***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I know it's only been a day since my interview but I really feel like I should sent Dr. Mejia an email stating how blown away I was by the school and everything it has to offer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I know it's only been a day since my interview but I really feel like I should sent Dr. Mejia an email stating how blown away I was by the school and everything it has to offer.
Yes!!! It won't hurt, and she mentioned my email when she called me. Let's get another Hoosier into NYU!

Yes!!! It won't hurt, and she mentioned my email when she called me. Let's get another Hoosier into NYU!

I was actually typing out what I would say on my flight home last night. It has the 'letter of interest' vibe to it but she (and a lot of others) mentioned that if you like the school tell them because they want people that are truly interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, if we were accepted in March (let's say this week), does anyone know when do we suppose to send in our deposit(s)? and how much? Thanks

Should I send it to the general admissions email AND her direct email? Or should I just send it to her?

is there anyone who can tell me how to reach Dr. Mejia directly? Any numbers?

is there anyone who can tell me how to reach Dr. Mejia directly? Any numbers?
If youre lucky sometimes the one for admissions goes to her if no one else picks up i think. 212 998 9818

Wow, thanks though. hope I could have that luck, lol~

Yeah it is probably best to call that number and ask for dr. Meija. It is extremely hard to talk to her bc she is really busy. But if you leave a message, she will eventually get back to you. It took her one week to give me a call to talk abt my application.

I know it's hard.. I was in your shoes for a while but I finally got that acceptance. I can guarantee there will be a lot of movement off the Waitlist very shortly considering our second deposits (3500$!!) are due next week! Stay positive!!

thanks a bunch. I will try to keep my head up!

Is anyone else having mood swings between "I can't believe I got in " to "I can't believe I got in " ? One minute I'm yelling "class of 2019!" The next I'm wondering when I'll get the call saying I wasn't accepted, they thought they were calling someone else.
Yes I know the feeling well! And also swinging into mood of OMG how will I pay for this... But mostly feeling like yay we made it and I can't wait to meet everyone!:highfive:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite, late to the party but excited nonetheless!!

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah it is probably best to call that number and ask for dr. Meija. It is extremely hard to talk to her bc she is really busy. But if you leave a message, she will eventually get back to you. It took her one week to give me a call to talk abt my application.
Thanks, I will definitely cont to bother "HER", lol~

Off the waitlist today! Persistence pays off! :D

Reactions: 6 users
I called once every two-three weeks.
That is where I am sort of at, I feel like there is a fine line between being interested and annoying. I am scared to cross that line! Can I ask what your stats are and if you will be attending? I've been waitlisted since 12/1 and really hope to hear back soon!

That is where I am sort of at, I feel like there is a fine line between being interested and annoying. I am scared to cross that line! Can I ask what your stats are and if you will be attending? I've been waitlisted since 12/1 and really hope to hear back soon!

Waitlisted since 12/1? Just out of curiosity what are your stats? Hard to imagine why they would keep you waitlisted this long! It feels like most people moved off it kind of quick

Off the waitlist today! Persistence pays off! :D

Seconded to what tdkd1111 said, would you mind sharing your stats?

Waitlisted since 12/1? Just out of curiosity what are your stats? Hard to imagine why they would keep you waitlisted this long! It feels like most people moved off it kind of quick

My gpa is 3.3 (combined with my master) and dat is 20 (nothing under 17). I am already accepted elsewhere but would prefer to attend nyu.

cGPA -3.6/sGPA -3.54
DAT 22AA/24PAT

and yes I sent in my deposit already :)

I applied really late...and NYU is my top and only choice!

But if you are accepted to another school you should definitely reach out to NYU saying that you have another offer but would prefer NYU and hope to get a decision before april 1st so you dont have to put a large non refundable deposit for the other school. Dr. Meija would def be understanding of that. But you would need to show proof that you have been accepted to the other school. I have heard several people get off the waitlist doing that.

cGPA -3.6/sGPA -3.54
DAT 22AA/24PAT

and yes I sent in my deposit already :)

I applied really late...and NYU is my top and only choice!

But if you are accepted to another school you should definitely reach out to NYU saying that you have another offer but would prefer NYU and hope to get a decision before april 1st so you dont have to put a large non refundable deposit for the other school. Dr. Meija would def be understanding of that. But you would need to show proof that you have been accepted to the other school. I have heard several people get off the waitlist doing that.
Those are pretty impressive stats! I did reach out to the school already, just as you've suggested! I hope to hear back from them soon. Since 2nd deposit is due 3/27, maybe I will hear back sometime then. Keeping my fingers crossed! Can I ask you how much the deposit is for?

Those are pretty impressive stats! I did reach out to the school already, just as you've suggested! I hope to hear back from them soon. Since 2nd deposit is due 3/27, maybe I will hear back sometime then. Keeping my fingers crossed! Can I ask you how much the deposit is for?
First dep = 1500$, second = 3500$

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!!! Looking forward to starting at NYU in the Fall. For those who are waitlisted, it's worth it to make a call to the school to express your interest/desire in attending NYU. 3.4oGPA, 3.2sGPA, 20AA

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!!! Looking forward to starting at NYU in the Fall. For those who are waitlisted, it's worth it to make a call to the school to express your interest/desire in attending NYU. 3.4oGPA, 3.2sGPA, 20AA

Congrats! :)

BTW this may seem a little late, but since I heard a few upperclassmen answer questions during the interview tours i'd like to say:

if you want a more realistic perspective of the school (the pros and the cons), ask any other student that you can find (not giving the tour). you won't get as much of a sugarcoated response. needless to say, some of the responses had me chuckle to myself at how unrealistic they were.

BTW this may seem a little late, but since I heard a few upperclassmen answer questions during the interview tours i'd like to say:

if you want a more realistic perspective of the school (the pros and the cons), ask any other student that you can find (not giving the tour). you won't get as much of a sugarcoated response. needless to say, some of the responses had me chuckle to myself at how unrealistic they were.

I was there on Monday. Can you give some examples?

I am so excited, I just got accepted. Now the real question is, is anyone looking for a roommate?

Received an email asking if I am still interested in NYUCD. Is that a good sign?

Received an email asking if I am still interested in NYUCD. Is that a good sign?

received the same email. Hopefully that will trim down the waitlist a little and lead to good news for some of us.

received the same email. Hopefully that will trim down the waitlist a little and lead to good news for some of us.
I received that email a couple weeks before being accepted. Good luck.

Hello everyone! I was just accepted to NYU on 3/19 so I am going to be searching for places to live. If anyone needs a roommate or knows of places with spaces available please PM me. Thank you!

Hello everyone! I was just accepted to NYU on 3/19 so I am going to be searching for places to live. If anyone needs a roommate or knows of places with spaces available please PM me. Thank you!
Hi I've made some calls recently and was told availability for the Summer move in dates start at end of May so its early now to get a place.

Hi I've made some calls recently and was told availability for the Summer move in dates start at end of May so its early now to get a place.
Ah ok. Thank you for that update. I can relax for now then :)

hey are you guys referring to the questionnaire that was sent out? or another e-mail after?

hey are you guys referring to the questionnaire that was sent out? or another e-mail after?

questionnaire asking whether you are still interested in becoming accepted.

i got that too. wasn't that a generic questionnaire that was sent out to all waitlisted applicants? thanks for the reply!

I also received the waitlist update email. Not sure it is necessarily 'a good sign' if all waitlisted students receive it.. But hopefully it will help to trim down the list from those who have no interest attending and the process moves faster.