***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

was it an automated email sent to everyone who qualifies? or are they still working through them?
They were personal emails, so I'm sure if they're planning on offering you one they'll email you!

Members don't see this ad.

They were personal emails, so I'm sure if they're planning on offering you one they'll email you!

do u mind me asking how much the scholarship was for?
whats the most nyu gives?

it was for 20k per year. Pretty generous, but nyu is still expensive. I have no idea how much they can give, honestly didnt really even know they gave scholarships.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who received scholarship offer from NYU, can you guys share your stat? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Deal. Just as long as you're not messy. I can't deal with a cluttered bench. Seriously though Brooklyn seems like the place. As long as you don't mind packs of roving hipsters, rent is more manageable, and the commute isn't bad if you can find a place near the L train.
I agree, Brooklyn is definitely the place.. I have a few friends who live there now. Only thing I see being an issue would be that NYUCD isn't super close to the L to begin with... And commuting after a long day (some students said labs till 8pm) would almost be worth the few extra hundred in rent for a month. Hoping for an acceptance then I can start to figure this all out hahah

Will I run into trademark issues if I make a few of these bad boys?
Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 12.27.29 AM.png

Reactions: 1 users
This waitlist thing is killing me:help::drowning::cryi:

Received scholarship offer today :) i don't know what to do

Offered a scholarship for 15,000 a year and it's still the most expensive dental school I got into

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed: Dec 1st
Acceptance: Dec 5th ~9.30am

I am so excited! Fell in love with the school during the tour. NYU here I come!

Reactions: 3 users
Does Dr. Mejia reply to emails quickly? I'm not sure if she has received my email...

Do people in waitlists have a chance at a scholarship or is that out of the question? Also are the scholarships first come first serve?1

Do people in waitlists have a chance at a scholarship or is that out of the question? Also are the scholarships first come first serve?1
Scholarships are awarded and then with those who turn down the school, the money is redistributed later. So yes, I assume wait listers have a chance.

i did not get Scholarship offer, but received offer letter to admission. there is nothing about scholarships in the package. Do all will get scholarship or by some criteria? do you get Scholarship only after acceptance?

i did not get Scholarship offer, but received offer letter to admission. there is nothing about scholarships in the package. Do all will get scholarship or by some criteria? do you get Scholarship only after acceptance?
From what dr mejia said on interview day: there are a lot of factors that get taken into consideration. Seems like first scholarship offers were not sent out with initial acceptance package, but I did see some posts that some had received them already.

From what dr mejia said on interview day: there are a lot of factors that get taken into consideration. Seems like first scholarship offers were not sent out with initial acceptance package, but I did see some posts that some had received them already.

we received emails.

Did you guys email Mejia/someone to ask about scholarships, or did you just get an email about it automatically?

automatically.

so if you dont get the scholarship offer in the acceptance package they email you, or do you get an email even if you got an offer in the package?
also on a side note did anybody not receive their package yet

Hi does any one have Dr. Mejia's email address?

Last edited:
Has anyone in the waiting list heard back yet?

I was wait listed but I plan on calling NYU to withdraw my application from further consideration. I will be attending my state school.

Hi everyone, I applied to NYU back in July and was considered a "completed" application on September 5th. I've yet to hear back from NYU at all and am going crazy because I would love to consider this school if I had the opportunity. I was told it might be a good idea to e-mail Dr. Mejai directly but I also do not want to seem bothersome. Thank you.

Hi everyone, I applied to NYU back in July and was considered a "completed" application on September 5th. I've yet to hear back from NYU at all and am going crazy because I would love to consider this school if I had the opportunity. I was told it might be a good idea to e-mail Dr. Mejai directly but I also do not want to seem bothersome. Thank you.

You should email her.

I emailed admissions office a few days ago to check on the status of my app and coincidentally I got an interview invite today! Not sure if it was because I emailed or luck.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to housing and travel?!?! I never been to New York!!! Let alone in anything below 40 degree weather lol.

I emailed admissions office a few days ago to check on the status of my app and coincidentally I got an interview invite today! Not sure if it was because I emailed or luck.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to housing and travel?!?! I never been to New York!!! Let alone in anything below 40 degree weather lol.

Try AirBnB, and the secret to cold weather protection is layering!

What did you say in this magic email?

Anyone know how many scholarships NYU offers every year?

Does anyone have any updates on the wait list..? :(

This is just a little insight about what I know about acceptanced and wait listed applicants. NYU admissions decides to put many applicants on the wait list especially if the applicant is from California because they know these particular students will chose any California dental school over NYU. This may also apply to other states with great dental schools but I know it is most evident in California applicants. Therefore, if you are waitlisted, it does not necessarily mean that your interview went poorly or your stats were not up to par but rather based on the fact that admissions knows NYU is not your top choice.

If you are waitlisted, you will most likely get in because many admitted students tend to chose cheaper schools! And if NYU is your top choice, email dr.mejia because she will definitely be more inclined to accept you

This is just a little insight about what I know about acceptanced and wait listed applicants. NYU admissions decides to put many applicants on the wait list especially if the applicant is from California because they know these particular students will chose any California dental school over NYU. This may also apply to other states with great dental schools but I know it is most evident in California applicants. Therefore, if you are waitlisted, it does not necessarily mean that your interview went poorly or your stats were not up to par but rather based on the fact that admissions knows NYU is not your top choice.

If you are waitlisted, you will most likely get in because many admitted students tend to chose cheaper schools! And if NYU is your top choice, email dr.mejia because she will definitely be more inclined to accept you

Thanks!! You just made my day!!

I can't find dr mejia's email address? does anyone know what it is?

Has anyone who interviewed post dec 1 gotten a decision yet?

email the office of admissions at [email protected]

I e-mailed Dr. Mejia's direct e-mail about two days ago at [email protected]. No response yet but I think that is completely understandable. However, I can't help shake the feeling the e-mail I wrote is lost in her inbox. Think I should re-send that e-mail to [email protected] and address the e-mail to be directed to Dr. Mejia? Or should I wait it out a couple days before doing this?

I e-mailed Dr. Mejia's direct e-mail about two days ago at [email protected]. No response yet but I think that is completely understandable. However, I can't help shake the feeling the e-mail I wrote is lost in her inbox. Think I should re-send that e-mail to [email protected] and address the e-mail to be directed to Dr. Mejia? Or should I wait it out a couple days before doing this?

I sent an email to Dr. Meija and copied dental admissions, the admissions emailed me a few hours later and meija wrote back the next day. So maybe you could try doing that