*** The Official Nova Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

If you're staying at Courtyard Marriott Plantation, don't bother reserving the airport shuttle. Just get a cab, that'll save you a couple hours of waiting and frustration.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
why don't you guys try airbnb? I found plenty of good placed for around $50 bucks..

Hey guys would anyone be willing to help me out with the hotel situation and what the best option would be? The phone numbers that they have on the website don't seem to be working properly, so I was wondering if anyone has recently reserved a room and could be of help?! Thanks. Feel free to message me.

I stayed here at this airbnb for 50 bucks a night. The family was great to stay with. They hella fed me breakfast lunch and dinner. It was also only a 3 mins drive to campus. Just an option haha =].
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6091315

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing tomorrow! Who else is gonna be there?? Can't wait to meet you guys! I'm from Michigan I'm staying A week with my friends, turning this interview into a vacation!

I was invited for an interview a few days ago but the only available dates were in February? I scheduled it from my phone so could it have been a glitch or something? I just see a lot of people with pre December interviews here so I'm just wondering.

I was invited for an interview a few days ago but the only available dates were in February? I scheduled it from my phone so could it have been a glitch or something? I just see a lot of people with pre December interviews here so I'm just wondering.
I believe its like registering for classes. If someone changes their date, the spot opens for someone else. So u just gotta keep refreshing that registration page like cray every second like I do for sdn and the aadsas portal <3.

I believe its like registering for classes. If someone changes their date, the spot opens for someone else. So u just gotta keep refreshing that registration page like cray every second like I do for sdn and the aadsas portal <3.

That makes sense , thank you!

Just received the interview invite!:) surprised they overlooked my gpa though. Has anyone had luck refreshing the calendar site for an earlier date?

Interviewing tomorrow! Who else is gonna be there?? Can't wait to meet you guys! I'm from Michigan I'm staying A week with my friends, turning this interview into a vacation!

See you tomorrow man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received the interview invite!:) surprised they overlooked my gpa though. Has anyone had luck refreshing the calendar site for an earlier date?

Why do you say thay? Is it below 3?

BCP is about 3.1, science about 3.17

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else interviewing on November 20th?

I'm looking to share/split a hotel (probably Extended Star America which is $68 and a mile away from campus). I'll be flying in Nov 19th around 6pm and leaving after the interview so we'll only be staying for a night. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm a 21 yr old asian guy if that matters to anyone. o_O

When is your interview date? I had no luck trying to change mine :/

When is your interview date? I had no luck trying to change mine :/

originally it was Feb 10th then I got it changed to 4th then 3rd haha Nov 20th was open for about 5 minutes yesterday; however, I couldn't take it since I had UDM on 21st :[

I just had to defer my November 6th interview into mid February if anyone needed that day!

ANYONE INTERESTED IN TRADING INTERVIEW DATES?

I have an interview Friday October 16. I may not be able to make it. Would anyone with a Pre-December interview like to swap dates? If you do, please message me ASAP
Thanks!

Hey, I have an early Dec. interview date.. Are you still looking to swap with someone?

I have an interview for December 2. I'm looking for an earlier interview. Anyone interested, please let me know!
Thanks!!

I received an interview a couple months ago and selected January 6th, If anyone has an earlier interview and wants to switch to January let me know

Never in my life have I seen such a beautiful campus! Everyone there was really cool, felt like I already started making friends there. Such a bright and friendly environment! I really have absolutely nothing negative to say about this school. Interview felt like it went well, I felt very natural speaking, I was very comfortable. I even got a compliment on my smile :happy: I really would love to go here, December 1st is going to be one intense nervous adventure. Good luck to everyone on their interviews, really hope we all become future classmates.

Reactions: 7 users
Never in my life have I seen such a beautiful campus! Everyone there was really cool, felt like I already started making friends there. Such a bright and friendly environment! I really have absolutely nothing negative to say about this school. Interview felt like it went well, I felt very natural speaking, I was very comfortable. I even got a compliment on my smile :happy: I really would love to go here, December 1st is going to be one intense nervous adventure. Good luck to everyone on their interviews, really hope we all become future classmates.

I'd like to thank Nova for being selective in choosing their interviewees as I met this dude Ahmad and he's super nice and chill, nice meeting you man and hope to be a dentist with you in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Literally looking forward for this interview and any tips would greatly be appreciated guys! Please feel free to message me.

