***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

anybody who got accepted on dec 1 didnt get their acceptance backage yet? I am from brooklyn and still got nothing should I be concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

I e-mailed Dr. Mejia's direct e-mail about two days ago at [email protected]. No response yet but I think that is completely understandable. However, I can't help shake the feeling the e-mail I wrote is lost in her inbox. Think I should re-send that e-mail to [email protected] and address the e-mail to be directed to Dr. Mejia? Or should I wait it out a couple days before doing this?
I had my interview today and they told us Dr. Meija is at an outreach in Ecuador. She returns Monday and hopefully by the end of next week, they will email us with their decision.

I had my interview today and they told us Dr. Meija is at an outreach in Ecuador. She returns Monday and hopefully by the end of next week, they will email us with their decision.

Oh wow thanks for the insight! Was afraid this was what happened when I pressed send:

arrested-development-gob-letter-throw.gif

I sent admissions an e-mail anyway saying I might have sent the original e-mail to the wrong address

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't get your hopes up.. They said we would have our decisions soon and I have yet to hear two weeks later.. Hopefully on Monday. So stressful!!!!

If you would like an NYU group JUST for the class of 2019, please add me on faceboook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008596035042

The only reason I'm asking you to add me (if you're class of 2019 of course) is because I cannot create a group without first inviting a "friend" to join the group. I won't spam your account or anything, I'm only using this to make the group anonymously :) If everyone hates the idea then I'll just delete it, no big deal.

I made an account on facebook with the first name NYU, last name dental in order to ensure anonymity. I don't want the upperclassmen to hate me for wanting to make a group just for us. They will definitely be quite helpful in the other page, but it will also be nice to have this group too. It seems like a few people on sdn agree with me so we'll see.

So as soon as I see a few people are interested, I will create the group and post a link on the other group for other 2019 peeps to join if they want.

UPDATE: They won't add me to the group because I am anonymous, and they have understandable concerns about doing so. However I want to remain anonymous so if I get a couple of people that add me, I'm going to assume that means there's interest in this happening and I'll make a group anyway. I just won't be able to post the link in the other group.

cheers

Last edited:
does anyone know if NYU requires a background check for its accepted students?

Would we get an email if we were accepted? I don't have NYU on my portal :(

Gah, a congrats?!? Does that mean NYU send out acceptances for their early December bunch? Because we were told we should know by around today... and I feel neurotic, but I'm refreshing my email inbetween running lab samples (even though my phone would probably beep before I refresh).

Reactions: 1 user
^ same. Dr mejia said we would know by the 15th. I'm dying here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gah, a congrats?!? Does that mean NYU send out acceptances for their early December bunch? Because we were told we should know by around today... and I feel neurotic, but I'm refreshing my email inbetween running lab samples (even though my phone would probably beep before I refresh).

yeah..it seems some of you have received acceptance letters already.. sorry if I hit a tender nerve there!

yeah..it seems some of you have received acceptance letters already.. sorry if I hit a tender nerve there!
Is it just me or has anyone else not seen acceptances for post dec1 interviewees? Not like I've been stalking this forum or anything but it doesn't seem like they went out yet. Can anyone confirm?

Is it just me or has anyone else not seen acceptances for post dec1 interviewees? Not like I've been stalking this forum or anything but it doesn't seem like they went out yet. Can anyone confirm?

yep. still waiting to hear back... anxiously lol

If you guys are interested in "OPTIONS" of how to avoid that $81K a year I can Help out...

congrats to the people that got accepted, can you please share your DAT scores, just wondering where I stand

I haven't heard anything from nyu, I've been waiting since August. What should I do?

First acceptance!! So thrilled I loved this school!! DAT 22AA/ 22 TS/ 20PAT.

Reactions: 3 users
I believe Dr. Mejia said that people that got accepted Dec 1st have until Jan 3rd to accept or decline, so the waitlist people won't hear til after then at least, so it isn't unusual to not hear from them for a few months and then get accepted.

Acceptance as wellll!! So excited! 12/2 interview :)

Reactions: 2 users
Got the acceptance email today! Interviewed on 12/10!

Reactions: 3 users
Got accepted also!! I interviewed on 12/11! :soexcited:

Acceptance from 12/12 interview!

I sent an e-mail to dentaladmissions with some questions about the D.D.S. program and telling them a little about myself per recommendation of a couple of people in this thread. It's been one week since I sent the e-mail and I haven't received a reply. What do I do at this point? The e-mail is [email protected] correct?

do you guys know when they say "you'll hear back from us within a week or two" does that mean only acceptances? or waitlist and rejections as well? cause I haven't heard anything so far and I'm getting worried now ....:/

Congrats everyone!!!! Just got my acceptance as well! 12/2 interview!!! Love NYU!! Can not wait to start

do you guys know when they say "you'll hear back from us within a week or two" does that mean only acceptances? or waitlist and rejections as well? cause I haven't heard anything so far and I'm getting worried now ....:/
It probably means you'll hear back in a week or two.

Last edited:
hahaha well its been 2 weeks. that's why I was asking.
Not sure. I would suggest calling the admissions office and ask them for the status of your application. They are always very friendly and I'm sure they can help you.

Guys, for those who got accepted, do we have to submit anything for background check and how to apply for a loan?

Kips Bay and waterside... That's where it's full of dental students but it's expensive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

does anyone have an accurate information about the waiting list process?

Guys, why you all say NYU is the most expensive? The tuition itself is around the same as all other private schools. I am not talking here about any state schools. The living expences is what is expensive compared to other states! Am i missing or don't know smth, please correct me if so.

When someone says that a school is expensive, they are counting all of the costs associated with attending the school. That includes living expenses. Some people can get around those costs if they plan to live with family or something like that, but the average attendee needs to consider all of the costs to attend a school since that will be (probably) covered by loans.

Guys, why you all say NYU is the most expensive? The tuition itself is around the same as all other private schools. I am not talking here about any state schools. The living expences is what is expensive compared to other states! Am i missing or don't know smth, please correct me if so.

you'll be looking to pull out about 113k in loans a year. tuition+nyc living costs

If you guys are interested in "OPTIONS" of how to avoid that $81K a year I can Help out...

hey im definitely interested in getting more information about the options! how can I contact you to get more information?