*** The Official Nova Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so stressful, you just want to see that email pop up saying you are invited lol. What other schools did you guys apply to?

ivies, uf, and quite a few of other long shots. I'm just lusting for my nova interview so I could know that my letters of rec are decent and I actually stand a shot at all my other schools lol. brb getting rejected from nova but getting into Harvard. in addition, nova is a great school with a beautiful location. Just having that interview under my belt would be such a stress reliever lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
ivies, uf, and quite a few of other long shots. I'm just lusting for my nova interview so I could know that my letters of rec are decent and I actually stand a shot at all my other schools lol. brb getting rejected from nova but getting into Harvard. in addition, nova is a great school with a beautiful location. Just having that interview under my belt would be such a stress reliever lol.

I feel you. LoRs are the only thing I have absolutely no control over, so if I get an interview especially at a quick school like Nova then I know that there is no red-flag in my LoRs. They are not stellar, I'm guessing, but at least not negative lol.

I feel you. LoRs are the only thing I have absolutely no control over, so if I get an interview especially at a quick school like Nova then I know that there is no red-flag in my LoRs. They are not stellar, I'm guessing, but at least not negative lol.

I'm with you there. My biggest fear is that a professor put some other kids name or just went off on a tirade because of some psychopathic tendencies I wasn't aware of haha. It's scary to think that all your hard work of 3 years time can be jeopardized completely if a prof decides to be a dick and just goes off

Members don't see this ad :)
hopefully soon since I'm developing a serious case of ocd checking my email 100x per day. but seriously, I don't think anyone would know.

Yah I think anyone with your stats would think something is broken

I got a call! No word on anything besides that, though.

I took my DAT on 7/18 and I got an interview from NOVA on 7/26. Quick turnaround lol, my DAT scores aren't even up on AADSAS yet.

Scheduled my interview for 9/29

Last edited:
Primary submitted: July 11
Secondary submitted: July 22
DAT date: July 11
DAT received: July 28
Interview invite: July 29
Interview date: September 29
24AA 3.45GPA

Good luck everyone!

Not me :( I really hope for one...

It's so stressful, you just want to see that email pop up saying you are invited lol. What other schools did you guys apply to?

yall get anything?

I got an interview invite today, and I scheduled it for oct 7. Very quick turnaround at nova

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone with the latest ADEA guide please share how many people applied, interviewed and accepted in previous cycle.

Well, then it's not looking good for me.. I've had that in for like two weeks.

Stats: oGPA 3.16, sGPA 3.71, BCP GPA 3.75, 20AA, 20TS, 21PAT, 25RC.

Experience as a dental assistant, and after one really bad semester my last two years (post bac) were straight As in all sciences.

It's looking like that overall GPA is a really black cloud :/

Submitted supplemental yesterday then I got a call informing me my app is complete and will be reviewed later in the day. Crossing my fingers for good news in the upcoming weeks.

Submitted supplemental yesterday then I got a call informing me my app is complete and will be reviewed later in the day. Crossing my fingers for good news in the upcoming weeks.
I like how they called me at 6 am cuz California time lol

For those of you who are attending the interview, how are you all planning to commute between the airport/hotel/Airbnb, etc. and the school? I was thinking of renting a car, but I am curious to know other people's plans so that I can brainstorm other possible options. Thanks!

So did anyone else have to call them to check for your DAT scores before they found them? If so how long from there did it take them to offer you an interview?

So did anyone else have to call them to check for your DAT scores before they found them? If so how long from there did it take them to offer you an interview?

yes! I got my initial call on the 6th, had my dat scores uploaded on the 13th and called on the 17th to find out that they forgot to update my application (so I had no dat scores from June 26th-July 17th on my application as they reviewed it). still haven't gotten a call for an interview. I do have an interview with UF in 2 weeks so I think my app got pushed back to the end of the line (cause if there was something wrong with my app, UF wouldn't have offered me an interview). Call them though to make sure everything's updated

yes! I got my initial call on the 6th, had my dat scores uploaded on the 13th and called on the 17th to find out that they forgot to update my application (so I had no dat scores from June 26th-July 17th on my application as they reviewed it). still haven't gotten a call for an interview. I do have an interview with UF in 2 weeks so I think my app got pushed back to the end of the line (cause if there was something wrong with my app, UF wouldn't have offered me an interview). Call them though to make sure everything's updated

Yeah I guess I'll give them a week and then call again....don't understand how they just forget to update the scores. Was nearly three weeks that they had been uploaded before I called.

