*** The Official Nova Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great!
Can you possibly tell us what classes you're taking for the first and second semester of the first year?

In the list and order of how my exams are

Fall

IRDS (dental anatomy etc) + Lab (hands on)
Biochem
Microbiology
Gross anatomy and lab
Histology and lab
Ethics and professionalism

And Winter/Spring not quite sure yet. Living it up still so I haven't cared! Everyone basically passes boards here after first year. Don't let that discourage you. It frees up more d2 year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I had the interview today, pretty chill interview. The school seems really great.

Reactions: 2 users
What did you guys bring to the interview?
And what should I expect? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Brought my trapper keeper with my hello kitty pencil holder and my bowling ball and golf shoes. Gotta be prepared for anything!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

what time did the interview finish and do we have to print out parking pass from nova website? any other last minute advice?
I was one of the last interviews so I didn't get out until around 4:30. I didn't print the parking pass but others did so it's up to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
they have uber in fort lauderdale right? I heard some states don't have it lol unbelievable
Plenty of Uber in the area!

I had a 5pm flight so I asked if they could arrange me an earlier interview. They were super nice and accommodated my request, so I was done with my interview at 2:30ish. Overall, I don't have a single negative thing to say about my interview experience at Nova! Good luck to y'all! :)

Plenty of Uber in the area!

I had a 5pm flight so I asked if they could arrange me an earlier interview. They were super nice and accommodated my request, so I was done with my interview at 2:30ish. Overall, I don't have a single negative thing to say about my interview experience at Nova! Good luck to y'all! :)

Did you ask for the earlier interview when you got there, or did you request before your interview day?

Did you ask for the earlier interview when you got there, or did you request before your interview day?
I asked for it when I was checking in with the receptionist and dropping off my luggage.

1st Interview next week!!!
Any tips???

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Woo! First interview invite and its from Nova! Undergrad gpa 3.33
Undergrad science 3.16
Masters gpa 3.8
Dat 20 AA 20ts 20pat 22RC

Members don't see this ad :)
Loved my interview day, everyone was so nice and relaxed. The school is beautiful as well really making me think that nova needs to be higher on my list.

Sent from my SM-G550T using SDN mobile

Hi everyone! I had my first interview with Nova yesterday. It was mostly a very relaxed and conversational interview. They do ask you questions like why nova or why dentistry if you are getting nervous or if you can't keep up with the current conversation. I think they try to make it a comfortable environment for you so they can see your personality. Be yourself, and don't exaggerate. Don't forget to smile during your interview :)

Don't forget to smile during your interview :)
Yes! I got a bit nervous and looked so serious at the beginning of my interview (1st person to go into the room). My interviewer kept reminding me to relax and smile. :)

Hey all! Is anyone interviewing November 12 or 13 and wanna share a hotel? I will be interviewing Nov 13, but ill be there Nov 12-14 :)

Today is the day!!!

Interview invite!
Residency: TX
Interview date: Dec 2
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.57 oGPA: 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20AA/20TS/27PAT/18RC/none below 18

interview invite yesterday!
residing in NJ :D
19 AA 19 TS
second time applying
interview date: December 7th
is there anyone else interviewing that day??

Whoever has a post December interview. My recommendation is constantly check for new opening pre dec slots. They usually pop up often!

Mine took a week
Complete : 8/26
Invited for interview: 9/1

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I've heard that it's generally a week for others as well. I got my call August 15th to be under review, but my official DAT scores were not uploaded onto AADSAS until August 26th and then my application wasn't mailed a second time until September 2nd. Am I out of the running for an invite at this point? :\

I just re-listened to the voice-mail. Is there a difference between forwarded for review to the program office and under review? Did you receive two separate calls?

I just re-listened to the voice-mail. Is there a difference between forwarded for review to the program office and under review? Did you receive two separate calls?
Just one call :) they just call once. It should be the same. Good luck!

I have had an interview since late July and I have yet to ever get a call from nova

If your DAT was uploaded a bit after it was mailed I'm sure it was "delayed" a bit, but I got an interview invite about 5 days after the phone call. However my application was complete when they called

Anyone else interviewing Dec 2nd?

Just one call :) they just call once. It should be the same. Good luck!

Ah, rats. I don't think I have any luck then haha, but thank you.

If your DAT was uploaded a bit after it was mailed I'm sure it was "delayed" a bit, but I got an interview invite about 5 days after the phone call. However my application was complete when they called

Anyone else interviewing Dec 2nd?

Welp, it's been officially 12 days since my application was mailed with DAT scores this time, so I guess that's that :\

Interviewing in about two weeks and it's getting nervous and exciting!
I was really nervous too going into my interview! But there is absolutely zero reason to stress because that was the most relaxing interview experience I've had. They didn't even ask me "why dentistry" or "why Nova". It was just a very relaxed conversation about stuff on my application and other random stuff too. Good luck!

I was really nervous too going into my interview! But there is absolutely zero reason to stress because that was the most relaxing interview experience I've had. They didn't even ask me "why dentistry" or "why Nova". It was just a very relaxed conversation about stuff on my application and other random stuff too. Good luck!
I have heard that it was very relaxing interview too! I hope it goes same for me! Thank you

ok phew, I wont sweat it too much then :) How long was the interview and was it one-on-one with faculty?

ok phew, I wont sweat it too much then :) How long was the interview and was it one-on-one with faculty?
It was one on one (with faculty) and it lasted like 10-15 minutes.

Hello people, just a quick question.
I finished my application on aug 11th, submitted my cDAT scores on aug 20th, and got review e-mail.
However, I am not getting any e-mail back about whether they completed reviewing my application or not.
Also, NSU is not showing up on my AADSAS school decision section.
Should I just take it as the mild rejection or send them an inquiry email about it?
Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:
Hello people, just a quick question.
I finished my application on aug 11th, submitted my cDAT scores on aug 20th, and got review e-mail.
However, I am not getting any e-mail back about whether they completed reviewing my application or not.
Also, NSU is not showing up on my AADSAS school decision section.
Should I just take it as the mild rejection or send them an inquiry email about it?
Thank you very much in advance.

Hey, I had the same issue, Nova was not showing up on my AADSAS school decision section, and it was maiedl on 7/15 and the new DAT 8/26. I just received the interview invite. I would recommend you to email them.

Status
Not open for further replies.