***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I also received the waitlist update email. Not sure it is necessarily 'a good sign' if all waitlisted students receive it.. But hopefully it will help to trim down the list from those who have no interest attending and the process moves faster.

+1

Members don't see this ad.

I also received the waitlist update email. Not sure it is necessarily 'a good sign' if all waitlisted students receive it.. But hopefully it will help to trim down the list from those who have no interest attending and the process moves faster.
Yap, a good sign for moving faster...

For those who are joining the Class of 2019 this fall:

The dreaded apartment searching has begun...

Does anyone know if Waterside two bed room apts can be converted into 3 bed? (Like convert the living room into another bedroom) It looks doable according to the floor plan....

Also, does it require a guarantor/co signer??

I'm planning on moving in in early August! Let me know if anyone is looking for roommates. (I'm a girl btw....)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who are joining the Class of 2019 this fall:

The dreaded apartment searching has begun...

Does anyone know if Waterside two bed room apts can be converted into 3 bed? (Like convert the living room into another bedroom) It looks doable according to the floor plan....

Also, does it require a guarantor/co signer??

I'm planning on moving in in early August! Let me know if anyone is looking for roommates. (I'm a girl btw....)

Waterside definitely has two bedrooms convertible to three. There aren't any listed at the moment, but they will be. There are usually a lot of vacancies over the summer as NYU students graduate and move out. It does not require a guarantor or a co-signer. You'll just need proof that you attend NYUCD. I used my acceptance letter as proof. They have a long history of working with NYU students and they know that we're good for the rent. If you're planning to move in early August, I would suggest starting to look at apartments in like.. June basically. That should be plenty of time.

Also, PM me if you decide to do Waterside. They give a $1000 referral if you put down a current tenant's name on the application, and it's customary to split that referral 50/50. ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Waterside definitely has two bedrooms convertible to three. There aren't any listed at the moment, but they will be. There are usually a lot of vacancies over the summer as NYU students graduate and move out. It does not require a guarantor or a co-signer. You'll just need proof that you attend NYUCD. I used my acceptance letter as proof. They have a long history of working with NYU students and they know that we're good for the rent. If you're planning to move in early August, I would suggest starting to look at apartments in like.. June basically. That should be plenty of time.

Also, PM me if you decide to do Waterside. They give a $1000 referral if you put down a current tenant's name on the application, and it's customary to split that referral 50/50. ;)

Thank you!!! That's wonderful that they don't require a guarantor.... Waterside it is then. I will definitely let you know!

Hey guys,

For those of you who are still waiting or got waitlisted, don't give up! I think if you really want to go to NYU, you should let them know. I had 6 interviews before NYU, my top choice, and I just couldn't wait any longer, so I decided to contact them and told them how much I wanted to go there. I got an interview invite two days later (in my spam, so make sure to check your spam). I interviewed Feb. 26th and got the acceptance on March 3rd.

Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 2 users
Is there anyone who is going for an interview on March 26th? I am a female looking for somewhere to stay from 25th to 27th :) Feel free to PM me

Hey Bifenthrin,

How much would you say utilities cost/month?

Hey guys,

For those of you who are still waiting or got waitlisted, don't give up! I think if you really want to go to NYU, you should let them know. I had 6 interviews before NYU, my top choice, and I just couldn't wait any longer, so I decided to contact them and told them how much I wanted to go there. I got an interview invite two days later (in my spam, so make sure to check your spam). I interviewed Feb. 26th and got the acceptance on March 3rd.

Best of luck to you all!
Did you speak to anyone spacific Or you just called the admission office? Every time I call they say that dr mejia is busy and the admission office just tells me to wait.

Hey Bifenthrin,

How much would you say utilities cost/month?

Depends on the month. Last month my electric was about $200 because it was freezing and I leave my heat on all day. I have a cat, so I always have either the heat or the AC on, depending on season. During the summer I usually pay around $80 per month. Spring and fall when it's not hot or cold, I don't have the system turned on, so I wind up paying like $40 for the month.

So some months it can get pretty bad, but other months it's totally fine. Just depends on how much time your heat/AC is on, and everything else as well. I never turn off my desktop, and a lot of the time I'll have my TV on while I'm on the computer. I'm also pretty bad about turning lights off because I'm a jerk and it's an ingrained bad habit from when I was a kid.

Did you speak to anyone spacific Or you just called the admission office? Every time I call they say that dr mejia is busy and the admission office just tells me to wait.

I would suggest emailing the admissions office, if you write to them, they'll upload it to your file so the committee (and Dr. Mejia) will be able to see it

Sadly I will be giving up my seat this week after a very tough decision. Hope one of you fellow SDNers gets it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I'm headed to boston U. They gave me some $ I couldn't turn it down. Love NYU though, best of luck to everyone!
Thank you and best of luck at BU! Hope some of us waitlisted SDNers will hear good news soon!

