*** The Official Nova Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to mention but I received an interview invite on the 11 and my interview is on Aug 31st.

Members don't see this ad.

Damn. I got a call on July 7 and haven't heard of any update since. Guess I'm not gonna receive an interview.

Damn. I got a call on July 7 and haven't heard of any update since. Guess I'm not gonna receive an interview.

I got the same call on the 7th and no interview follow up. don't sweat just yet. give em till the end of the week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
called them up and they said they update their apps from aadsas every Wednesday. so if you uploaded anything since last Wednesday ( like my dat scores which were uploaded on the 14th) they're only getting it today

Reactions: 1 user
called them up and they said they update their apps from aadsas every Wednesday. so if you uploaded anything since last Wednesday ( like my dat scores which were uploaded on the 14th) they're only getting it today

Hopefully you'll hear something soon! I'm accepting the fact I'm probably not. I hate how they don't offer an email to send updates; I had to send updates via snail mail.

Also, seems their turnaround time to offer interviews is pretty fast. So submit week 1 and get something week 2.

Haven't received a supplemental from NOVA yet, GPA verified 7/11. Does anyone know if they wait until applications are mailed out to send a supplemental? Or
any confirmation email saying your application was received?

Haven't received a supplemental from NOVA yet, GPA verified 7/11. Does anyone know if they wait until applications are mailed out to send a supplemental? Or

Yes I received the email to complete supplemental as soon as my application was mailed out.

interview invite on 7/22
OOS
3.63 science 19aa
have not booked yet. I am looking at either the 8th or 16th of Sept.

Reactions: 1 users
interview invite on 7/22
OOS
3.63 science 19aa
have not booked yet. I am looking at either the 8th or 16th of Sept.
Congrats! That's a great way to wrap up the end of the week! May I ask what date you completed your secondary on?

They wait to pick names out of hats. Wait your turn. Lol. Jk. I think they have electronic access to your application and don't require any mail outs.

Members don't see this ad :)
They wait to pick names out of hats. Wait your turn. Lol. Jk. I think they have electronic access to your application and don't require any mail outs.

Just received the supplemental today after my application was mailed out! I think they do wait for it to be mailed out, but once again, could be a case by case situation.

Received interview invite on July 8th.
AADSAS finished on June 21st, mailed out July 1st.
Finished supplemental on June 30th.
GPA 3.27, DAT 22.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview on 9/2 good luck to everyone!

For the question that asks to list all the schools you applied to, do we have to list out all the schools we applied? Just worried because I don't want them to think I am not interested just because I applied to 10 other schools.
And for the planned courses question, what if I am not 100% sure what classes I will be taking?
Thanks.

For the question that asks to list all the schools you applied to, do we have to list out all the schools we applied? Just worried because I don't want them to think I am not interested just because I applied to 10 other schools.
And for the planned courses question, what if I am not 100% sure what classes I will be taking?
Thanks.

Put down your most probable schedule for the next two semesters and update them if you do decide to change later on.

What if you don't necessarily have any "special circumstances" to talk about? Do you leave it blank?

What if you don't necessarily have any "special circumstances" to talk about? Do you leave it blank?

Always utilize any place you have the opportunity to divulge about yourself. For the question on which schools are you applying to, you can list some schools and then state you have a few others. You don't need to list everything. They know everyone doesn't put all their eggs into one basket. List the courses you plan to take and then update just like alpha said.

Always utilize any place you have the opportunity to divulge about yourself. For the question on which schools are you applying to, you can list some schools and then state you have a few others. You don't need to list everything. They know everyone doesn't put all their eggs into one basket. List the courses you plan to take and then update just like alpha said.

It wouldn't look bad if I just state some schools and then say few others?
Also, what exactly do they mean by special circumstances? Is it something like if you had bad grades one semester because of some reason or finanaical trouble and stuff like that?

It wouldn't look bad if I just state some schools and then say few others?
Also, what exactly do they mean by special circumstances? Is it something like if you had bad grades one semester because of some reason or finanaical trouble and stuff like that?

I don't think they care enough about that question to feel what is "good" or "bad". That's my opinion. I'm not on the admissions committee. Maybe someone on here who is can chime in, but doubt they lurk around here. Special circumstances can mean anything. Schools love to see a struggling student who persevered. Even if you don't have a semester of grades less than an A, I would talk about a struggle. That was the advice given to me from an admissions person. Maybe you can call and ask them for clarification.

If I missed the call and it was just a voicemail confirming my app was under review, do I need to call back or am I good?

If I missed the call and it was just a voicemail confirming my app was under review, do I need to call back or am I good?
I got a voicemail too and got an interview invite 2 days later, so don't worry!

Last edited:
Did anyone leave this question blank if you didn't have anything to say: Describe any special circumstances that you feel might aid the Admissions Committee in evaluating your application.

I can't think about any "special circumstances" during my college experience so I don't know what to put as my answer.

Did anyone leave this question blank if you didn't have anything to say: Describe any special circumstances that you feel might aid the Admissions Committee in evaluating your application.

I can't think about any "special circumstances" during my college experience so I don't know what to put as my answer.
I left it blank and received an interview.

I got a voicemail too and got an interview invite 2 days later, so don't worry!
Samesies, got a voicemail and an invite 2 days later. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle.

Samesies, got a voicemail and an invite 2 days later. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle.

Did you send them a basket of cookies? I bet you did. 2 days!? Damn. Sounds like they just glanced at you and said, "Yes!"

Did you send them a basket of cookies? I bet you did. 2 days!? Damn. Sounds like they just glanced at you and said, "Yes!"
Not just me though. It you look in this thread and last year's thread, many other people got a very quick invite from Nova. It seems like Nova interviews tons of applicants every year and accept only a fraction. I want to be both optimistic and realistic at the same time.

They sent me an invitation 2 hours after they received my DAT scores, they are really quick.

Hi
I got a notice Monday my app is under review. How long should I expect till they come back with a decision?

has anyone gotten an interview invite this week? my aadsas status of nova has completely disappeared (there's no 'in review' or anything) and I'm worried my application was pushed aside and forgotten due to not having dat scores in at the time

has anyone gotten an interview invite this week? my aadsas status of nova has completely disappeared (there's no 'in review' or anything) and I'm worried my application was pushed aside and forgotten due to not having dat scores in at the time

You'll be getting an interview soon.

I didn't get a call, but I got an email on Monday saying my app is complete. Is that the same as a call?

Don't worry. Mine disappeared too. I received the call on July 7th, but no interview invitation yet. At this point we just have to be patient. Hopefully there will be good news soon! :)

I received a confirmation call on 7/19 and haven't heard back since. Should I assume that I got rejected? On AADSAS nova has disappeared from the school decisions tab…

I received a confirmation call on 7/19 and haven't heard back since. Should I assume that I got rejected? On AADSAS nova has disappeared from the school decisions tab…

you, @CalculusFighter , and I are all in the same boat. I'm thinking we should be contacted by the next round of interview invites

when would you think the next round of interviews will go out

hopefully soon since I'm developing a serious case of ocd checking my email 100x per day. but seriously, I don't think anyone would know.

hopefully soon since I'm developing a serious case of ocd checking my email 100x per day. but seriously, I don't think anyone would know.

It's so stressful, you just want to see that email pop up saying you are invited lol. What other schools did you guys apply to?

Status
Not open for further replies.