***The Official NYU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

19 AA/19 TS/19 PAT/19 Reading
sci gpa 3.38, non sci 3.81, overall 3.48
been working as a paid dental assistant for last 18 months, have some shadowing, have good community service.

Members don't see this ad.

19 AA/19 TS/19 PAT/19 Reading
sci gpa 3.38, non sci 3.81, overall 3.48
been working as a paid dental assistant for last 18 months, have some shadowing, have good community service.
When did you get the application complete email? and when did you hear back? (ie the dates for both) If you dont mind me asking!
Thanks in advance!

app submitted 8/6/13, complete 8/16/13 I can't find the email saying when it went under review but it was either late august or early September. I waited a long while to get an interview invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
app submitted 8/6/13, complete 8/16/13 I can't find the email saying when it went under review but it was either late august or early September. I waited a long while to get an interview invite.
ive been waiting since like 0ct 1 so i guess i got a while to go!

I submitted my app first batch and was complete shortly after. Still haven't heard from this school...
I really don't get how each school decides the order in which people get offered interviews. Kind of baffled!
I've seen posts where people who submitted in mid October have already received interview offers, and have lower GPA and DAT scores than mine lol.

I really don't get how each school decides the order in which people get offered interviews. Kind of baffled!
I've seen posts where people who submitted in mid October have already received interview offers, and have lower GPA and DAT scores than mine lol.
Yeaaa same here. Kind of disappointed. Figured I would of had a shot at this school for a pre-dec interview. Feels like since I submitted second batch, maybe they lost my application or looked it over...thats what i'm going to keep telling myself haha

Yeaaa same here. Kind of disappointed. Figured I would of had a shot at this school for a pre-dec interview. Feels like since I submitted second batch, maybe they lost my application or looked it over...thats what i'm going to keep telling myself haha
Haha yeah every time I call a school and ask for a status update, they're like: we can extend you an offer to interview anytime from ___ until July...
Im like...that really doesn't help me ! haha

NYU sent the app complete email to me on 9/3, and I got a pre-dec interview offer yesterday!! Don't lose hope if you've been waiting 2+ months- the order in which they offer interviews seem quite random.

Hey guys, I recently decided to apply to NYU and just paid my application on AADSAS. Am I too late? I hope I can still have a shot at this school.

My stats are: 19 AA 19 TS 22 PAT, oGPA and sGPA 3.7+ and a bunch of shadowing and research hours. What do you guys think? I know their deadline is in February so I was hoping they could still give me a chance!

I am still waiting for an interview :(
3rd time applicant to NYU
Batch #5

I am still waiting for an interview :(
3rd time applicant to NYU
Batch #5

This cycle is really weird. I see you've gotten interviews to very selective schools like Buffalo and Ohio St, but have heard nothing from NYU? Have you heard anything from any of the other schools you applied to?

Reactions: 1 user
This cycle is really weird. I see you've gotten interviews to very selective schools like Buffalo and Ohio St, but have heard nothing from NYU? Have you heard anything from any of the other schools you applied to?

I got 6 other interviews and live in NJ but I haven't heard from this school.

I think our app is missing somewhere in the admission's office...

Members don't see this ad :)
I also would really like to hear from NYU. I have been hearing from many applicants that this cycle has been odd, there does not seem to be consistency with stats = interviews.

i think that some schools might be holding off on interviewing higher stat applicants or OOS applicants located far away. Maybe they just don't want to waste their time interviewing ppl who they don't think are ever going to come.

i think that some schools might be holding off on interviewing higher stat applicants or OOS applicants located far away. Maybe they just don't want to waste their time interviewing ppl who they don't think are ever going to come.
Except that 35% of their students are from California

that's why i said some schools

You're implying that NYU operates that way. And I'm sure adcoms don't extend invites to oos applicants that are too far away because they won't come. ??? How does that make sense? Obviously they applied

Received an invite as well. Does anyone know if pre-Dec interviews are full?

