiting :shrug:

I got a call last week that everything was complete and that I should expect to be hearing back from them this week. Still waiting :shrug:
same here since everyone is getting invite the next day :(