The Official November 7, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M.D.orbust

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I am signed up for this date. 8:00 a.m. Yikes!!! I am aiming hard to make 40+ my reality so hence me making this thread so early. A former lab- mate and current medical student had a ton of MCAT prep stuff she gave to me. So I have the Examcrackers set, Hyperlearning set, regular Princeton Review, audio osmosis, and practice MCAT tests from a variety of sources I also do the MCAT questions a day through email and on my phone (to help with super quick recall). I am officially studying legitimately now. Currently starting with Examcrackers. I'd love to hear from you all doing the same. Let's do this!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
Blinded by me, you can't see a thing
Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
MCAT
MCAT

MCAT, MCAT, where's the dreams that I've been after?
MCAT, MCAT, you promised only lies
Laughter, Laughter, all I hear or see is laughter
Laughter, Laughter, laughing at my cries

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
T Minus 5-7 hours! Wanted to wish everyone good luck. Just remember, this is just another hurdle on our path towards a career in medicine. Stay positive everyone and see you on the other side!

Reactions: 1 users
Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
Blinded by me, you can't see a thing
Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
MCAT
MCAT

MCAT, MCAT, where's the dreams that I've been after?
MCAT, MCAT, you promised only lies
Laughter, Laughter, all I hear or see is laughter
Laughter, Laughter, laughing at my cries

Possibly the best lyric edit ever.

Good luck to you all! I took on Oct. 21st, got a bad score, and am retaking in January. So, whatever the outcome today, just remember that eventually the clouds will lift and you'll find a new path and new inspiration for pursuing this dream.

Prayers for success comin' your way, Nov. 7th-ers!

Reactions: 4 users
mean.png

i'm eating a lot of cookies today between now and 5pm
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

also, this is what life feels like right now. praying to the big man for a miracle today.
May-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favor.gif

Of course my luck. Bad day at work, cracked my iPad screen and now waiting on scores. Oh and it's raining in my area. Let's see how bad this day gets

Members don't see this ad :)
An indication of what is to come of this day. Also - final exam for one of the most difficult grad courses I've ever taken, from 2-5 PM. I'm DYING.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 12.39.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 12.39.37 PM.png
    83 KB · Views: 102
remember... the ipad wasn't your fault!

look at your warranty (if applicable) before you call. know how it works. it may not cover falls.

Last edited:
Lol how else should I explain a cracked screen

idk. you could try googling "how can an ipad screen crack?" lol. maybe that it was just in your backpack, no falls, no pointy objects, didn't fall into anything/hit anything, no insanely heavy books and when you got it out again, it was cracked.

of course I cannot advise you to falsify your response for an official/legal warranty. I just don't know how your screen got cracked :) just trying to refresh your memory as to how it might have happened.

Good luck everyone!!! I scored in the 94th percentile, so please inbox me if u are struggling and/or looking for a shoulder. I am in no way a genius or someone who is always at the top of the class, so even us underdogs can ace it and I'd love to help you if I can. I was accepted to med school this year I'll be starting in the fall :D. I want to emphasize the underdog. I rocked a 2.8 GPA in 1st and 2nd year, and then rocked a 34 MCAT (11VR 12 PS 11 BS) so please if u are like me im here to help :)
I wish I saw this a while back ago. To say I'm an underdog would be an understatement. Waiting to get my score back today. Hoping for the best.

idk. you could try googling "how can an ipad screen crack?" lol. maybe that it was just in your backpack, no falls, no pointy objects, didn't fall into anything/hit anything, no insanely heavy books and when you got it out again, it was cracked.

of course I cannot advise you to falsify your response for an official/legal warranty. I just don't know how your screen got cracked :) just trying to refresh your memory as to how it might have happened.
Ok thanks lol. Unfortunately I just saw that it's under accidental damage so the warranty doesn't cover it...blahhh

I wish I saw this a while back ago. To say I'm an underdog would be an understatement. Waiting to get my score back today. Hoping for the best.
Inspirational. I don't know whether or not to look at my scores since I'm going to be working from 3-11 or should I just wait until after work

they have posted two different times... sounds like they don't even know when they are being released lol.

I have a theory that they say 5 pm so that if they can't post today, it will be too late to accept calls.

Reactions: 3 users
"Hey, Frank, can you press the enter key and put those scores up?"
"Sure."
*presses enter key and posts scores*

There you go! Job done! C'mon!

Reactions: 1 users
"Hey, Frank, can you press the enter key and put those scores up?"
"Sure."
*presses enter key and posts scores*

There you go! Job done! C'mon!

Frank - "Oh, yeah I suppose I could get to that. I've been working on building up the energy to do so over the last 4 weeks"

Reactions: 2 users
Don't you guys think they have the scores a lot sooner than 30 days? They must do this to keep disappointed test-takers from reregistering too fast