*** The Official Nova Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's because I selected to be considered for DO/DMD (I received the DO interview).
You applied separately for medical school and dental school in the same cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

You applied separately for medical school and dental school in the same cycle?

It's a DMD/DO dual-degree. I thought it was an interesting opportunity (you would provide both dental and medical care to rural areas) so I applied for that option.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It's a DMD/DO dual-degree. I thought it was an interesting opportunity (you would provide both dental and medical care to rural areas) so I applied for that option.

Understood the dual degree option part. You mentioned you received a DO interview? Rather than a DMD interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Understood the dual degree option part. You mentioned you received a DO interview? Rather than a DMD interview?

Received the DO interview, yes. Haven't heard anything about the DMD interview yet.

It was great to see the future classmates in my interview group. I wish everyone went back home safely :)

Reactions: 3 users
how soon do you usually get your supplemental application if you get one?

how soon do you usually get your supplemental application if you get one?

I got the email telling me to submit a supplemental application in the same email that said they received my application. Not sure how it is for other people

For those of you who are worried about the interview, don't be! I had mine yesterday and it was the most relaxed thing ever. Just a basic conversation, no grilling questions at all. Easiest interview you will ever have.

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who are worried about the interview, don't be! I had mine yesterday and it was the most relaxed thing ever. Just a basic conversation, no grilling questions at all. Easiest interview you will ever have.
Any specific questions that they asked you? I have mine on 9/29

Any specific questions that they asked you? I have mine on 9/29
No specific questions. It was a one on one interview. The doctor i had just had written down things she saw on my app like volunteers stuff i have done and what i did for manual dexterity. Nothing too crazy, just make sure you know your app

No specific questions. It was a one on one interview. The doctor i had just had written down things she saw on my app like volunteers stuff i have done and what i did for manual dexterity. Nothing too crazy, just make sure you know your app
How many people interview per day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you end well before 5pm? I have a 7pm flight the day of my interview :/ am I cutting it short?

Did you end well before 5pm? I have a 7pm flight the day of my interview :/ am I cutting it short?
Oh yeah the whole interview process only lasted like 2 hours. I was done by 2:00 PM and the rest of the interviewees were done by 3.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh yeah the whole interview process only lasted like 2 hours. I was done by 2:00 PM and the rest of the interviewees were done by 3.
So only 2-3 hours for lunch, a presentation, tour and 20 interviews?

I was the last person at the interview, and it was 4:10 PM after my interview. It is only 20 mins from the airport, and my interview was no more than 15 mins.

So only 2-3 hours for lunch, a presentation, tour and 20 interviews?
well maybe like 3.5 hours. There wasn't really any presentations. we ate lunch, did a tour, talked to assistant dean for a second and then did interviews. The interviews went by fast because they had like five doctors/professors giving one on one interviews all at once.

I submitted my unofficial Dat but they have not received the officials yet. Would they need to wait for official in order to invite for an interview?

I submitted my unofficial Dat but they have not received the officials yet. Would they need to wait for official in order to invite for an interview?

Nope! I got an interview with an unofficial score!

hi guys,

I got an interview from NOVA and due to a conflict I think i'll have to reschedule my interview :( but im nervous about doing so because i don't know if rescheduling will push me to a later date and hinder my chances at admission since it's rolling admissions, make me seem like im not interested in NOVA, etc.

has anyone previously rescheduled their interview using the NOVA scheduling portal? what were your experiences with it? when you press reschedule, NOVA automatically cancels the interview you're currently registered for. in the worst case scenario, would i be able to just take back/schedule for the date I had before? if nothing else fits? has anyone had any experience with this?

thank you so much!!

I emailed them my unofficial scores on a Sunday night and got the interview invite the next morning
Wow. I went last Monday, Dr. Lippman told me with my DAT I should expect an invite for November , but I haven't received anything :/

I was sent the supplemental back in June but never received the email. I emailed twice and finally called and talked with Norma and was told I was sent supplemental back in June and so I finally found the email and sent in my supplemental today. So anyone that has not received a supplemental I recommend calling NOVA and asking them if they sent one out or if your lacking something. Don't want to be in my boat waiting and never hearing anything bc you didn't get an email.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

Just got a call from NOVA that my application is complete.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call my application is complete.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

Just got an email for an INTERVIEW! Nov. 18th is the date.

I emailed them my unofficial scores on a Sunday night and got the interview invite the next morning

Really? I e-mailed Nova 10 days ago asking if I could send them my unofficial DAT scores and I haven't heard a peep from them :\ Did you call to see if you could or e-mailed them?

Really? I e-mailed Nova 10 days ago asking if I could send them my unofficial DAT scores and I haven't heard a peep from them :\ Did you call to see if you could or e-mailed them?

I did not call them beforehand, I just sent it. I would go ahead and send it too!
I had gotten a call two days before (Friday) saying my app was complete and they were going to review, so I think the timing was probably just right in my case.
Def go ahead and send it though! They for sure accept unofficial scores

I didn't NOVA appear on my AADSAS, is that normal? Also, I haven't received the completed apps call, but when I called the school, they said that my file is complete. How important is the completed apps call?

I didn't NOVA appear on my AADSAS, is that normal? Also, I haven't received the completed apps call, but when I called the school, they said that my file is complete. How important is the completed apps call?
I got my interview invitation on July 5th, but it was appeared on AADSAS at the end of July.

Absolutely 100% don't be nervous. Very chill. Wasn't asked a single "interview question". They make sure you are comfortable and not nervous.

I second this. I wasn't even asked a single serious "interview question." We just had a casual conversation for a good 20 min. My interviewer was extremely nice, and I eventually walked out of the room with the best feeling ever. Dr. Lippman's talk before the individual interviews was also very encouraging. Students at Nova seem to be happy. Overall, awesome interview experience.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an interview today for November 9th!!!
Anybody else interviewing this day ?

D1 checking in. Love it here at Nova. Was fortunate to have options on Dec 2nd.. However this was my first choice and my love was with this school.

Any questions you can direct them towards me.

D1 checking in. Love it here at Nova. Was fortunate to have options on Dec 2nd.. However this was my first choice and my love was with this school.

Any questions you can direct them towards me.
How was the first microbio exam? Do you have free time besides academic life?

How was the first microbio exam? Do you have free time besides academic life?

Our first exam for microbiology is actually tomorrow. A lot of material, however it's manageable along with every other class. So far our exams are evenly spaced out like 3 days minimum in-between so I haven't had to study for more than one exam at a time.

Free time. What's that again? Just kidding. There will be free time. The first few weeks and weekends was all partying! This weekend we have to study for anatomy however many of our class is going to PSI O's event at a nightclub on Saturday. You make time to have fun!

Our first exam for microbiology is actually tomorrow. A lot of material, however it's manageable along with every other class. So far our exams are evenly spaced out like 3 days minimum in-between so I haven't had to study for more than one exam at a time.

Free time. What's that again? Just kidding. There will be free time. The first few weeks and weekends was all partying! This weekend we have to study for anatomy however many of our class is going to PSI O's event at a nightclub on Saturday. You make time to have fun!

Sounds great!
Can you possibly tell us what classes you're taking for the first and second semester of the first year?

Anyone know what the board pass rate is for Nova? can't find it anywhere.
Dr. Lippman (the Dean of Admissions) said that a rate of 99.9% would be considered low for them. I agree with that, I think even an average dental student should have no problem passing the board exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.