***The Official NYU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Have an interview on Feb 19th any advice?! anyone else interviewing the same day?

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrew from NYU interview. Good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU is a great school, and if you want to experience the fast pace, urban, diverse culture city living NYC will be great for you. Got into my top choice school, and I need my car, mountain and fresh air so I'm going to withdraw from NYU. Good luck everyone who hasn't heard back, stay positive. Congratz to those who got accepted, you earned it. Dentistry rocks!

Interviewed Jan 23rd and got waitlisted on Feb 3.

just got in! interviewed jan 17 :)

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if NYU sends rejects after the interview or just waitlists and acceptances??

I applied 12/13, got an interview offer on 1/24, I interviewed on 2/7, and I got accepted today (2/13) via email!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed February 12th

ACCEPTED February 14th (and a happy valentines day to you too NYU;))

safe to say my interview went very well!

see you all in September !

Interviewed 2/13. I just got the in email. Loved NYUCD. So happy!!

Last edited:
Interviewed 11/6. Got accepted off the waitlist today!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!!! :):cigar::love::)

Members don't see this ad :)
Received a $20,000 yearly scholarship with the acceptance packet. If my mind wasn't already made up, it is now!

I received this scholarship as well with my application packet! Do you by any chance know what its base off of?! IM SO EXCITED TO ATTEND IN THE FALL!

My application got sent on December 13th, but still no reply back from NYU other than the email they sent saying they received the application and its under review. Is this a good sign or no?

My application got sent on December 13th, but still no reply back from NYU other than the email they sent saying they received the application and its under review. Is this a good sign or no?
Mine was received October- still no word!

I think Nyu still has about ~ 1/3 of its class left to fill and they interview until later. Theres still a chance for people. GL everyone.

Accepted! Received email and packet on its way! Interviewed on 2/6.

Last edited:
Anyone interview on Feb 12th with me? I'm curious who got in out of all of us (if so see you in August!)

I also heard that NYU will continue accepting until the end of FEB and only after that will they chip away at the waitlist (could be wrong with that tough - just told by a D3 there)

I think Nyu still has about ~ 1/3 of its class left to fill and they interview until later. Theres still a chance for people. GL everyone.

That's still a ton of seats. Am I right?

If that stat is right there's about 120 seats left.
but they interview until the end of Feb so there's still more applicants unfortunately to compete with.

Just got to keep the faith while looking at your other schools.
Good luck!

Anyone interview on Feb 12th with me? I'm curious who got in out of all of us (if so see you in August!)

I also heard that NYU will continue accepting until the end of FEB and only after that will they chip away at the waitlist (could be wrong with that tough - just told by a D3 there)
I called the other day and spoke with Dr. Mejia- she said they continue interviews until April.

That's still a ton of seats. Am I right?

I was told the class is 2/3 full when I interviewed on 2/13.

FB page has 218 students including a few D2's, D3's and D4's. Accounting for some room for error, that would mean that there's room for 100+ students to fill the class.

I interviewed on 2/12 and was also accepted on 2/14. :):)

For those of you deciding to attend NYU, did you have acceptances other places and decided to just NYU for certain reasons?

For those of you deciding to attend NYU, did you have acceptances other places and decided to just NYU for certain reasons?
The new building that will be completed in 2015 is looking awesome

what are we dental students going to be doing in that building (classes and clinic)? and how far is it from the current building?

Interviewed on 2/14.. Still no emails.. I'm seeing ppl getting acceptances in less than a week (my friend interviewed on 2/11 and got her acceptance email on 2/14 while I was on the tour lol). Has anyone had an interview on 2/14 with me?

Has anyone gotten off the wait list from post dec interviews?

Does NYU not do a background check? I didn't see any information about that in my acceptance packet. Also do we not get any information on our physical/immunizations until March?

Interviewed on 2/14 too and no word yet. I too saw that some people who interviewed earlier that week heard back in a couple of days... Dr. Mejia said we'd know in 1 week... Now every time my phone gets an email notification I get so anxious!

Interviewed on 2/14 too and no word yet. I too saw that some people who interviewed earlier that week heard back in a couple of days... Dr. Mejia said we'd know in 1 week... Now every time my phone gets an email notification I get so anxious!

Lol me too.. keep checking my phone during lectures. I also remember Dr. Mejia said one week.. this is just making us so nervoussss im not even sure if i should call them or not.

Anyone know what kind of grades we need to maintain after admission? I know they said they'd send an academic audit out in march but just wondering how important grades are for this last semester

Anyone know what kind of grades we need to maintain after admission? I know they said they'd send an academic audit out in march but just wondering how important grades are for this last semester
I'm guessing you didn't read your acceptance letter? It explicitly says that you must maintain the academic performance in which your acceptance was based off of. So, get good grades. I think multiple C's can get your offer rescinded, from previous posts.

I'm guessing you didn't read your acceptance letter? It explicitly says that you must maintain the academic performance in which your acceptance was based off of. So, get good grades. I think multiple C's can get your offer rescinded, from previous posts.

I'm guessing your an dingus in most day to day interactions. Certain schools stipulate a maximum variation of 5% from your accepted average. The acceptance letter you've read and memorized didn't mention anything concrete which is why i was asking.

I'm guessing your an dingus in most day to day interactions. Certain schools stipulate a maximum variation of 5% from your accepted average. The acceptance letter you've read and memorized didn't mention anything concrete which is why i was asking.
Woahhhhh I wasn't trying to be mean. It does say that you should get the same grades you've been getting. Sure, it doesn't say something like 3.5+ concrete, but you get the point.

Edit: Sorry if what you read sounded like I was condescending.

Reactions: 2 users
Woahhhhh I wasn't trying to be mean. It does say that you should get the same grades you've been getting. Sure, it doesn't say something like 3.5+ concrete, but you get the point.

Edit: Sorry if what you read sounded like I was condescending.

I can attest to the fact that Gaucho4Life is super nice haha they gave me advice on multiple occasions.
As well, they are correct as I read the exact same thing in my letter.
Let's not all fly off the handle here haha.

My hopes for getting in this year are diminishing with every passing day that I don't hear back from NYU!
I had good stats, just ruined everything with my DAT - took it on a day I was sick and did HORRIBLE.
I didn't want to have to take the year off :'(

My hopes for getting in this year are diminishing with every passing day that I don't hear back from NYU!
I had good stats, just ruined everything with my DAT - took it on a day I was sick and did HORRIBLE.
I'm pretty sure they are still interviewing... Anything is possible! Keep hope alive!

Call them up and let them know how interested you are. They really want you to hound them, at this point you've got nothing to lose!

I got accepted a couple weeks ago but I'm declining.... I got into my #1. Good luck to all of you!!!! :)

(sigh) my wife and I decided to give up my spot although it's the only place I've got in so far. So it's a leap of faith but NYU didn't seem like the right place for us to go. So good luck to whoever takes my spot! NYU is an awesome school and you will walk away with an excellent education.

Call them up and let them know how interested you are. They really want you to hound them, at this point you've got nothing to lose!
I haveeee! Never get to directly speak to Dr. Mejia. All they tell me is that my application is still under review

I haveeee! Never get to directly speak to Dr. Mejia. All they tell me is that my application is still under review
If you do a quick search with her name, you should be able to get her office number.