***The Official NYU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Is anyone interviewing tomorrow

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed last week, did anyone hear back from the school yet?

For those who interviewed last week, did anyone hear back from the school yet?
I interviewed last week and have not heard back yet! I called but no one answered. I'm going to call tomorrow I need to know soon!!! I really loved NYU

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted via email Feb 3rd interviewed 2.5 weeks ago... GL everyone

If you just started your Masters, then I'm assuming NYU and co. do not have any grades for you yet. Did you update AADSAS, and send in your transcripts so that they could blast your most recent semester grades out to everybody? I can personally attest to Masters classes being much, much more difficult than undergrad classes, so if I were a dental school, I would either want those grades, or see that degree in hand before extending offers.

I updated my masters transcript and immediately was offered an interview at NYU. Fortunately, I was offered an acceptance at another school, so I will decline my interview position. I hope this gives others who love NYC and NYU an opportunity to interview there! I loved the school when I interviewed last year, but it would be hard (for me) to live in NYC for 4 years. I need fresh air, mountains, and man was that place expensive!

Last edited:
I just got an interview invite. Would anyone suggest any 'relatively' cheap hotels to stay at near NYUCD

I just got an interview invite. Would anyone suggest any 'relatively' cheap hotels to stay at near NYUCD

I stayed at the Ramada Eastside at 161 Lexington Avenue and 30th Street. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the school, so it's a place worth considering.

Hostels are the way to go in NYC. I stayed at New York Budget Inn for $50 per night. It was off 34th, about a 10 minute walk from the school.

I just interviewed yesterday and stayed at Affinia Manhatten for 132 out the door per night. 1.5 miles from the school. Taxi costs 10
Bucks or you can walk.

got an interview invite today! can anyone plz give me some advice on how to prepare for it? its my first time interviewing

Interviewed yesterday and got accepted today via email!

Received a $20,000 yearly scholarship with the acceptance packet. If my mind wasn't already made up, it is now!
congrats on your scholarship. They only give 20 scholarship out a year. So consider yourself a well valued candidate.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on Thursday Jan 30th. They told us that we would find out this week, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I called them today and they said their decisions are going to take until next week now. Is there anyone else who interviewed the last week of January still waiting to hear back as well? Or do you think the receptionist made a mistake in telling me that it will take another week of deliberation. Thanks

Does the acceptance packet they send you give you more info on where to send your deposit and how long you have?

Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked? Or if we can find out where we stand on it?

I interviewed on Thursday Jan 30th. They told us that we would find out this week, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I called them today and they said their decisions are going to take until next week now. Is there anyone else who interviewed the last week of January still waiting to hear back as well? Or do you think the receptionist made a mistake in telling me that it will take another week of deliberation. Thanks
I interviewed on Jan 30th and just got accepted via email

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed February 5th and just got accepted!

Accepted! Jan 30 interview... Any other Canadians in the house? Looking forward to meeting everyone

Interviewed on Jan 30th as well. Acceptance via email!

Accepted! Jan 30 interview... Any other Canadians in the house? Looking forward to meeting everyone

Canadian too! Interviewed Feb 5th and got my acceptance email this afternoon!

I got rejected and am quite confused.

My stats:
Canadian citizen

BCP 3.91
Science 3.92
Non-Science 3.77
Total 3.88

Canadian DAT: 21AA, 22PAT

130+hrs dental assistant
700+ volunteer in youth group
Plus others

Registered in September. Heard back today via email with NO interview.

Thoughts?

My stats:
Canadian citizen

BCP 3.91
Science 3.92
Non-Science 3.77
Total 3.88

130+hrs dental assistant
Plus others

Thoughts?

Could it be that your stat is too high and they prob think you are applying to NYU just as a safety school??

Just some reasons I believe I got an acceptance.
If you want to go to NYU, its best to show interest.
Although I applied to many schools, I dropped hints in my app that NY was the state i'd like to attend dental school because it's where I have family. Also, one of the dentists I shadowed works in an underserved area of NYC and wrote me a good letter.
My interviewer and I ended up having a chat about how I can speak 3 languages fluently and he can speak 4 and I think he really liked that:highfive:
I also volunteered going to poor elementary schools and giving eye and dental care. Which is on par with the local outreach programs they have going on.

Last edited:

My stats:
Canadian citizen

BCP 3.91
Science 3.92
Non-Science 3.77
Total 3.88

130+hrs dental assistant
Plus others

Thoughts?
There are a couple reasons. First and foremost dont listen to what the person above me wrote "your grades are too good"... no offence but that is one of the more stupid things I've read on this forum ... One reason is for some reason you got the wrong person to write you a reference letter. The person writing the reference letter may have "red flagged" you and said that you are not an appropriate candidate for whatever reason. Another reason could be because they didn't like your personal essay. Third, they could have made a mistake (hopefully). Make sure to definitely get in touch with them. Call/Email etc.

my interviewer said i had the best answer she'd ever heard for why I want to attend NYU and I got waitlisted. i also have a ton of outreach type stuff, that's mostly all I talked about in my interview...this is process is kind of the luck of the draw i guess.

I will make the Facebook group if there isn't one already. I will make it tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon if no one posts by then telling me there is one up. See you all in the fall!

My stats:
Canadian citizen

BCP 3.91
Science 3.92
Non-Science 3.77
Total 3.88

130+hrs dental assistant
Plus others

Thoughts?
I think that NYU does a lot of accepting people that they think will go there. They probably think your too good for them and you might be lol

So I interviewed Jan 17 and have yet to hear anything back from admissions.. Anyone else in the same situation?

I will make the Facebook group if there isn't one already. I will make it tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon if no one posts by then telling me there is one up. See you all in the fall!
There's one already made, it was posted on here a few pages back