Yesterday I received the call saying my application was completed and today I received the interview invite email! So excited :clap:

Looks like NOVA handing out interviews to their top applicants over in the 16-17 interview thread.

Yesterday I received the call saying my application was completed and today I received the interview invite email! So excited :clap:

Mind sharing stats?

Yup, no wonder you got an interview so quickly after the "app complete" call. lol

Finally got an interview!!! I called 5 times from the time I submitted my app, so stay calm peoples theres still plenty of spots. BTW does anyone know if rescheduling is looked down upon? I just chose the first free date, but I might want to reschedule once I see my exam schedule.

Reactions: 5 users
Finally got an interview!!! I called 5 times from the time I submitted my app, so stay calm peoples theres still plenty of spots. BTW does anyone know if rescheduling is looked down upon? I just chose the first free date, but I might want to reschedule once I see my exam schedule.

Congrats! Did you call again after they found your scores? I might have to call if so.

Congrats! Did you call again after they found your scores? I might have to call if so.

Yup, twice. Kept pleading ignorance and saying idk if my scores uploaded to my Nova application. I figured after enough calls, I'd get someone with authority to look at my stats and say 'hey, why haven't we decided on this kid yet? I should probably forward his application again'

Anyone else interviewing on the 18th?!

For people who have completed the supplement and are re-applicants...They ask if you are a re-applicant, what have you been doing since you last applied to NSU...this is my first time applying to NSU so should I just leave that part empty? The next question they ask is what I've been doing to make myself a more competitive candidate. Should I answer that part or leave that empty as well?

I'm pretty sure I wrote n/a or just left those blank

I'm pretty sure I wrote n/a or just left those blank
Are you a re-applicant? Because I am so I'm not sure if I should answer the second questions or not, since the first re-applicant question was specifically for people who have applied to NSU before which i have not.

Oh I misunderstood.. since I'm just glancing right now I'll add if the school is asking if you're a reapplicant for their specific school and you haven't applied there, I'd leave it blank. If it says specifically "are you a reapplicant" as in general, you could go on. Confusion beyond this is best left to the school themselves (preferred) or maybe some other posters!

I am a reapplicant but not to NSU so I left it blank.

Did you leave both of the re-applcant questions blank or just the NSU one?

I can't recall but I believe I left both blank. My logic was that if they've never seen my application prior to this cycle, then I'm just like any other new applicant and those questions wouldn't apply to me. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

I can't recall but I believe I left both blank. My logic was that if they've never seen my application prior to this cycle, then I'm just like any other new applicant and those questions wouldn't apply to me. I hope I didn't make a mistake.
hmmm ok! thanks!

It's not frowned upon, last year I originally scheduled my interview for January but then I rescheduled it to February, and I was accepted the next week :) You're fine!

Any guys want to split a room on Aug. 16th? I'm flying in that night to interview on the 17th, so we could probably also share an Uber if you're interested. Thanks!

Any guys want to split a room on Aug. 16th? I'm flying in that night to interview on the 17th, so we could probably also share an Uber if you're interested. Thanks!
I already booked a single room, but here's a list of the recommended hotels if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.nova.edu/cwis/hpdasa/interview-day/forms/hotel-accommodations.pdf

I'm staying at Hampton because of the free shuttles. Their deal is $95 per night before tax which I think is pretty fair.

I got a call 8/4, emailed them my unofficial DAT scores last night, and got an interview invite this morning 8/8.

This is so exciting!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Is emailing them your scores something you have to do, or did you just recently take your DAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.