***The Official NYU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just got the email today that app is complete and under review.

Let's see how long this takes..

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i know it said that seats have been increased to 360, but i read on their site that this is because they are accepting international dental students who are trying to get their license in the U.S.... does this mean that the class size for US applicants stayed the same? i just need clarification

I've decided to apply to NYU. Will mail out my check tomorrow. Hopefully my application isn't too late.

i know it said that seats have been increased to 360, but i read on their site that this is because they are accepting international dental students who are trying to get their license in the U.S.... does this mean that the class size for US applicants stayed the same? i just need clarification
I think they usually had 100 or so international students join the class during the second year and now they're going to NYU all four years. I'm 99% sure the same amount of Americans are accepted.

I've decided to apply to NYU. Will mail out my check tomorrow. Hopefully my application isn't too late.
You're fine. I'm going next year and I think my check was sent in late December/January.

Any third batches = July 12 got any invitations ??

You're fine. I'm going next year and I think my check was sent in late December/January.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's quite late. Were your stats really high? Mine are pretty below-average (3.2/3.3 GPA).

Also, a quick question for those who have applied already: How long did it take for NYU to cash your check and send you confirmation that your app is complete?

money order received 7/3
app under review 7/15

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my First invite for interview today

just got an invite too! is anyone with an invite planning on going in august or waiting till september?

Just received the email invite today :) 1st batch and 2nd interview :)

So... are they going batch by batch? If the other people who got interview invitations could post their batch #, it would be much appreciated.

You're fine. I'm going next year and I think my check was sent in late December/January.

Wow that's quite late. Were your stats really high? Mine are pretty below-average (3.2/3.3 GPA).[/QUOTE]

Uh don't quite remember but around a 3.5 and a 21 AA

So... are they going batch by batch? If the other people who got interview invitations could post their batch #, it would be much appreciated.
That's quite scary. I'm in 1st batch still no email. Wonder if they send rejection emails as they go....or just wait until the end to notify.

It's not by batch number according to the Adcom lady that replied to me.

No, just said that you can hear about an interview/decision from now until late Spring. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if NYU will accept faxed or emailed unofficial DAT scores that you get at the testing center? (just to be reviewed for an interview until the official scores arrive)

Just received the email invite today :) 1st batch and 2nd interview :)

Can someone with an interview please tell me how much time it took to receive the interview invite email AFTER receiving the "app under review" email?

THANK YOU!!

Can someone with an interview please tell me how much time it took to receive the interview invite email AFTER receiving the "app under review" email?

THANK YOU!!

Under Review E-mail: 7/10
Interview Invite: 8/2
:)

Where do you go to check if & when your money order was received? I emailed NYU two weeks ago but still no reply..

Application submitted: 7/26
Under Review as of: 8/09
Crossing fingers I hear something soon!!

They received my AADSAS on the 7/19 and I mailed them the fee on 7/13. They still have not sent me an email about the status of my application. Should I call or email them ?

Just received an invite this morning. 3rd batch received 'under review' email on 7/26. Scheduled interview on the 09/09 which was the earliest available. Lady I spoke with said that rest of September is wide open

Just received an invite this morning. 3rd batch received 'under review' email on 7/26. Scheduled interview on the 09/09 which was the earliest available. Lady I spoke with said that rest of September is wide open

Mind sharing stats?
I am also 3rd batch. And got that review email 7/26

Sept. interviews are now available if you guys didn't check your emails. Scheduled mine for the 18th. Interviews begin on at 8AM-1PM and include a continental breakfast and lunch. Never been to the city anyone have any hotel/motel recommendations that are near the school???

Is NYU still sending interviews? this thread has been quiet for a while :sleep::sleep:

I also received one yesterday from NYU, so it would seem like they are still active (just a little slow). OOS applicant here. :)

I also received one yesterday from NYU, so it would seem like they are still active (just a little slow). OOS applicant here. :)

do you mind sharing your stats?

do you mind sharing your stats?

Not a problem. :) I applied with a 24AA (no section below 21) and a 3.9+ GPA. First batch and I'm from the East coast. My application under review email was sent on July 15th.

Not a problem. :) I applied with a 24AA (no section below 21) and a 3.9+ GPA. First batch and I'm from the East coast. My application under review email was sent on July 15th.

Nice. You have amazing stats.

does anyone have statistics for # accepted/interviewed for NYU? I checked the 2012 ADEA guide but no information provided there..

Don't stress too much about interviews guys. I got one in Februrary last year and got in.