***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I'm interviewing on 2/5 Thursday. If anyone wants to hang out/explore after the interview PM me.

Pfft explore? What is there to do in NYC? ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay, I meant sightseeing the left over 'blizzard'

Got the waiting list email. Any idea how long I will wait to get an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted! got the email at 6:29pm EST. interviewed on 1/16/15.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Also got the wait list email. I assume that there's some movement with this thing?

Accepted February 3rd at 5:44 pm. Interviewed 1/14.

What is the link to the Facebook group? Thanks!

Accepted at 6:42 eastern. Applied on 12/1, interviewed on 1/21.

Accepted!! interviewed 12/22
I'm going to NYUCD

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone on your acceptance to NYU. I received an invite today.

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know how much the nyu deposit is? i heard that the total is 5000. Because I asked how do they know people will commit even after they deposited the 1500 and the lady said because of the second deposit which is 3500

also the people that were wait listed and accepted, were you in contact with nyu/did you do anything that you thought helped your case to receive an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
First deposit is 1500, second due March 27 is 3500.

Those of you who were wait listed, don't worry too much (I know, easier said than done). I was accepted off of the wait list in mid-May. Got a call from Dr. Mejia at like 7:30 in the morning asking me if I was still interested in a spot. Almost crashed my car (was on the way to work).

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone received their acceptance package yet that was accepted earlier this week?

I still cannot believe I haven't received any word from them, I want to interview here so bad... I sent an e-mail to Dr. Mejia and CC'd admissions months ago with no response from her, instead an admissions coordinator just answered a couple questions I had. I don't know what else to do at this point, do I call her directly this upcoming week to express intent?

I still cannot believe I haven't received any word from them, I want to interview here so bad... I sent an e-mail to Dr. Mejia and CC'd admissions months ago with no response from her, instead an admissions coordinator just answered a couple questions I had. I don't know what else to do at this point, do I call her directly this upcoming week to express intent?

I'm in the same boat. Have sent two update/very interested emails since December and nothing.

Hey guys, I have an interview coming up on the 26th. Any some suggestions for a hotel nearby?

Hey guys, I have an interview coming up on the 26th. Any some suggestions for a hotel nearby?
I used Hotwire and did the "secret " hotel, and got an amazing price not too far from the school.

if u live in ny, maybe personally hand in a good LOR?

Just keep showing interest. However, it may be your application. Try seeing where you can improve your weak areas as well. You'll get there if you keep working hard.

I received an email today about an academic update and that they would accept it via PDF in email, aside from AADSAS. Did you get one of those at least?

Reactions: 1 users
I received an email today about an academic update and that they would accept it via PDF in email, aside from AADSAS. Did you get one of those at least?

I haven't :\

For those who in the waiting list and got accepted, any suggestions how to show your interest? Is that a bad thing to send them email or call them once a week? Because I am afraid they will be mad at me:(

I got that email too. It said that they are now reviewing my application and request my most recent grades. Also says that if I updated via AADSAS to let them know. I shouldn't have to send them transcripts because I let them know I updated through AADSAS so they should already have them.

For those who in the waiting list and got accepted, any suggestions how to show your interest? Is that a bad thing to send them email or call them once a week? Because I am afraid they will be mad at me:(

I don't think they will be mad at you...they want you to show interest in their school like every school does.

Those of you who were wait listed, don't worry too much (I know, easier said than done). I was accepted off of the wait list in mid-May. Got a call from Dr. Mejia at like 7:30 in the morning asking me if I was still interested in a spot. Almost crashed my car (was on the way to work).
Did u call them to express your interest after placing in the waiting list?

Around when the second deposit is due I suppose. Late March if I have my facts straight.

Has anyone who interviewed early Feb heard back yet?

Been reading sdn for quite some time..Finally felt the need to join and pass on some info...I interviewed late January and just got the acceptance email this morning. Most definitely will be attending. For those still waiting; hang in there! I'm sure you will hear good news soon. I heard back in a little less than 2 weeks from when I interviewed. They seem to stick to their timeline, unlike a few other schools i interviewed at. Good luck to ya'll

Reactions: 4 users
I got waitlisted last week...anyone know how many usually get off the waitlisting list at NYU?

Was asked for a grade update earlier this week (although I updated on AADSAS in Dec.), but I sent in transcripts via email yesterday and received an interview invite this morning! NYU is still conducting interviews through the first week of march and possibly the week after as well if anyone has been wondering.

Was asked for a grade update earlier this week (although I updated on AADSAS in Dec.), but I sent in transcripts via email yesterday and received an interview invite this morning! NYU is still conducting interviews through the first week of march and possibly the week after as well if anyone has been wondering.
Should I send in my transcript via email even though I didn't get the request to do so like you did?

For those who have interviewed, when we called to schedule an interview, are we given a specific date by the Admission Office or do we get to pick our own date ?

For those who have interviewed, when we called to schedule an interview, are we given a specific date by the Admission Office or do we get to pick our own date ?

They will offer several available dates from which you can choose

So I got 2 missed calls from Sherry Prabhudial about an hour ago. She called at 3:57, I missed it, called back at 3:58 and she had already left the building. I thought this would be an acceptance call, but now I'm reading from all of you that they send emails to accept. Did anyone else receive a call/know what it could be about? Also I had already been waitlisted in December.

Last edited:
Did u call them to express your interest after placing in the waiting list?

I think you should call them and honestly tell them that you want to get in. before my interview I called them several times, and surprisingly they remembered me and knew who I was. So I believe since they have to accept over 350 people, they really like it when someone is very enthusiastic about their school and they can make sure he/she is coming in.

I think you should call them and honestly tell them that you want to get in. before my interview I called them several times, and surprisingly they remembered me and knew who I was. So I believe since they have to accept over 350 people, they really like it when someone is very enthusiastic about their school and they can make sure he/she is coming in.
I called them two days ago, but the lady was so mean and just hang up my phone...Sad~

I called them two days ago, but the lady was so mean and just hang up my phone...Sad~
Seriously? That's really unlike them. Must have been having a bad day and took it out on you