*** The Official Nova Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I had the same issue, Nova was not showing up on my AADSAS school decision section, and it was maiedl on 7/15 and the new DAT 8/26. I just received the interview invite. I would recommend you to email them.
Yup I just sent them an email :)
I hope I get the same result as well haha

Members don't see this ad.

Hello people, just a quick question.
I finished my application on aug 11th, submitted my cDAT scores on aug 20th, and got review e-mail.
However, I am not getting any e-mail back about whether they completed reviewing my application or not.
Also, NSU is not showing up on my AADSAS school decision section.
Should I just take it as the mild rejection or send them an inquiry email about it?
Thank you very much in advance.

Nova showed in my AADSAS decisions until I got an interview with the status "invited for interview." It actually took like 2 weeks for it to show up after getting the interview invite.

Nova showed in my AADSAS decisions until I got an interview with the status "invited for interview." It actually took like 2 weeks for it to show up after getting the interview invite.
I see, thank you for the reply.
I guess I just need to be more patient :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! For those that have had their interview recently, how was it? :) Mind sharing some tips?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! For those that have had their interview recently, how was it? :) Mind sharing some tips?
I enjoyed every moment of it. Just be yourself and have fun! :) Ask questions!

Reactions: 1 user
:/ I sent my app in by July 19th, had my new DAT scores verified by the start of August, got the application complete phone call during the last week of August, and now nothing. :(

Hi everyone, I was just wondering once you get the PDF of your app sent to you on email, what happens after? And roughly what is the time frame for most people? I know it varies but just curious what happened next for you guys after that PDF email.

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone, I was just wondering once you get the PDF of your app sent to you on email, what happens after? And roughly what is the time frame for most people? I know it varies but just curious what happened next for you guys after that PDF email.

Thanks in advance.
After i received the pdf email 8/8 at 2:03 PST, I received an interview invite 2 days later on 8/10 2:03pm PST. They also called me the day before 8/9 saying my app was complete.

Literally it was:
8/8 (email with PDF of app)
8/9 personal call to tell me everything was complete and under review.
8/10 Interview email

Also my app was electronically submitted 7/26 and mailed out 8/5

Hope that helps!

After i received the pdf email 8/8 at 2:03 PST, I received an interview invite 2 days later on 8/10 2:03pm PST. They also called me the day before 8/9 saying my app was complete.

Literally it was:
8/10 Interview email

Hope that helps!
You are so awesome. Thank you so much! Btw hoping I get as lucky as you ahah. Yeah I just sent my supplemental yesterday so my app was complete yesterday too for this school lol and I got this email today.

You are so awesome. Thank you so much! Btw hoping I get as lucky as you ahah. Yeah I just sent my supplemental yesterday so my app was complete yesterday too for this school lol and I got this email today.
that sounds like what happened to me, everything happened so quickly! They work fast..good luck and hope you hear good news this week ;)

how big is their incoming class? do you think its too late to add??

Members don't see this ad :)

Literally it was:
8/10 Interview email

Hope that helps!
that sounds like what happened to me, everything happened so quickly! They work fast..good luck and hope you hear good news this week ;)
I got the phone call today exactly 24 hours after the PDF :|||||. Now I wait in agony. Hahah (or maybe get as lucky as you)

I got the phone call today exactly 24 hours after the PDF :|||||. Now I wait in agony. Hahah (or maybe get as lucky as you)

How funny..maybe they do really send invites out on Wednesdays bc I got mine on a Wednesday (Aug 10). Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How long does the actual interview part take?
Also was it one on one or a panel?
Thanks!

Have an interview next Thursday! any tips? I'm getting nervous

I got interviewed on August 31st by Dr. Keller. We talked about my family, art, his daughter, my reading skills. And nothing to do with dentistry. All they want to see is your interpersonal skills. How you hold a conversation and your personality. The interview lasted like 40-45 mins as I was the last one but damn it was like talking to a friend. This will be the most laid back interview ever. Trust me, just be yourself and talk to them like you'd talk to a friend and you will be golden.

Reactions: 3 users
I got interviewed on August 31st by Dr. Keller. We talked about my family, art, his daughter, my reading skills. And nothing to do with dentistry. All they want to see is your interpersonal skills. How you hold a conversation and your personality. The interview lasted like 40-45 mins as I was the last one but damn it was like talking to a friend. This will be the most laid back interview ever. Trust me, just be yourself and talk to them like you'd talk to a friend and you will be golden.
Thanks for your input! but isn't everyone interviewed by a different faculty member? I'm thinking some might be laid back... some might not

Supplemental was submitted July 10th and I haven't heard anything back. :( AA 19 GPA 3.8 In state

I'm going to call today. Do I have a shot with those stats or do you think they are aiming higher this year?
Honestly. I really can't say anymore about this cycle. My app was complete this Monday got the call it's under review this Tuesday and I don't even know what they are looking for. So many people with stats all over get interviews it's just so hard to pinpoint. But, if I could generalize, it's getting a bit more competitive each year. But then again, the whole profile comes into play... Personal statement EC's whatever. So complicated but my guess is you should be well rounded. Ugh. This is such a hit and miss loll

Definitely make the call. The woman who called me was really sweet and helpful.

I am a Georgia resident, my AADSAS was verified on 7/20, I received the supplemental application from NOVA on 7/25 and completed it shortly after (along with the 50.00 payment.) I received a phone call saying that they received my submission, however I took the DAT for the first time on 8/30 and submitted my scores to them. My scores were verified on 9/15. I have not heard back from them about an interview, nor have I received a phone call about my scores being received. While other schools that I have applied to have listed they received my scores, NOVA is not even showing on my AADSAS school decisions page.

