*** The Official Nova Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Just got my email yesterday!! Interview 10/30! :)
3.74 science, 3.81 overall
23 AA

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@fogorvostan it makes no sense, I didn't get an interview either w somewhat similar stats , but I was told and read they were on the lower as far as averages go... -__-

@fogorvostan it makes no sense, I didn't get an interview either w somewhat similar stats , but I was told and read they were on the lower as far as averages go... -__-
Yeah I was confused about the rejection, especially because I'm a Florida resident, but it is what it is unfortunately.

Best of luck to everyone else!

Rejection #1!

A little surprised, but it seems that NOVA is big on gpa.

22AA/24TS/18PAT/19QR/20RC/22BIO/27GC/24OC
3.38ogpa, 3.12sgpa

I found out via AADSAS portal, probably have a letter waiting at home.

Anyone who has already interviewed can you give a small breakdown of how the day went? I'm driving from Orlando so thinking about leaving at 7 and driving back after the interview at 5.

Anyone who has already interviewed can you give a small breakdown of how the day went? I'm driving from Orlando so thinking about leaving at 7 and driving back after the interview at 5.
check in at 11:45 am. you eat lunch with two student ambassadors at 12 pm. they give you a tour of the school at 12:30 pm. you meet with the dean and he talks to you about how they just really want to know you personally for the interview at 1 pm and the interviews start at 1:30 pm. they last until 5 though, calling people at random; so if u're called earlier, u may leave earlier. The interview was just asking the usual 4 basic questions (tell me bout urself, why dentistry, + and -) and it was basically a relaxed conversation after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview request and scheduled for 1/13. Then just got a phone call yesterday that they had an opening on Oct. 1st and wanted me to move my interview up so I said yeah! This happened to anyone? Wondering if its just a coincidence that they were able to move it up or if they wanted to interview me sooner for some reason?

AA- 21
OC- 21
GC- 21
Bio- 19
TS- 20
RC- 21
PA- 24

Total GPA - 3.69/ Sci- 3.57

Reactions: 1 user
Got an interview request and scheduled for 1/13. Then just got a phone call yesterday that they had an opening on Oct. 1st and wanted me to move my interview up so I said yeah! This happened to anyone? Wondering if its just a coincidence that they were able to move it up or if they wanted to interview me sooner for some reason?

AA- 21
OC- 21
GC- 21
Bio- 19
TS- 20
RC- 21
PA- 24

Yeah the same thing happened to me, so see you there next week!

AA- 21
OC- 21
GC- 21
Bio- 19
TS- 20
RC- 21
PA- 24

Are you IS?

My interview date got changed to December 2nd, anyone else interviewing that day?

AADSAS mailed out my app on 9/10 and I am yet to hear anything form NOVA. The school hasn't even showed up under decisions in portal. Since they interview so early, do I basically have no shot at this point? My GPAo and GPAs are 3.5 and 3.4

I kept changing my interview dates three times. Lol. I scheduled my original date was 01/21, then changed to 12/04. Finally I changed to 10/28 when I saw it's available. Hopefully the school didn't know I was jumping around.

I kept changing my interview dates three times. Lol. I scheduled my original date was 01/21, then changed to 12/04. Finally I changed to 10/28 when I saw it's available. Hopefully the school didn't know I was jumping around.
I did the same. At the least they'll probably realized you're very proactive. Lol

Interview changed again to October 9th!! Who's interviewing with me?

WHO WANTS TO GO YO DISNEY WORLD!?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know how many people they're interviewing per day?

Interviewing on September 30th. For those of you who already interviewed or are planning on interviewing soon, where did you guys stay the night before? Is there anywhere I can stay for cheap (maybe discount for students interviewing at NOVA)? Thanks!

Interviewing on September 30th. For those of you who already interviewed or are planning on interviewing soon, where did you guys stay the night before? Is there anywhere I can stay for cheap (maybe discount for students interviewing at NOVA)? Thanks!

