***The Official NYU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Did anyone on the waiting list hear back from NYU yet? I am going out of my mind waiting!!
Nope! I've been on since Dec 2nd

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Dr. Mejia seems impossible to reach! I mean the admissions office just would NOT transfer my call just because I'm a wait-listed applicant. NOT FAIR!

How can I get pass the security bar of the administration to speak to Mejia??

Members don't see this ad :)
do they transfer calls if you are not wait listed and are waiting to hear back.
Well, you can always email right.

Hey guys,

Dr. Mejia seems impossible to reach! I mean the admissions office just would NOT transfer my call just because I'm a wait-listed applicant. NOT FAIR!

How can I get pass the security bar of the administration to speak to Mejia??
I hear you! I got transferred to Richard I believe. He said it wouldn't move until mid April?!?!?!!!

I was wait listed on Dec 2 and got off last month. Try directly emailing Dr. Mejia a letter of interest/intent for all those still wait listed.

Just called the NYU admission office to speak to Dr. Mejia about the wait-list and the secretary person was kinda being rude and told me I can't speak to the admission director directly.. So.. I guess I just have to wait until the wait-list starts to move in April?

Was anyone who's on the wait-list able to speak to Dr. Mejia directly?

Last edited:
Nope. I don't know how I feel about calling them again... Don't want to be pushy

Dr. Mejia did mention that we should hear in about 1-2 weeks right?
I don't know what is going on...I will probably call them on Friday if I do not hear back from them before that.

Dr. Mejia did mention that we should hear in about 1-2 weeks right?
I don't know what is going on...I will probably call them on Friday if I do not hear back from them before that.

Yeah she said that multiple times and it's making me incredibly confused and anxious. I called last Monday and the secretary said that we'd hear back by last Friday... And i didn't.. I don't mind waiting but don't tell me I'd know in a week, and then leave me hanging for 3 weeks, and then I call again and I get told 1 more week and I still don't hear back.... So Idk if I'm on an unwritten waiting list. I feel like I should get a formal notice saying if I am or not on the waiting list. It seems like one of the previous posters on this thread kept calling and got waitlisted.... Which seems like they don't want to be bothered too much.

Never mind, just got an acceptance email from NYUCD.
They just sent it today.

Just got my acceptance today!
Now time to work out the financing...

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted yesterday via email :-\ . I'll send in my updated grades... I think they'll help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking at the previous years' posts, I don't think the wait-list will move not until mid-April.

Looking at the previous years' posts, I don't think the wait-list will move not until mid-April.

The next deposit is due April 1, so you are probably right. There are still people holding their spot while waiting for another school.

Accepted a while ago, posting now. Withdrew! Hope it goes to one of you guys out there :)

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!!

Did you express any further interest since you were waitlisted? I've spoken to her once, called again a month later and left a vmail, sent a loi, even emailed my interviewer. I havent made any contact since.

Waitlisted pre Dec interview.

Did you express any further interest since you were waitlisted? I've spoken to her once, called again a month later and left a vmail, sent a loi, even emailed my interviewer. I havent made any contact since.

Waitlisted pre Dec interview.

Yes, I emailed my interviewer, sent an loi, called Dr. Mejia, called again and left a message, sent another email a few days ago, and called again this morning, but was forced to leave a message. Dr. Mejia called me back around lunchtime today with the news!

Edit: This was all over the span of about a month.

Yes, I emailed my interviewer, sent an loi, called Dr. Mejia, called again and left a message, sent another email a few days ago, and called again this morning, but was forced to leave a message. Dr. Mejia called me back around lunchtime today with the news!

I guess I will have to keep trying. Thanks!

Hi there,

Did you speak to Dr. Mejia by contacting the admissions office or were you able to get a hold of her by direct line? When I call, the receptionists say there is no need to talk to dr. Mejia directly

Also, did you send any supplemental information or did you just reiterate your interest to attend?

Thank you!

I guess I will have to keep trying. Thanks!

Definitely keep at it!!!

Hi there,

Did you speak to Dr. Mejia by contacting the admissions office or were you able to get a hold of her by direct line? When I call, the receptionists say there is no need to talk to dr. Mejia directly

Also, did you send any supplemental information or did you just reiterate your interest to attend?

Thank you!

I was fortunate enough to talk to Dr. Mejia directly. I am assuming that everyone knows that she is THE person who makes admissions decisions at the school. Because of this, she is the person you want to talk to, but that also makes her extremely busy and tough to reach. Just call/email her and be somewhat persistent about it. You can actually go to the NYU website and look her contact info up through their staff directory.

I did send a hair of supplemental info such as updates on school and shadowing, but that was sent to the admissions office. My reiteration of my interest in the school was all straight to Dr. Mejia.

Definitely keep at it!!!

I was fortunate enough to talk to Dr. Mejia directly. I am assuming that everyone knows that she is THE person who makes admissions decisions at the school. Because of this, she is the person you want to talk to, but that also makes her extremely busy and tough to reach. Just call/email her and be somewhat persistent about it. You can actually go to the NYU website and look her contact info up through their staff directory.