Should I email or call them to ask if they received my scores? Or is it better to not contact them?

Honestly. I really can't say anymore about this cycle. My app was complete this Monday got the call it's under review this Tuesday and I don't even know what they are looking for. So many people with stats all over get interviews it's just so hard to pinpoint. But, if I could generalize, it's getting a bit more competitive each year. But then again, the whole profile comes into play... Personal statement EC's whatever. So complicated but my guess is you should be well rounded. Ugh. This is such a hit and miss loll

Definitely make the call. The woman who called me was really sweet and helpful.

That was very helpful! Thank you for the advice. I wish it was less random but I will definitely give them a call.
Ps- Goodluck

I am a Georgia resident, my AADSAS was verified on 7/20, I received the supplemental application from NOVA on 7/25 and completed it shortly after (along with the 50.00 payment.) I received a phone call saying that they received my submission, however I took the DAT for the first time on 8/30 and submitted my scores to them. My scores were verified on 9/15. I have not heard back from them about an interview, nor have I received a phone call about my scores being received. While other schools that I have applied to have listed they received my scores, NOVA is not even showing on my AADSAS school decisions page.

Should I email or call them to ask if they received my scores? Or is it better to not contact them?
Call. Or else you'll have to wait till Monday lol. They're really nice and willing to help. Goodluck :)

Thanks for your input! but isn't everyone interviewed by a different faculty member? I'm thinking some might be laid back... some might not
Everyone came out with a happy smile on their face and said it was amazing. Like I mentioned before I was the last one to get interviewed along with two other people. So I remember the reactions of each and every applicant. The only girl who had a bad experience was the one who went before me and her interview was with Keller ! After her, it was my turn and my interview was wonderful. So out of 24 people that got interviewed only one had a negative experience. Take control of your interview. You decide what you want to talk about. I just kind of went with the flow. The interviewers on Aug 31st were Dr. Lippmann, Dr. Keller, Mrs. Su-Ann Zarrett and Dr. Quinto (or something with a Q, he came in later to replace Zarrett, so I don't remember the name). But just relax, take a deep breathe and be yourself. This will probably be the most laid back interview you will ever have.

Last edited:
I received a rejection letter yesterday from Nova. Best of luck to all of you.

I received a rejection letter yesterday from Nova. Best of luck to all of you.
Wow, when did you get interviewed and may I ask you your stats? Also, I am extremely sorry :( I hope you get accepted to other dental schools. Good luck !

Wow, when did you get interviewed and may I ask you your stats? Also, I am extremely sorry :( I hope you get accepted to other dental schools. Good luck !

I didn't even receive an interview. Undergrad GPA ~3.0. Grad GPA 4.0 (two Master's - Bio and Chem). DAT 19AA/19TS. 400 hours shadowing with 2 general dentists and an OMFS. A lot of community service through a service fraternity.

I didn't even receive an interview. Undergrad GPA ~3.0. Grad GPA 4.0 (two Master's - Bio and Chem). DAT 19AA/19TS. 400 hours shadowing with 2 general dentists and an OMFS. A lot of community service through a service fraternity.

Your stats look great ! 4.0 in grad school is HARD ! I don't really understand your lack of interview. However, I really, REALLY hope you make it somewhere. Good luck to you, keep us updated.

Thank you. I might call them some time next week to ask why I got rejected and let you guys know why. I have three interviews elsewhere, so it's no big deal, but it would have been nice to have a shot at Nova.

Definitely call, like you my scores were updated on AADSAS but when I went and asked about my application I was told that they had not yet received my official scores for whatever reason. Also, Nova didn't show up on my school decisions page until I got the interview invite.

Thank you. I might call them some time next week to ask why I got rejected and let you guys know why. I have three interviews elsewhere, so it's no big deal, but it would have been nice to have a shot at Nova.
Yes, please let us know ! Your updates are much appreciated.

Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay at that is affordable and close to campus? Or would Airbnb be cheaper?

How long usually to hear back once you have a complete application? I am OOS pretty decent stats.

How long usually to hear back once you have a complete application? I am OOS pretty decent stats.
1 day, to one month, to several months... No telling that's the worst part.

What's the price there? I was just gonna roll with an air bnb because they all seemed like they're cheaper than hotels.

Received invitation for an interview!!! The available dates are far out in January...should I call to try and get an earlier date or stick to January??

Received invitation for an interview!!! The available dates are far out in January...should I call to try and get an earlier date or stick to January??

It wouldn't hurt to call and try to get an earlier date :)

If you don't mind me asking, when was your application filed as complete and waiting review?

If you don't mind me asking, when was your application filed as complete and waiting review?

Mine was actually not showing up on AADSAS, and I hadn't heard anything about my application being complete like every other school I applied to. I called NOVA last week (I think Wednesday) and they hadn't received my DAT scores. They put my in queue to update my application so that it could be reviewed that Friday (apparently they review applications on Fridays). The following Monday I received invitation to invite. That probably doesn't help you, but hang in there! Still plenty of time!!

Mine was actually not showing up on AADSAS, and I hadn't heard anything about my application being complete like every other school I applied to. I called NOVA last week (I think Wednesday) and they hadn't received my DAT scores. They put my in queue to update my application so that it could be reviewed that Friday (apparently they review applications on Fridays). The following Monday I received invitation to invite. That probably doesn't help you, but hang in there! Still plenty of time!!
hahaha so much information! thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.