Check on Nova's site, they have a list of hotels and their discounted rates. I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Davie St, they do have a shuttle to/from airport and to/from Nova, but be aware they only drop you off at the Horvitz building so you'll need to take a shuttle to get to the Terry building.

Reactions: 1 users

Holiday inn express had a nova rate!

Check on Nova's site, they have a list of hotels and their discounted rates. I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Davie St, they do have a shuttle to/from airport and to/from Nova, but be aware they only drop you off at the Horvitz building so you'll need to take a shuttle to get to the Terry building.
Thanks!! Do you know how much it cost per night on average? Also, what time does shuttle bus operate? I'm landing at the airport at midnight and I doubt there will be any shuttle available besides Taxi but I wanted to know how I can get to school from hotel In the morning. Thanks!

Well well well... Looks like I'll be meeting the scammer that scammed me out of a BootCamp subscription on Sept 30th as well. I'll be sure to be looking out for your b*tch ass.

Reactions: 12 users
Thanks!! Do you know how much it cost per night on average? Also, what time does shuttle bus operate? I'm landing at the airport at midnight and I doubt there will be any shuttle available besides Taxi but I wanted to know how I can get to school from hotel In the morning. Thanks!

Holiday Inn was $89 per night discounted I think. The shuttle runs every hour at :30, but I don't recall the hours. You can call them ahead of time to double check, but if they don't operate at those times you'll probably have to get a taxi/Uber.

Well well well... Looks like I'll be meeting the scammer that scammed me out of a BootCamp subscription on Sept 30th as well. I'll be sure to be looking out for your b*tch ass.
Well, that's embarrassing..

Subscribed. Hopefully you get your money back.

damnnnnnnnn. sht's goin down on sdn.

I was rejected too. But only applied because I have FL connection and lived there for 2 years when my dad was in anesthesia school. Hopefully will get interview to LECOM cause I love this state.

Calm down there. I was trying to sell my DAT Bootcamp that had some subscription days left just like you did (apparently someone also tried to sell theirs for $20). The Bootcamp for some reason figured out that more than one person is using the subscription so he changed the password so both you and I couldn't use it. I tried to message you back but my other SDN account got banned and had no ways to contact you back. If you really want that money back I can give it to you but keep in mind that you also shared your account with someone else but just got away with it. So you can call me a scammer if you would like but you're no different from I am. Btw congrats on getting interview invitation at Harvard!

Last edited:

Well well well... Looks like I'll be meeting the scammer that scammed me out of a BootCamp subscription on Sept 30th as well.

Reactions: 2 users
ANYONE INTERESTED IN TRADING INTERVIEW DATES?

I have an interview Friday October 16. I may not be able to make it. Would anyone with a Pre-December interview like to swap dates? If you do, please message me ASAP
Thanks!

Im looking to swap someone interview dates. I have a spot in late October and would like to switch with someone who has a pre-dec interview date (for anyone who also happens to also have a conflicting date). PM please
Are you still looking to swap?

No uber in broward county. Keep this in mind when traveling here people, you'll have to stick to incredibly inconvenient and overpriced taxies almost walked the 7 miles lmao

Wondering exactly how this scam happened..
Why would anyone do that for a few twenty dollar bills?

If they had subscription, whats so hard about just sharing it? Unless she didnt have subscription to start with and got money off you for nothing.

AA- 21
OC- 21
GC- 21
Bio- 19
TS- 20
RC- 21
PA- 24

Hello @Kellycampp I have my interview for NOVA Oct. 15th and I was wondering if you could tell me how did it go for you, maybe share some questions or/and final advices toward the interview.

Hello @krd1025 I have my interview for NOVA Oct. 15th and I was wondering if you could tell me how did it go for you, maybe share some questions or/and final advices toward the interview.

Hey guys would anyone be willing to help me out with the hotel situation and what the best option would be? The phone numbers that they have on the website don't seem to be working properly, so I was wondering if anyone has recently reserved a room and could be of help?! Thanks. Feel free to message me.