***The Official NYU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Congrats. They will send you a checklist: official transcript, immunization, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I am interested in applying to NYUCD again (=.=) this upcoming cycle - Does anyone know when the application opens? Sorry if I am posting in the wrong thread, I'm new at this. Thanks to anyone who replies.

Members don't see this ad :)
All you waitlisters, do not give up! I called and e-mailed her so many times before I got off the list! Keep your head up and do not give up or get discouraged! I almost gave up, and the last call I made, I made it with the intention of it being my last one and it did the trick because I got off the same day! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
All you waitlisters, do not give up! I called and e-mailed her so many times before I got off the list! Keep your head up and do not give up or get discouraged! I almost gave up, and the last call I made, I made it with the intention of it being my last one and it did the trick because I got off the same day! Good luck!

Congrats. But what did you say to her?
Whenever I call she always tells me the same thing, never really helpful.

Did you get off recently?

Thanks for the encouragement! I was starting to lose a bit of hope but now I'll try to stay strong. :)

What did you say in your calls and e-mails? I'm just afraid of annoying her by continuously e-mailing and asking the same thing.

I recently had a chance to talk to a current D1 student, and I was told that they had 10 people who dropped out from the program (I am not sure for what reason).
I'm a current D1 but I don't know the number. I know of 2 people that left within the first month due to being homesick. I guess we lost others but they must have been people who were not social at all because I feel like I know a good majority of the class and nobody I've met has left already

But if you're worried about it being you...if you study you'll be fine. You have to fail multiple classes on top of each other. Study hard and get help early if you do poorly on the first round of exams and you'll be absolutely fine.

Congrats. But what did you say to her?
Whenever I call she always tells me the same thing, never really helpful.

I was waitlisted Dec 2nd, and interviewed in September. I actually went up to NYU twice to talk to her and both times she wasn't there so I spoke to Richard. And everytime I called she wasn't available. I got a hold of her ONE TIME and basically said why NYU was my top choice and that I really wanted to go there. I spoke to Richard again over the phone, and by this point I talked to him enough times, and he passed my name on to Dr. Mejia, so when I called she knew who I was too and kind of interviewed me over the phone. So speak to whoever will listen, and if you can try to go to to NYU and talk to her!

Thanks for the encouragement! I was starting to lose a bit of hope but now I'll try to stay strong. :)

What did you say in your calls and e-mails? I'm just afraid of annoying her by continuously e-mailing and asking the same thing.

Good, because you should not give up! I called maybe 4 times in the span of 4 months, and e-mailed maybe 3-4 times and visited NYU twice. You want to make sure you emphasize why NYU is your top choice, and let them know you are ready to put in your deposit and are committed to enrolling. Also they want to know if you're wait listed anywhere else so if you're not make sure you mention that. Put aside your dignity and keep contacting them! Good luck guys, I was in the same boat since Dec 2nd, and I know how agonizing it is but keep at it, and it will pay off!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well guys, I just withdrew my spot. I'm hoping that whoever gets it will be as excited as I was about the prospect of attending such a great school!

Did anyone get an email concerning the waitlist update?

Yup, me too. Hope there is a big movement. Good luck.

I was just accepted today! I was in a store and literally burst into happy tears in the middle of an aisle. Good luck to all of you! Hang in there and keep showing interest!

Will they give me info about the deposit in the package being sent? She didn't mention on the phone or in the e-mail exactly how much I need to send in...

Reactions: 5 users
I was just accepted today! I was in a store and literally burst into happy tears in the middle of an aisle. Good luck to all of you! Hang in there and keep showing interest!

Will they give me info about the deposit in the package being sent? She didn't mention on the phone or in the e-mail exactly how much I need to send in...

Congrats!

Congrats to all those who got in. This may be a dumb question, but i haven't been rejected or offered an interview yet, I assume all the Interviews are over with. ( You never know with NYU)

Congrats to all those who got in. This may be a dumb question, but i haven't been rejected or offered an interview yet, I assume all the Interviews are over with. ( You never know with NYU)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you haven't received an interview by now, the chances are you are not in consideration by the committee.

chances aren't looking good at this point. I think they are in the process of finding out about which students have multiple deposits and they have a long wait list of people they are trying to get in.

i am dying to get off the waitlist. i think they've started screening my phone calls and emails. i quit.

i am dying to get off the waitlist. i think they've started screening my phone calls and emails. i quit.

I'm right there with you. Hoping they pull me off the waitlist before I have to reapply.

I'm right there with you guys, it's in the back of my mind too often. Hopefully a few double deposits will opt out and we can make it, looking at DAT study material about now is unsettling.

LJKATZinterview post: 15300414 said:
No chance for interview at this point, sorry...you should get ready to reapply!! I know this bcus happened to me on previous cycle I applied, I got no rejection or interview!!

I talked to someone a few weeks ago who said i was "on their radar" but clearly i'm not because they've been accepting everyone else -_____- ok sorry im done ranting lol

Hey guys,
For AADSAS brief description boxes, should I use complete sentences "I assisted ...." or can I just write like "Assisted...."?

What mail method did you use to send supplemental fee? One of the most expensive colleges in the country doesn't even accept online payments.

What mail method did you use to send supplemental fee? One of the most expensive colleges in the country doesn't even accept online payments.

Actually nyu isn't that expensive... It's the cost of living that makes it expensive.

Got accepted off the waitlist today!!! WAHOOO!
(Interviewed in Feb)

Reactions: 1 users
congrats! I hope this means more spots have opened.

Phone call to my cellphone that I wrote down to be contacted on.

The academic update request email for waitlisters nyu sent said phone calls too. Which makes sense because she needs a 'yes' or 'no' answer immediately. So never lose sight of your phone... Or your hope! I'm rooting for you guys! Best of luck :luck:

Now to send a mass email withdrawing my reapplication from 12 schools that I already esubmitted for next cycle...

For anyone who hasn't heard anything from them, you have to constantly try to get in touch with them. I got through to Dr. Mejia once and she told me they were waiting for my DAT retake - which I didn't even know about. This was in May, she gave me until the end of June to take a new DAT and get her the scores. I took the DAT Monday, went in Tuesday to submit my scores personally and Dr.Mejia was there and accepted me on the spot. THERE IS HOPE! Richard told me they are still calling people off waitlist :oops:

Reactions: 5 users
Thanks for the encouragement. I've been wait-listed for a few months >.< I've only ever emailed them...I suppose I should call Dr. Mejia directly? I honestly don't know what I should say though...?

the class is full :( . i was told that chances aren't that great as of this point, and that it would be best to apply early for the next cycle. really hoping for the best at this point

the class is full :( . i was told that chances aren't that great as of this point, and that it would be best to apply early for the next cycle. really hoping for the best at this point

Are they done with the wait list ?

Chances are not good, that I'm sure everyone knows at this point, but who told you the class was full? Last time I called Dr. Mejia wasn't even going to be in until the end of the week and they said they were still calling people. I'm reapplying anyway soon, no use in applying late like I did last cycle

i don't know who i talked to....but i called again and they said there could be more movement? i'm confused...i think they're just annoyed with people calling

i don't know who i talked to....but i called again and they said there could be more movement? i'm confused...i think they're just annoyed with people calling

are u calling the admission office or Dr.Mejia?

I called and there's no more spots for now. I think it'll only open up again a few weeks from now or something. This waiting game is seriously debilitating

Ahhhh! I was accepted off the waitlist this morning via email! Can't believe it but I am beyond excited. I hope the waitlist continues to move so that we can all meet this year. Best of luck to all of you still waiting. Be persistent and continue sending any updates you feel relevant!