***The Official NYU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Anybody have any updates from NYU? I interviewed 1/10, and was wait-listed. I fell in love with this school when I got to see it, would love to hear from them!

Members don't see this ad.

gave up my spot the other day.... totally LOVED this school and it was one of the hardest decisions ever! but money talked. Hope one of you lucky ducks gets my seat ;) Good luck to y'all!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Lol me too.. keep checking my phone during lectures. I also remember Dr. Mejia said one week.. this is just making us so nervoussss im not even sure if i should call them or not.

Any word yet? I've heard nothing... :scared:If I don't hear by next week I think I just might call. I LOVE NYUCD, I just hope I hear back soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gave up my seat. Loved the school. Too expensive. Money is an important factor.

Good luck everyone!

Any word yet? I've heard nothing... :scared:If I don't hear by next week I think I just might call. I LOVE NYUCD, I just hope I hear back soon.

Nope still nothingggg im hoping for tomorrow because from what ive seen so far it seems like theres a 2-week cycle. All the students from 2 weeks before 2.14 got their emails on 2.14 if you know what i mean lol. NYU is my only choice since im in bsdds program.. cant believe we also had to do interviews but w/e.. just gonna constantly check my emails tmrw. Hope we can get good news by then!!

Nope still nothingggg im hoping for tomorrow because from what ive seen so far it seems like theres a 2-week cycle. All the students from 2 weeks before 2.14 got their emails on 2.14 if you know what i mean lol. NYU is my only choice since im in bsdds program.. cant believe we also had to do interviews but w/e.. just gonna constantly check my emails tmrw. Hope we can get good news by then!!

So you're a 7-year BS/DDS student at NYU? And you have to go through the interview process with all the other prospective students?
I thought your admission was guaranteed as long as you maintain a certain GPA.

So you're a 7-year BS/DDS student at NYU? And you have to go through the interview process with all the other prospective students?
I thought your admission was guaranteed as long as you maintain a certain GPA.

Yeah i have to maintain gpa and get 20 or above on DAT

Has anyone heard back from the school yet?
They were supposed to release the result by March 1st.

I'm thinking that I should call the office but I don't think they work on weekends..

Has anyone heard back from the school yet?
They were supposed to release the result by March 1st.

I'm thinking that I should call the office but I don't think they work on weekends..

I was told Monday at best, but probably Tuesday or Wednesday because of a pending storm.

I was told Monday at best, but probably Tuesday or Wednesday because of a pending storm.
I also called today and the person told me that Dr. Mejia is sending out a bunch of emails in a couple of days. So I'm also thinking next Monday ~ Wednesday but not sure because it's going to snow pretty heavily on Monday in NY.

Oh thanks for that MRZAP!

When did you contact them?

No problem! Talked to Dr. Mejia today (Friday) and she said she was looking at a number of files.

Does anyone know what the timeline is for the summer research program? When do we hear back...when would we start?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when is the background check due? and how?

does anyone know when is the background check due? and how?

NYU does not do a background check, thank god because I'm a criminal, see ya at school!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone that interviewed mid-Feb to end of Feb. hear back yet?

Has anyone that interviewed mid-Feb to end of Feb. hear back yet?
I interviewed Feb 25th and still havent heard anything. didnt they mention at the interview that we will find out in a week?

I interviewed Feb 25th and still havent heard anything. didnt they mention at the interview that we will find out in a week?
Yes! Same here, but I guess they're backed up. Hopefully, we'll hear back soon. If anyone calls admissions, please update us, because I called and all they said is a decision hasn't been made yet. Thanks!

During the interview (Feb. 21) Dr. Mejia informed us that the earliest we'd hear back was March because she was waiting for some students to put down their deposits. She didn't want to over enroll the class. Someone also asked how many seats were left and we didn't get a clear answer other than that there were indeed seats left and we weren't interviewing to be on the wait list.

^^^ One of my earlier posts. I interviewed Feb. 21st. Called Friday, Feb. 28th and Dr. Mejia was looking at a bunch of files.

^^^ One of my earlier posts. I interviewed Feb. 21st. Called Friday, Feb. 28th and Dr. Mejia was looking at a bunch of files.

Just curious, how many interviewees were present on your interview day? Just trying to gauge if they're slowing down on the number of invites or not.

Just curious, how many interviewees were present on your interview day? Just trying to gauge if they're slowing down on the number of invites or not.

Awesome name btw haha there were probably 15 people in my group and we were told that they had opened their interview dates up as of late, from three days a week to five. This leads me to believe that they have a good number of seats left.

Awesome name btw haha there were probably 15 people in my group and we were told that they had opened their interview dates up as of late, from three days a week to five. This leads me to believe that they have a good number of seats left.

Ah, great to know, thanks!

I had called the office this past Monday 3/3. The secretary spoke with Dr. Mejia and said nobody from February 14th and after was notified yet, but that we should know by this week! I interviewed 2/14.

And older posts show people heard back the first week of the month... Mostly by email, some phone calls...

Well I must retract my previous statements. Dr. Mejia says that letters (e-mails) will go out no later than Friday, and if you haven't received one she hasn't looked over your file just yet.

Well I must retract my previous statements. Dr. Mejia says that letters (e-mails) will go out no later than Friday, and if you haven't received one she hasn't looked over your file just yet.
How many times are you calling her?!

So I had my scores updated back in Jan and informed the admissions office of it. I'm still waiting to hear back if I will get in interview or not. Should I start to get worried that I won't be offered on? Is there any advice on what I should do? Thank you! :)

Has anyone from the week of Feb 24th interviews heard anything?

Rejection from NYU today, no interview :)

Rejection from NYU today, no interview :)
Judging by the smiley, I'm guessing you're not too upset lol. Did anyone find out about acceptances? It seems like they're waitlisting everyone for now..

Judging by the smiley, I'm guessing you're not too upset lol. Did anyone find out about acceptances? It seems like they're waitlisting everyone for now..

haha yeah... first, the letter was so nice.... "We recognize and applaud the commitment you have shown to healthcare service and dentistry. Please accept our best wishes for your future endeavors." (awww...)

Second, yeah... I got an acceptance already. :)

Hey, did everyone who interview on Feb.14 or after receive an email?

Interviewed on the 14th and got an acceptance email on last wednesday!

Last edited:
Nope. I don't know how I feel about calling them again... Don't want to be pushy

Last edited:
Did anyone on the waiting list hear back from NYU yet? I am going out of my mind waiting!!