The Official November 7, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M.D.orbust

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I am signed up for this date. 8:00 a.m. Yikes!!! I am aiming hard to make 40+ my reality so hence me making this thread so early. A former lab- mate and current medical student had a ton of MCAT prep stuff she gave to me. So I have the Examcrackers set, Hyperlearning set, regular Princeton Review, audio osmosis, and practice MCAT tests from a variety of sources I also do the MCAT questions a day through email and on my phone (to help with super quick recall). I am officially studying legitimately now. Currently starting with Examcrackers. I'd love to hear from you all doing the same. Let's do this!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Guys I'm seriously thinking I lost out on like a maximum of 10-12 questions in BS. Anyone else feeling the same ?

Members don't see this ad :)
dont want to sound lame, but the only people I would want to hang out for one month are those who took the MCAT because this will be stuck in my mind till the 9th. Do I just have issues or others feeling the same?

Members don't see this ad :)
And speaking of the new one I graduated a year ago. I've never taken biochem, so now if i have to take the new one, it looks like I'll have to take a biochem course .....grrrr.

This is one of my biggest reasons for not taking the new mcat.

Are you taking the new one then ?

I don't know! Depending on whether I get a date I will take it in January. But at the same time, I want a break from studying for this damned test lol! Maybe the 2015 test isn't so bad. I remember when I started studying for this test I thought it was the most daunting thing ever. But after studying for a month or two I started realizing that this is doable. We'll see I guess and just pray for me haha!

And speaking of the new one I graduated a year ago. I've never taken biochem, so now if i have to take the new one, it looks like I'll have to take a biochem course .....grrrr.

Biochem is an awesome course. Even as a biomedical engineering major, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was challenging but very interesting and a nice course to have under your belt for medical school. Don't be scared, it will be tough, but worth it for sure!

Biochem is an awesome course! Even as a biomedical engineering major, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was challenging but very interesting and a nice course to have under your belt for medical school. Don't be scared, it will be tough, but worth it for sure!

Well ideally if you've taken ethics of sociology how hard can it be ? Those classes are a joke. I envision the new MCAT as slightly easier in that regard. Those are common sense classes mixed with abstruse verbiage that anyone can decipher . It is what it is. Thx for the encouragement mates .

I had a hard time falling asleep because I couldn't stop thinking about the test and did not want to have nightmares lol. Anyone have any mcat nightmares?

I dont remember much from PS but two questions. Both which I knew how to do but had to guess cause of time. I am afraid of working them out and finding out the answer.... so I am just trying to forget but its hard haha :(

Every time I think about it I get mad at myself for the stupid mistakes I made. So I'm trying to just not think about the score for a few weeks... Easier said than done lol But honestly, though, I do think I will be about three or four points below my FL average. Very unsettling. MCAT 2015, here I come.

Well no dates left hmph hmph. Looks like I'm going to be sitting for the 2015 exam :'(

Do you guys think I did the right thing voiding my test? I guessed an entire verbal passage :/

My state medical school have a 31.9 average and something like a 30 for the other one. Kentucky ain't so bad in terms of admission :)

Well no dates left hmph hmph. Looks like I'm going to be sitting for the 2015 exam :'(

Do you guys think I did the right thing voiding my test? I guessed an entire verbal passage :/

My state medical school have a 31.9 average and something like a 30 for the other one. Kentucky ain't so bad in terms of admission :)

No, if there is only 5 question in that verbal passage and you pick the same letter there is a large chance you will get 2 correct. So you will have a -3 but that still leave you 7-9 question total you could get wrong between the other 6 passages and still get a 10. Also if you ran short on time in the other 6 passages that means you probably got tripped up on an experimental question.

Last edited:
No, if there is only 5 question in that verbal passage and you pick the same letter there is a large chance you will get 2 correct. So you will have a -3 but that still leave you 7-9 question total you could get wrong between the other 6 passages and still get a 10. Also if you ran short on time in the other 6 passages that means you probably got tripped up on an experimental question.

There are experimental questions within the actual verbal section?

I had to completely guess on one passage on a FL and i somehow got them all correct. You never know.

If it was your first time taking it, you should have scored it. No need to dwell on it. I'm sure you will find an MCaT date

Bio having a regular scale? I'm most worried about biology.
Are you talking about the new MCAT?

From the description, it looks horrible . Like there is an ACT to the SAT, another medical school test needs to be developed. One group should not have this monopoly

From the description, it looks horrible . Like there is an ACT to the SAT, another medical school test needs to be developed. One group should not have this monopoly[/QUOTE]

In regards to
The test we just took . I couldnt Guage the difficulty of our November 7th bio administration .

If
From the description, it looks horrible . Like there is an ACT to the SAT, another medical school test needs to be developed. One group should not have this monopoly

In regards to
The test we just took . I couldnt Guage the difficulty of our November 7th bio administration .[/QUOTE]
if you look at AAMC practice exams 10 and 11, the curve for a 10 on BS is not bad . I think on 10 if you get 13 wrong, you still get a 10 on BS

. That's giving me hope

As I said before, I really can't fathom how they think it's reasonable to have a 7+ hour admission test when NO OTHER TEST you take in med school is 7+ hours. It boggles my mind.

As I said before, I really can't fathom how they think it's reasonable to have a 7+ hour admission test when NO OTHER TEST you take in med school is 7+ hours. It boggles my mind.

They are making physical sciences into a hybrid bio and physics section. The description is that it will be on the physics of biology . It is insane.

They are making physical sciences into a hybrid bio and physics section. The description is that it will be on the physics of biology . It is insane.

It's really depressing thinking about the possibility of having to take the new test... And angering that they would implement such an unreasonable test.

I am currently freaking out because I can not remember what one of the Bio passages was about... like I skipped it :(:blackeye::bang::bang::bang:. This is going to be a long month.

"No Sites are available for selected location. Please try your search again."

This is what it says for EVERY UPCOMING DATE! Aghhh!

Just for the record, I think boards are 8+ hrs without breaks... with breaks it's 10 hours :claps:

Good news: there're openings in Illinois on December 6th, which is before we'll know whether we'll have to take it again or not, so it's actually bad news...

Good news: there're openings in Illinois on December 6th, which is before we'll know whether we'll have to take it again or not, so it's actually bad news...

Aw man you made me excited! I just checked and there isn't anything there... only Qatar, Kazakhstan, and Thailand :(