***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

If you guys are interested in "OPTIONS" of how to avoid that $81K a year I can Help out...

hey im definitely interested in getting more information about the options! how can I contact you to get more information?

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious.. Did everyone who received their offers for the first few post dec interviews (accepted ~12/17) get their acceptance packet in the mail yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious.. Did everyone who received their offers for the first few post dec interviews (accepted ~12/17) get their acceptance packet in the mail yet?
I interviewed 12/10 and I still haven't gotten it yet!

For those waitlisted, please share your stats if u don't mind. I would like to know if I have a chance.

For those waitlisted, please share your stats if u don't mind. I would like to know if I have a chance.

Show interest but a lot of people who get waitlisted at nyu, get accepted. At least, compared to other schools.

Show interest but a lot of people who get waitlisted at nyu, get accepted. At least, compared to other schools.
I sent several emails to Dr. Mejia, but she never replied any. What should I do to exhibit my interest?

I sent several emails to Dr. Mejia, but she never replied any. What should I do to exhibit my interest?

i'd leave it alone for now. She sent out an email like a week ago saying she won't be in until the first.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't and I interviewed 12/2!
And we are supposed to put our deposit down by Jan 7th says the website they sent us.. It doesn't seem fair to have the deadline so close to make a decision when we don't even have our official acceptance letter yet in our hands lol!

I have a feeling that we get our acceptance package after we turn in our deposit on Jan 7th. I'm guessing that way, NYU doesn't necessarily have to send packages to students who have chosen to attend other schools. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Did you get your acceptance packet in the mail yet? I have yet to receive mine!
Yea I just received it this friday 12/26...it took more than a week and I live in NY, it might take longer maybe if out of state

Reactions: 1 user
maybe try calling them, hopefully they can help
Seems like the office is closed until 9am on the 5th. If I do not get my package by then I'll definitely be calling to see what's up. I think those who were accepted on dec 1 have until jan 7th. Those accepted ~12/17 should have at least 30 days. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Seems like the office is closed until 9am on the 5th. If I do not get my package by then I'll definitely be calling to see what's up. I think those who were accepted on dec 1 have until jan 7th. Those accepted ~12/17 should have at least 30 days. Correct me if I'm wrong!
I thought it was 30 days but on the form on the link they sent us said 1st deposit due Jan 7th? It should technically be 30 days for all acceptances before Jan 31 though...

Finally got my package in the mail- no scholarship info. My last question is if anyone has gotten scholarship offers in their acceptance package? I know there had been talk of this previously but I can't find it on here...

Reactions: 1 users
Deposits need to be postmarked by Jan. 7th...So no one will really know til after
We will see~ My interview is on 14th, so I am not sure how many candidates I am competing for

Finally got my package in the mail- no scholarship info. My last question is if anyone has gotten scholarship offers in their acceptance package? I know there had been talk of this previously but I can't find it on here...
Yea I didn't get a scholarship info in my packet either but I think those who got the Dec 1 acceptance have the scholarship letter and we get ours later with what's left.

Yea I didn't get a scholarship info in my packet either but I think those who got the Dec 1 acceptance have the scholarship letter and we get ours later with what's left.

scholarship info is emailed out… it was not included in the acceptance package for me

Just a heads up for those that received scholarships and haven't put a deposit yet. NYU scholarships require deposit by the 5th, even though school wants a deposit by the 7th.

is there a certain date that we have to complete the academic update by?

$113K cost per year, or total debt of $452K after 4 years, with %8 annual interest, becomes $975K for 10yr loan, or $2.1M for 20yr loan. It's a rat race to beat the clock and still come out as winner.

$113K cost per year, or total debt of $452K after 4 years, with %8 annual interest, becomes $975K for 10yr loan, or $2.1M for 20yr loan. It's a rat race to beat the clock and still come out as winner.
I don't think you understand how paying off a loan works

Reactions: 2 users

That just legit scared me. LOL.

I don't think you understand how paying off a loan works
Those figures were without amortized payments. With amortized payments, they would be $658K for 10yr, paying $3,708 monthly, or $907K for 20yr, paying $5,484 monthly. Average dental grad's salary is $120K, or $10K per month before tax, or about $7K per month after tax. It is going to be tight with only loans and no other resource.

Those figures were without amortized payments. With amortized payments, they would be $658K for 10yr, paying $3,708 monthly, or $907K for 20yr, paying $5,484 monthly. Average dental grad's salary is $120K, or $10K per month before tax, or about $7K per month after tax. It is going to be tight with only loans and no other resource.
I think you flipped your numbers:
10 year plan would be 5484 monthly
20 year plan would be 3708 monthly

Regardless, you're right. Money will be tight right out of school, so learn to budget fellas!

Hey everyone, so I got an email finally saying that they can assure me that my application is still under review. I applied in August and I have yet to here of anything. Do you guys suggest I do anything in particular at this point?

Hey everyone, so I got an email finally saying that they can assure me that my application is still under review. I applied in August and I have yet to here of anything. Do you guys suggest I do anything in particular at this point?
My application was also submitted in August and I have not heard anything yet:(

They want people who want to be at this school. If this is your top choice, email dr mejia and express that.

Has anyone on the waiting list heard anything yet regarding their status?

They want people who want to be at this school. If this is your top choice, email dr mejia and express that.
I emailed her, and she never responded. However, should I send her a email illustrating why I really want to attend nyu.

I declined my interview. Goodluck y'all

I emailed her, and she never responded. However, should I send her a email illustrating why I really want to attend nyu.
I personally wouldn't send a bunch of emails, but they seem to be pretty good at putting those emails in your file for the adcom to review. So if you just emailed dr mejia asking about your status, If you really want to be at NYU I would email her and express why. You have nothing to lose I guess... Have you gotten other interviews/acceptances?

I personally wouldn't send a bunch of emails, but they seem to be pretty good at putting those emails in your file for the adcom to review. So if you just emailed dr mejia asking about your status, If you really want to be at NYU I would email her and express why. You have nothing to lose I guess... Have you gotten other interviews/acceptances?
I have my first interview tomorrow, hopefully it goes well. Once I hear back from that school, ill just email dr. mejia.

declined my offer. Best of luck to those waiting. Stay positive, there's still time!

declined my offer. Best of luck to those waiting. Stay positive, there's still time!
Hey, I heard that they try to replace a student with similar stats. Do u mind sharing your stats?

Hey, I heard that they try to replace a student with similar stats. Do u mind sharing your stats?

don't think its based solely on stats..

have about a 3.5 and 21AA/22TS