***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I was in a black suit, black shirt, and I'm from Canada. I remember you well.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Joined the official facebook page, or I think I did. I made a facebook just to join the group, excited to see everyone during orientation week!! Now time to figure out what to do till then

Reactions: 1 user
Don't hear anything from NYU today...sad~:(
Hey, chin up. They probably didn't send out all the acceptances in one go...did they? DID THEY!?!?!;)

Hope to hear back from them tomorrow (or anytime soon)! I'm on the wait list for UNLV, Roseman, LECOM, and NYU, but NYU is still my #1 choice.

Hey, chin up. They probably didn't send out all the acceptances in one go...did they? DID THEY!?!?!;)

Hope to hear back from them tomorrow (or anytime soon)! I'm on the wait list for UNLV, Roseman, LECOM, and NYU, but NYU is still my #1 choice.
Definitely not sending all their acceptance all in one day, lol~ just can't stand up with this tough waiting time anymore. Hoping it can be end up soon... Me too. NYU is my first choice!!!Almost all my relatives are in NYC hoping me to settle down there, lol~

:thumbup:
Definitely not sending all their acceptance all in one day, lol~ just can't stand up with this tough waiting time anymore. Hoping it can be end up soon... Me too. NYU is my first choice!!!Almost all my relatives are in NYC hoping me to settle down there, lol~

Acceptances will go until August, just be very persistent about your eagerness to go there, and I'm sure we'll all see you on Day 1

Reactions: 1 users

Hey, how do you know you're on the waitlist for UNLV? I also interviewed there but so far they haven't send me anything yet. I try calling them but no one ever picked up.

waitlisted :(
How often should I call/email to show my interest

Hey, how do you know you're on the waitlist for UNLV? I also interviewed there but so far they haven't send me anything yet. I try calling them but no one ever picked up.

I received a letter in the mail that said I was put on the alternate list.

I was accepted March 12 and still haven't received school email set up yet. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted March 12 and still haven't received school email set up yet. Anyone else?

they just recently sent that out for students accepted dec 1st. I wouldn't worry about it.

Just withdrew my acceptance to NYU today. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Any suggestions on where to live? It'll be me, my wife, and two dogs (one 60lb the other 8lb). We definitely want no less than a 1br. She has a good job now and it's something that is easily found in any city with a hospital so it shouldn't be too difficult for her to find something there. So she'll be able to help out tremendously with living.

I was interviewed March 6th and I am still on the waiting list..... I REALLY WANT TO GO TO NYUCD!!!!!!!!!

So anxious....

I was interviewed March 6th and I am still on the waiting list..... I REALLY WANT TO GO TO NYUCD!!!!!!!!!

So anxious....

I interviewed on the 4th and was waitlisted too and know exactly how you feel. The anxiety is so debilitating it's hard to go about my day at work or home without needing some kind of distraction. I just need to move on with my life at this point, I want the acceptance so badly!

Any suggestions on where to live? It'll be me, my wife, and two dogs (one 60lb the other 8lb). We definitely want no less than a 1br. She has a good job now and it's something that is easily found in any city with a hospital so it shouldn't be too difficult for her to find something there. So she'll be able to help out tremendously with living.

PCVST is a good bet. Their apartments are pretty big, definitely big enough for two people and two furbabies in a one bedroom. And it's very dog friendly. And it's walking distance to school and walking distance to three hospitals (good for the Mrs.)

I interviewed on the 4th and was waitlisted too and know exactly how you feel. The anxiety is so debilitating it's hard to go about my day at work or home without needing some kind of distraction. I just need to move on with my life at this point, I want the acceptance so badly!

I am sitting in class now just staring at my email hoping for THE email lol..... Sooner or later i'm going to kick it into :spam: mode so they know my name for sure....

Hoping more people drop their seats so we can get in!:highfive:

Gonna give up my spot, good luck everyone! Hope you get in!!! Hang in there!

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed on Feb 19th, wait listed on Feb 27th, accepted on March 20th, withdrew my spot yesterday. Good luck everyone!

Interviewed on Feb 19th, wait listed on Feb 27th, accepted on March 20th, withdrew my spot yesterday. Good luck everyone!

Hi there, congrats on getting accepted to dental school this cycle! Would you mind sharing your stats? I was just curious where I may stand on the waitlist.

I'm really pulling for you. Hopefully we'll get to be classmates.

:highfive:

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I interviewed March 18 and I also got the offer on Monday. I am emailing today to decline my offer . I wish everyone the best.
I am a Canadian Applicant. GPA 3.78, Science GPA 3.80, DAT AA 22. First time applying.

Hello Everyone,

I interviewed March 18 and I also got the offer on Monday. I am emailing today to decline my offer . I wish everyone the best.
I am a Canadian Applicant. GPA 3.78, Science GPA 3.80, DAT AA 22. First time applying.

How long did they give you to pay the deposit?

Until April 10, and the deposit is $5000
I still can't believe how much the deposit is. Saying goodbye to the money in my savings account was painful. Not gonna lie. But NYU.. Wooo!

I still can't believe how much the deposit is. Saying goodbye to the money in my savings account was painful. Not gonna lie. But NYU.. Wooo!

I'm glad my future wife and I have been saving up for this day. But I just sold my Jeep and got $5000 more than the payoff amount soooooo guess where that money is going, lol.

The anxiety is killing me, this is all I think about! I check SDN and my email every couple of hours lol. I called this lady and wanted to speak to Dr. Mejia but she basically curbed me into speaking with her.

- I am not sure what they want to see from the academic updates since it is still mid semester....

The anxiety is killing me, this is all I think about! I check SDN and my email every couple of hours lol. I called this lady and wanted to speak to Dr. Mejia but she basically curbed me into speaking with her.

- I am not sure what they want to see from the academic updates since it is still mid semester....

You could try emailing Dr. Mejia and telling her how you're doing in your classes (figure out your current percentage). Something like, "blah blah blah....I'm currently taking blank, blank, and blank classes. As it stands right now I have a 94% in blank, a 92% in blank, and a 98% in blank. Just wanted to update you on my current progress as NYUCD is my top choice....blah blah blah..."

Did anyone recieve a call or an email for acceptance?

Were you waitlisted? If yes, did you get a call or email? Thanks

I was not wait listed. I had my interview on 3/16, email Dr. Mejia directly on 3/17 to tell her how blown away I was by NYUCD (actually typed it out on my flight home, lol), and accepted via email on 3/30.

I was not wait listed. I had my interview on 3/16, email Dr. Mejia directly on 3/17 to tell her how blown away I was by NYUCD (actually typed it out on my flight home, lol), and accepted via email on 3/30.
Nice congradulations.