That's what I'm wondering :/
Don't think the school would waste their time and resources to have you come for an interview if you had no shot. It might be a slim chance but it's a chance.

Don't think the school would waste their time and resources to have you come for an interview if you had no shot. It might be a slim chance but it's a chance.

Sooooooooo you're saying there's a chance???

Can i take microbiology online? Do you guys know if nova accepts that?

do we even have a shot at getting in if the interview is in feb and jan?
I hope so. I'm sure there will be cancellations and students declining admission to go to other schools. Be positive.

so i called admissions. it seems they don't start sending out acceptances until all interviews are complete and therefore, us people who have later interviews should not be at any disadvantage....

If anyone would like to trade an earlier interview spot for a February 5th spot, please message me. Thanks.

So I'm my interview is on Oct. 21st and I will be flying in on the 20th. Has anyone had experience dealing with the shuttle? I will be staying in Hampton Inn Plantation.

So I'm my interview is on Oct. 21st and I will be flying in on the 20th. Has anyone had experience dealing with the shuttle? I will be staying in Hampton Inn Plantation.

Same

If you're staying at Courtyard Marriott Plantation, don't bother reserving the airport shuttle. Just get a cab, that'll save you a couple hours of waiting and frustration.

Good to know! I'll be staying there and planning to reserve the airport shuttle. Did you also reserve the shuttle to Nova campus for the interview?

Good to know! I'll be staying there and planning to reserve the airport shuttle. Did you also reserve the shuttle to Nova campus for the interview?
Yes, the shuttle runs every hour from 7am to 7 pm but you can talk with the receptionist and they can take you anytime you want.

Cancelled my interview invitation, there will soon be an open Friday, November 13th slot.

Are you still interested in swapping? My interview is on January 20th?

Does anyone know how rescheduling work? Do I have to cancel my appointment before scheduling for a new one? I don't want to give up my seat and then realize that the date that I want is not available anymore.

Does anyone know how rescheduling work? Do I have to cancel my appointment before scheduling for a new one? I don't want to give up my seat and then realize that the date that I want is not available anymore.

Yes when you click reschedule a warning box pops up saying that you will cancel your original slot. So when I rescheduled mine, my original spot was open and any other spots. I will give you the fair warning though that I had a November spot initially and had to get a spot all the way in March (I believe it was)

they ar eno exactly the most punctual. I saw people who intereviewed with me waiting for an hour or two for it to show up. Imagine how tight it can be if you have early flight to catch.
But, this is YMMV. Maybe they were just busy that day.

Yes when you click reschedule a warning box pops up saying that you will cancel your original slot. So when I rescheduled mine, my original spot was open and any other spots. I will give you the fair warning though that I had a November spot initially and had to get a spot all the way in March (I believe it was)
Thank you and I'm so sorry for that. I guess I'm just gonna stick with my original appointment then

do the interviews promptly end at 5? i have a flight at 7!

It depends on when you are called for your interview. We started at 1:30, and you were allowed to leave once you finished your interview. I was the last out of our group of 15, so I wasn't done until around 5:20. If you tell them you have a flight to catch they will allow you to be one of the first to go I believe.

If I can recall correctly, Dr Lippmann asks if anyone had an early flight so that they can go first.

hi guys, anybody who already interviewed mind sharing their experience, and how the interview was?

Anyone having interview on Oct 28th? I'm flying out there tmr :)

Got my first interview invite from here!
I was quite surprised that I got invited really soon after submitting supplemental. Do they invite a lot of students and review faster than other schools?
Looking forward to visit FL !

I'm really eager to hear more about the interview process / school as a whole, so if anyone wishes to share his/her experience, please feel free to message me because I am very interested and have an interview coming up soon!

I'm really eager to hear more about the interview process / school as a whole, so if anyone wishes to share his/her experience, please feel free to message me because I am very interested and have an interview coming up soon!

Me too!! Interview on friday!!

Me too!! Interview on friday!!
You can bring any talents you have to show them. It's a very laid back interview. Just don't bring an IV, one student brought an IV and offered it to the interviewer and the interviewer mentioned it to me and told me he would not be accepted because that was an unacceptable skill to try and display. Some students showed photos of cool things they can do (one had a photo that they did something cool with fire) and another juggled and one even sang during the interview. I didn't have anything cool so he made something up to tell the other students I was cool haha.