*** The Official Nova Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes! I got my initial call on the 6th, had my dat scores uploaded on the 13th and called on the 17th to find out that they forgot to update my application (so I had no dat scores from June 26th-July 17th on my application as they reviewed it). still haven't gotten a call for an interview. I do have an interview with UF in 2 weeks so I think my app got pushed back to the end of the line (cause if there was something wrong with my app, UF wouldn't have offered me an interview). Call them though to make sure everything's updated

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got my interview, calling definitely helped!

Members don't see this ad.

I got a call 8/4, emailed them my unofficial DAT scores last night, and got an interview invite this morning 8/8.

This is so exciting!!!!!!!
When did you submit your secondary? And did you get an email with the interview invite as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
How strict are they are their Liberal Arts LOR requirement? I completely forgot about this because it was a bit left field. I already have 4 letters (2 sci profs, 1 dentist, 1 supervisor). If they are indeed strict with this requirement, I would have the letter sent directly to them?

How strict are they are their Liberal Arts LOR requirement? I completely forgot about this because it was a bit left field. I already have 4 letters (2 sci profs, 1 dentist, 1 supervisor). If they are indeed strict with this requirement, I would have the letter sent directly to them?
I got an invite without one!

I didn't have one either and I got an interview.

Alright, thanks for your responses. Eases my stress. haha

Any idea where to go or what to look at to prepare better for the interview? Mine is coming up in 9 days.

Hey all,
With interview day ending around 5pm, do you guys think taking a 7pm flight is feasible...?

I probably wouldn't. If you can make it work, try to find a flight like late late night or something, enjoy the city for a few hours before you leave.

Hey all,
With interview day ending around 5pm, do you guys think taking a 7pm flight is feasible...?
That's exactly what I tried to do, but I had no other later time for my flights, or I had to pay like extra 200 bucks. So I decided to stay another night which was actually cheaper lol

Reactions: 1 user
anyone going on the 18th ?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invite today! Would it be bad to schedule it for the very beginning of November?

I received my confirmation email on 7/28 and still haven't received an interview. Does this mean that I most likely won't receive one? Also I didn't submit a letter from a liberal arts professor. I had 3 from science professors and one a dentist. Should that not matter since I got the confirmation email or should I try to get one now and send it to them

Last edited:
I received my confirmation email on 7/28 and still haven't received an email. Does this mean that I most likely won't receive one? Also I didn't submit a letter from a liberal arts professor. I had 3 from science professors and one a dentist. Should that not matter since I got the confirmation email or should I try to get one now and send it to them
I wasn't even aware of the liberal arts letter of recommendation requirements until after I applied. I don't have one, but I received an interview!

It's possible. The airport is about 5 minutes away with light traffic. I've picked up my parents/friends from the airport within a 20 minute timeframe give or take after class :D

Ahaha thanks for your input! Also, I read in previous Nova threads that those who need to leave early due to flights can request to have their interviewers call them into the interview room earlier, which was relieving to hear.

I got a rejection in the mail today. Good luck everyone!

When did you submit your secondary? And did you get an email with the interview invite as well?

I submitted my secondary 8/3 and I did get an email for the interview invite as well. You get to pick the day, but unfortunately the soonest spot available was for mid-October.

I submitted my secondary 8/3 and I did get an email for the interview invite as well. You get to pick the day, but unfortunately the soonest spot available was for mid-October.
Do you think the mid-October early November interviews give you a disadvantage?

Do you think the mid-October early November interviews give you a disadvantage?
I'm assuming you're talking about a "disadvantage" preventing a December 1 acceptance. In which case, I don't think it is. If you interviewed in late October for example, and you're every bit as competitive as someone who interviewed earlier, I don't see why you wouldn't get the call... I somewhat doubt it takes them a month post-interview to decide to put someone in the "in" or "wait for now" or "out" pile.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you're talking about a "disadvantage" preventing a December 1 acceptance. In which case, I don't think it is. If you interviewed in late October for example, and you're every bit as competitive as someone who interviewed earlier, I don't see why you wouldn't get the call... I somewhat doubt it takes them a month post-interview to decide to put someone in the "in" or "wait for now" or "out" pile.

I hope that's true! I was under the impression that the earlier you submit/interview the better because of rolling admissions though. I hope I'm wrong

I called earlier and the lady who I talked to didn't think it was an issue or big deal to interview early November . So we're good!

Last edited:
man i got rejected with no interview invite. and i had an interview last year.

Sheer curiosity.. what'd you do in between years??

man i got rejected with no interview invite. and i had an interview last year.

Yeah why is that? Seems strange unless you didn't improve your app at all from last year.

I got a confirmation call telling me that my app was complete but since I didn't pick up the phone she left a message. Should I call them back and confirm that I received the message?

I got a message too.. I wouldn't worry about it, it'd be like replying to the emails you receive.

Delete

Last edited:
Has anyone that chose to select the DO/DMD option heard anything yet about an interview and/or rejection?

I submitted my secondary on Jul 29, but haven't heard anything yet. What should I do?

Good luck to those who have the first batch of interview including me ;)

Edit: this week

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Rejected. 3.1 sgpa 3.4 overall. 22AA
I am so sorry to hear that. Hope you get good news from other schools you applied too.

Could you tell me if the rejection is by email or mail? I haven't heard anything, so I am assuming it might be coming in a mail :/

I am so sorry to hear that. Hope you get good news from other schools you applied too.

Could you tell me if the rejection is by email or mail? I haven't heard anything, so I am assuming it might be coming in a mail :/

OOS, by mail. No interviews yet

Nothing in the mail from NOVA is a good thing I guess.

Nova was fantastic today (first day of interviews) - such nice, kind-hearted folks. I'll be thrilled if I hear from them Dec. 1!

The interview is very relaxed and conversational. Don't sweat it, folks! Just present yourself honestly. Best of luck to those with interviews and those still waiting.

Added perk: they just revamped their sim lab. It's a real dream!

Reactions: 11 users
Nova was fantastic today (first day of interviews) - such nice, kind-hearted folks. I'll be thrilled if I hear from them Dec. 1!

The interview is very relaxed and conversational. Don't sweat it, folks! Just present yourself honestly. Best of luck to those with interviews and those still waiting.

Added perk: they just revamped their sim lab. It's a real dream!

at what time did they start interviewing and how long was the interview ?

Submitted early July and haven't heard anything so, I guess that's good-ish? No rejection letter in the mail. I think it's because I selected to be considered for DO/DMD (I received the DO interview). Not sure if I want to do that stream, just wanted to keep all options open.

Like one of you said above, no news is "good" news?

Status
Not open for further replies.