Second interview!

School: NYU
Notification date: 11/13/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/09/13
Application complete date: 09/20/13
GPA (science, overall, post-bac): 3.2, 2.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/25/none

Calling in tomorrow to see what (if any) pre-Dec interview slots are still available.

Are u a resident of any of these schools you interviewed at?
Do you mind sharing your stats. Thank you
Hey, I am from NY
Stats are low but I believed other schools like applicants with experience in dental field, which I have for sure.

I am still waiting on 13 schools which I believe are waiting on update of my transcript!!

Second interview!

School: NYU
Notification date: 11/13/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/09/13
Application complete date: 09/20/13
GPA (science, overall, post-bac): 3.2, 2.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/25/none

Calling in tomorrow to see what (if any) pre-Dec interview slots are still available.

Update: Called in right when the office opened this morning and there were no pre-Dec spots left. They had all of Tuesday - Friday for the first two weeks of December to choose from.

Last edited:
Interview invite this morning!!!! Kind of bummed though bc there were no pre-dec dates left. Scheduled for dec 6!

Also got the invite this morning! Scheduled mine for Dec 16th.

Anyone interviewing Dec 3-6 want to share a room?
PM me!

2nd interview. Scheduled on ended day for Dec 2. Last year went end of January and was waitlisted.

Fourth interview at nyu scheduled for December 13th.

Fourth interview at nyu scheduled for December 13th.

Will they email us decisions on Dec 2nd or give calls out?

Interviewing at NYU on Dec 11th and just wondering what you all though about your interviews? I have a buddy that interviewed there already and he said faculty were pretty rude.

Interviewing at NYU on Dec 11th and just wondering what you all though about your interviews? I have a buddy that interviewed there already and he said faculty were pretty rude.
Heyy, would you mind posting your stats?

It really depends on the interviewer you get. My interview was kind of short, and the only question he asked me was "how are you ?" lol. But I did hear some people saying their interviewer was rude and dry...

I interviewed this week and loved NYU!! The faculty/students are friendly, facilities are amazing and they're becoming digital by the time we enter! Oh and the food was so good.
The only thing is, there will be 360 first year students, but if you went to a big undergrad, it'll be ok.

I really enjoyed my time there! My interviewer was awesome, and the D4 that lead the tour was awesome as well and everyone was super helpful. The faculty was really nice too, not rude at all.

I interviewed this week and loved NYU!! The faculty/students are friendly, facilities are amazing and they're becoming digital by the time we enter! Oh and the food was so good.
The only thing is, there will be 360 first year students, but if you went to a big undergrad, it'll be ok.

360 yeah but their splitting it up into three sections aren't they? And the labs only have 8-12 students

Hey everyone... for those that have already interviewed, did they mention how many acceptances will be going out on Dec 2nd? I have an interview coming up and would like to get a ballpark figure on their interview vs. acceptance rate. :)

Hey everyone... for those that have already interviewed, did they mention how many acceptances will be going out on Dec 2nd? I have an interview coming up and would like to get a ballpark figure on their interview vs. acceptance rate. :)

I believe NYU accepts anywhere from 70-80% of students they interview Pre-Dec. I am guessing ~300 / 400 interviewees (pre-dec that is). The reason the percentage is so high is because they have a class of 360. Most schools accepts about twice and many students as their seats available and they cannot be interviewing over a thousand applicants.. That would be be nearly impossible. So you have a very good chance! gluck

edit: oh and I am not sure they give out all acceptances on Dec 2. some will go to students who initially are put on the waiting list. A safe guess would be 60% on the first day so that drops the percentage to roughly 1 in 2 predecember interviewees receiving an acceptance on Dec 2. (just my guess :p)

Got an interview!

I really wasn't thinking I'd have a shot at any school because of my GPA... Science 2.5, Non-Science 3.2...

Do you mind sharing when you got the application complete email?? Thanks!

Hey guys!
I'm a current D1. Feel free to PM me with any questions :)