I did send a hair of supplemental info such as updates on school and shadowing, but that was sent to the admissions office. My reiteration of my interest in the school was all straight to Dr. Mejia.
Great! Thanks :)

is there a facebook group for nyucd 2018? couldnt find the right one

Hey guys
Kind of a weird question but when you call dr. Mejia and get her voicemail do you tell her to call you back or is that being bothersome?
Thanks

Hey guys, I just got off the waiting list. Dr. Mejia called me today! yahooooooooooooooo

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys
Kind of a weird question but when you call dr. Mejia and get her voicemail do you tell her to call you back or is that being bothersome?
Thanks

I did... was wondering the same, though haha

i just left her the most awkward voicemail known to mankind :smack: but i've been bothering the poor woman for over a month now, i think this is the last thing i'm going to do lol.

i just left her the most awkward voicemail known to mankind :smack: but i've been bothering the poor woman for over a month now, i think this is the last thing i'm going to do lol.
Yeah I left an awkward voicemail too...

I've been sending all my stuff to the admissions email... should I forward them to Dr. Mejia? Or just send new ones to her?

Yeah I left an awkward voicemail too...

I've been sending all my stuff to the admissions email... should I forward them to Dr. Mejia? Or just send new ones to her?

Forward the important ones directly to her!

Does anyone from Canadian school applying?
If so, what is your stats?
(GPA and DAT scores)

I am currently in my second year and just wondering what are my chances are going to be:p
Also, does NYU penalize hard on not having the full course load?
(I had to be a part time student for the 1st semester of my second year.)

Thanks in advance:)

What's her direct email?
Does she check it regularly?

Thanks

Around this time on last year's NYU thread, people posted about a wait list inquiry that was sent out. Did anyone receive one this year?
Thanks!!

Got accepted off the waiting list last Friday!!! Have been trying to join the Facebook group but no one has added me yet... Gotta try to find a roommate!

Reactions: 2 users
Got off the waiting list on Thursday the 3rd :) super excited!

Man, the wait list is abuzz!

Are there any current students that commute from Montclair?

I'm from NJ, my girlfriend works in NJ, and I really like that area.. and don't mind the 40 minute train ride. The problem arises once I get to Penn station... It seems like my only realistic option is to take the 1 down to 23rd street and then walk all the way from 7th ave to the school. I timed this walk the other day and it took about 15-20 minutes. I know I could always take the 23rd street bus instead of making the walk, but don't think that's always the most convenient option with traffic and so on.

Are there any other options that I'm not thinking of to utilize the subway system for an easier commute, once in Manhattan?

I'm from NJ, my girlfriend works in NJ, and I really like that area.. and don't mind the 40 minute train ride. The problem arises once I get to Penn station... It seems like my only realistic option is to take the 1 down to 23rd street and then walk all the way from 7th ave to the school. I timed this walk the other day and it took about 15-20 minutes. I know I could always take the 23rd street bus instead of making the walk, but don't think that's always the most convenient option with traffic and so on.

Are there any other options that I'm not thinking of to utilize the subway system for an easier commute, once in Manhattan?

Did you ask this in the Fbook group yet? Sounds like a haul haha

Look into CitiBike. Friend in NYUCD said he uses it often.

Look into CitiBike. Friend in NYUCD said he uses it often.
Thanks for that. I think that sounds like an awesome idea and I'm going to explore that option. Does your friend commute from nj? I was causally looking around for a spot to get one on the walk to school and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for that. I think that sounds like an awesome idea and I'm going to explore that option. Does your friend commute from nj? I was causally looking around for a spot to get one on the walk to school and couldn't find anything.
NP. No, but he commutes from LI via LIRR to Penn. So same as you really.

Honestly it would be more convenient to take the train down to 14th street instead of 23rd and then take the L across to 1st ave and then hop on the select bus which puts you at NYUCD in one stop. Its a lot of components but on days when the weather or traffic isn't suited to traveling by bike (which if it snows like it did this year, cycling would be a huge hazard as the sides of the street and sidewalk become slush trenches). It might be worth it.

Honestly it would be more convenient to take the train down to 14th street instead of 23rd and then take the L across to 1st ave and then hop on the select bus which puts you at NYUCD in one stop. Its a lot of components but on days when the weather or traffic isn't suited to traveling by bike (which if it snows like it did this year, cycling would be a huge hazard as the sides of the street and sidewalk become slush trenches). It might be worth it.

What are the travel costs associated with something like that?

Just got accepted off the waitlist

Reactions: 4 users
Can a current student tell me if the clinical aspect at NYU is good enough to enter the workforce without doing a residency?

What are the travel costs associated with something like that?
It would be $2.50 for the trip since you are allow to transfer from the train to bus. Plus, there is another option, one month unlimited metro ticket for $110.00 (I think).