***The Official NYU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

iwillbedds

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hoping to be part of this Class!!! Who else has NYU as their first choice and why?:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow.... 360 Seats!!! I want to go here because I had lots of surgeries in the dental clinic to correct my malocclusion!!! Its my wish to be more than a patient there :)

Last edited:
Applying to NYU because i live 10 minutes away and i love NYC. But i dont think there is a priority in the order you apply to schools. you just choose and they all get sent out the same time but NYU will be my priority number one school if i get accepted

Spoke with admission and looks like they are a little behind, Lady said they have apps but have not done anything with them yet..

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah i emailed asking if they had my check and she said not yet. so i agree. looks like they are behind =(

my check has not been cashed by nyu but i just received an email from them today. But even in the email it said that they have not received my application fee yet.

my check has not been cashed by nyu but i just received an email from them today. But even in the email it said that they have not received my application fee yet.

I think I got the same email. Sent in my application fee on June 19th. Don't know if I should be worried. I'm just assuming they haven't compiled it all yet. I was second batch.

This is all so stressful!

So after we submit the AADSAS app, we have to submit a separate check for NYU?

so I heard NYU weeds out like 50% of their students. PLEASE don't ask me for sources. It's been going around everywhere on this forum and just outside sources (which I will not name).

can anyone confirm this? Maybe the number is wrong, but I heard NYU is pretty infamous for kicking out a relatively large number of students compared to other schools.

yeah, it would make sense for a school to excise half of its potential tuition revenue.

so I heard NYU weeds out like 50% of their students. PLEASE don't ask me for sources. It's been going around everywhere on this forum and just outside sources (which I will not name).

can anyone confirm this? Maybe the number is wrong, but I heard NYU is pretty infamous for kicking out a relatively large number of students compared to other schools.

Nope, just a rumor.

Best of luck on your applications, everyone :)

yeah, it would make sense for a school to excise half of its potential tuition revenue.

You should learn how to post without resorting to sardonic, condescending remarks - and I am not just referring to this specific post either. It's a recurring pattern of all your posts

You should learn how to post without resorting to sardonic, condescending remarks - and I am not just referring to this specific post either. It's a recurring pattern of all your posts

my fingers were crossed when i submitted that post...so it doesn't count.

To be fair, that rumor is a popular one, and one that hasn't officially been debunked. I've personally heard it from a past graduate of NYU. She graduated a while ago in 2000 though, so the situation is probably different now.

amen.

my fingers were crossed when i submitted that post...so it doesn't count.

I imagine this person to be one of those outcasts who wear the same dress pants and shirt every single day and are always preoccupied with their only little weird ***** hobby.

So lets say the avg. school has 70 students and every year 3 people drop out for various reasons. Well, NYU has close to 6x as many students as the avg. class and thus may report losing 20+ individuals. This occurs not because NYU would like it to, but because the odds are larger with a larger class size.

I imagine this person to be one of those outcasts who wear the same dress pants and shirt every single day and are always preoccupied with their only little weird ***** hobby.

stay mad.

So lets say the avg. school has 70 students and every year 3 people drop out for various reasons. Well, NYU has close to 6x as many students as the avg. class and thus may report losing 20+ individuals. This occurs not because NYU would like it to, but because the odds are larger with a larger class size.

Yes youre right in that more people are cut (cuz of larger class), but the percentage is no different.

NYU doesn't weed anyone out. If anyone truly thinks this, then he/she is unaware. From a business perspective, how advantageous would it be to cut a student? School fees are ~75k a year.

Read the ADEA book. Become aware. smh.

Last edited:
NYU doesn't weed anyone out. If anyone truly thinks this, then he/she is unaware. From a business perspective, how advantageous would it be to cut a student? School fees are ~75k a year.

Read the ADEA book. Become aware. smh.

+100 lol... No school wants any kids to be weeded out. Not only does it look better for the school but they make more money... Logic people!

Yes youre right in that more people are cut (cuz of larger class), but the percentage is no different.

By no means did I use the word cut! In general a couple people just can't hack it at any school. NYU is an amazing school!

Got an email saying that my application is now complete and under review.

Got my application received and under review email July 10

oh man, I submitted my app on the June 4th with everything and still haven't heard back after mailing check

Got an email today saying that they received AADSAS and how to submit the check (already mailed it a few days ago). Waiting for email to say app is complete and ready to be reviewed. I applied 3rd batch (July 12th).

I just got an email from NYU saying my app is complete and under review!

Just got the email, app is complete and ready

Re-applicant for NYU and y application is already under review!

It is hard to predict about NYU decision, large pool of applicants, big class size, they send out a lot of rejections by December!

Overal gpa 3.42
Science gpa 3.55

AA 19
TS 19
RC 20
QR 24
PAT 19
Lowest is 17