Thank you! I'm headed to boston U. They gave me some $ I couldn't turn it down. Love NYU though, best of luck to everyone!
Good for you getting some $! BU is lucky to have you!:luck:

Sadly I will be giving up my seat this week after a very tough decision. Hope one of you fellow SDNers gets it!

Uh.. I have a friend at BU. It seems like they are having difficulty seeing patients there. Just letting you know. I would think clinical experience more valuable than $. :) Best of luck to you!

Sent in my deposit today!! Where are people posting about housing/roommates?

Anyone have friends that commute to NYU from LIC?/Can explain what it's like?

did anyone receive a confirmation that their 2nd deposit was received?
I dropped it off in person last week and received an e-mail within half an hour. If you don't receive one by tomorrow I would suggest calling just to be safe!

Does 2nd deposit have to be there by 27th or just postmarked by then and do you have to send another form with the second deposit? Thanks

Does 2nd deposit have to be there by 27th or just postmarked by then and do you have to send another form with the second deposit? Thanks
From my acceptance email, the link showed that, " $5,000 USD postmarked no later than March 27, 2015."

I'm getting antsy hearing to get off the waitlist. I called Dr. Mejia last Thursday to express interest to her personally and had a really positive conversation with her. She did ask me if I was waiting to hear back from any other school and I just told her I'm waitlisted at LECOM but that NYU is still my top choice. Next week could not get here any sooner, I want to go to this school so bad!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm getting antsy hearing to get off the waitlist. I called Dr. Mejia last Thursday to express interest to her personally and had a really positive conversation with her. She did ask me if I was waiting to hear back from any other school and I just told her I'm waitlisted at LECOM but that NYU is still my top choice. Next week could not get here any sooner, I want to go to this school so bad!
Sounds promising I'm sure you will get in soon - hang in there a lot will happen after April 1st! It's almost over!!

How did you reach her? Every time i call they say she is not available or she is busy.

How did you reach her? Every time i call they say she is not available or she is busy.

I called her number listed on the NYUCD website expecting to hear a representative from Admissions but I had a mini freak-out when it was Dr. Mejia who picked up, I must have gotten kinda lucky!

On another note, those who received the call of acceptance from Dr. Mejia, what time did you receive the call?

I called her number listed on the NYUCD website expecting to hear a representative from Admissions but I had a mini freak-out when it was Dr. Mejia who picked up, I must have gotten kinda lucky!

On another note, those who received the call of acceptance from Dr. Mejia, what time did you receive the call?

When she called me to accept me off the waitlist a few years back, she called at about 7:30 in the morning.

I got called at 3:00.

After filling out the generic questionnaire thru the email, should I suppose to call Dr. Mejia to express my interest again?

Did anyone get a confirmation that the questionnaire for the wl was received?

Has anyone gotten any acceptances that interviewed about a week ago ?

Hey Guys! I currently attend NYU, Class of 2018 and am trying to raise money for Oral Cancer.

As you may know oral cancer has been on the rise for the 9th year in a row and is the largest group of those cancers which fall into the head and neck cancer category. Therefore I am going to do everything I can to make sure this cancer gains proper awareness and research, but I can only do so much by myself.

I am asking you to click the link below and please donate what you can. This might sound cliche but EVERY penny does count.

Donate For Oral Cancer

We never met before but I hope that a couple years from now we can all look back together and realize that we made a difference in the fight against oral cancer.

I appreciate your donation and would be ecstatic if you wished to join us in the walk. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

When did you receive the wl "confirmation" email. I have yet to receive any confirmation and I replied the day I got it. I'll have to call them?
I sent mine and never received a confirmation but when I called to check on my application status, I asked them about it and they informed me that they received it. I guess it doesn't hurt to call and double check.

When did you receive the wl "confirmation" email. I have yet to receive any confirmation and I replied the day I got it. I'll have to call them?

I would call them just to make sure, I received the questionnaire on Thursday last week and sent it that evening, received confirmation Friday morning that it was received.

OMG, I did not get the confirmation email and I submitted last Thursday!!! Does it mean they have not got mine yet?

OMG, I did not get the confirmation email and I submitted last Thursday!!! Does it mean they have not got mine yet?
They got it, but for some reason they didn't notify everyone with a confirmation email.

They got it, but for some reason they didn't notify everyone with a confirmation email.
So terrified for they not getting my answer, and I called them just transfer to the voicemail....SAD:(

I left a voicemail and Dr. Mejia called me back!!!! So nice talk!!! BYW, u r in China???

Awesome! I can't remember from my conversation with her but did Dr. Mejia say the next time we could hear back for getting off the waitlist is after their 3/27 deposit deadline?

Awesome! I can't remember from my conversation with her but did Dr. Mejia say the next time we could hear back for getting off the waitlist is after their 3/27 deposit deadline?
Yes, around 27th~Wow, its pretty soon. Getting a little bit nervous~