***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Did anyone get any news?

Members don't see this ad.

Lol, I feel like garbage! I've emailed them twice to show interest and both times were sent to Mejia with a CC to admissions.... Both emails were answered by sherry telling me thank you for the update and that if I had questions I should feel free to email her.

Getting to that point where I've accepted the fact that I'm most likely going to 1) get rejected 2) get accepted last minute or 3) annoy them until I get accepted or rejected last minute.....
Coming up on the 1 month mark since my interview
Current mood: :boom:

Lol, I feel like garbage! I've emailed them twice to show interest and both times were sent to Mejia with a CC to admissions.... Both emails were answered by sherry telling me thank you for the update and that if I had questions I should feel free to email her.

Getting to that point where I've accepted the fact that I'm most likely going to 1) get rejected 2) get accepted last minute or 3) annoy them until I get accepted or rejected last minute.....
Coming up on the 1 month mark since my interview
Current mood: :boom:

Did you send them to mejia directly at [email protected] email? I did that the day after my interview and got a reply back from her the next day.

Members don't see this ad :)
showing interest only really gets you so far. they have you already ranked on a waitlist so a lot of it just involves the person ahead of you dropping. and fyi it does get to the little decimal points for gpa comparison when they rank you. sorry to say it, but it is true and it does hold weight. just try to have patience guys

goodluck

Did you send them to mejia directly at [email protected] email? I did that the day after my interview and got a reply back from her the next day.

Yea, thats the email I used.... You must have been a sick applicant! Congratulations on getting accepted btw... hopefully, Ill see you :D

showing interest only really gets you so far. they have you already ranked on a waitlist so a lot of it just involves the person ahead of you dropping. and fyi it does get to the little decimal points for gpa comparison when they rank you. sorry to say it, but it is true and it does hold weight. just try to have patience guys
goodluck

You're right, I guess I will just keep checking up every two weeks or so with an email or phone call. I must be pretty low on the wait-list if it is GPA based. Does anyone have an idea of how many seats there are or how many are already filled in?

Yea, thats the email I used.... You must have been a sick applicant! Congratulations on getting accepted btw... hopefully, Ill see you :D

Ehhhhh I don't know about that. My GPAs are definitely way below average but I took some hard bios and killed them - I'm sure the A+ in biochem helped a lot too - and a 21/21/23 DAT and some good health care work experience. I loved my experience at NYUCD on interview day and am so fortunate to have the opportunity so show them what I'm made of.

Reactions: 1 user
did everyone get their email answered? after my interview I sent a thank you email to my interviewer (and cc'd admissions) but haven't gotten a reply from either... should i call?

I haven't heard back after my post interview email either

dw there will be some movement. final deposits were due so they're prob figuring all that out. if by the end of the month you haven't heard, the waitlist prob isn't gonna move as much

but to be honest you never know, people get pulled off randomly. just don't expect it to be in batches like before. everything is starting to get finalized

goodluck

I assume you're a student at NYU, did they tell you this after you were accepted or how exactly did you find out the waitlist is ranked and based solely on GPA at this point? Just curious cause I couldn't get a hint of an answer when I called admissions shortly after my waitlist notice.

Funny, when I was waitlisted and inquired about my position on the waitlist, I was told that it was not ranked.

They definitely look at more than just GPA when deciding who to take in off the waitlist. Otherwise I wouldn't be at NYU.

Reactions: 3 users
I feel most schools don't rank their wait list (complete guess). My hypothesis is that if a person drops then they pull someone from the wait list that most closely matches the person that dropped in order to keep the class diverse.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that have received their packets: about how long after your acceptance email did you receive the packet in the mail?

Applied primary by Feb 2 (barely made it), interview March 18, accepted March 30...
Congrats! :bow:

If you're cool with it, do you mind providing your stats? I was interviewed on the 6th of March and I'm still waiting.... just wanna gauge my positioning if i can.

For those that have received their packets: about how long after your acceptance email did you receive the packet in the mail?

I got my packet a month after acceptance or alternatively, 2 weeks after I put down the full deposit.

100% positive, one of my advisors was on the admissions committee. they do consider everything, yes, but often times it comes down to decimal points, as he put it.

it also helps if you're from ny or close to it...bc not only are you more likely to go to the school if you get in, but if it's a last minute seat fill, it'll be a safer bet to let someone in from somewhere close to nyc vs. california for instance

Anger... Continues...

Where is this "welcome pack" they speak of? Did anyone get this?

Yesterday morning, I left a voicemail on Mitchell's phone line after being transferred by someone. I just asked when we should expect movement on the waitlist and left my name and return call. Anyone know if he returns calls or checks his voicemail? Or should I just try calling again?

I just called the admission office and a lady said you will see movement on the waitlist by end of april. But i thought it was begining of april. Does anyone know about this?

Looking back at old threads (2018, 2017, and 2016) there was movement exactly at this time. I wonder why it's end of April this year?

Also I did a little facebook creeping and found the NYUCD Class of 2019 students only Facebook page but it only has 150 members. I assume close to 150 haven't joined the page yet or don't have facebook, so maybe that can also give us an idea of how many seats could be left out of 360. Call me obsessed but that also makes me feel a bit more optimistic about being accepted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
been lurking for a while.... I was told recently by an admissions officer that most waitlist movement is between mid-April and the beginning of June (although the list has moved "a bit" so far), but one can be accepted at any time between now and August....

I received the packet exactly a week after my acceptance

I received the acceptance email last Monday (3/30) and still haven't received it. Maybe that's due to the holiday weekend we just had? Maybe they're waiting for my deposit? Maybe it's at the house now waiting for me for when I get off work? Maybe I'm asking too many questions?

Looking back at old threads (2018, 2017, and 2016) there was movement exactly at this time. I wonder why it's end of April this year?

Also I did a little facebook creeping and found the NYUCD Class of 2019 students only Facebook page but it only has 150 members. I assume close to 150 haven't joined the page yet or don't have facebook, so maybe that can also give us an idea of how many seats could be left out of 360. Call me obsessed but that also makes me feel a bit more optimistic about being accepted.

Not to be a downer, because I hope you get in but there are two NYU 2019 facebook groups, one with 411 people in it (some are upperclassmen) and one with 151 people in it.

Not to be a downer, because I hope you get in but there are two NYU 2019 facebook groups, one with 411 people in it (some are upperclassmen) and one with 151 people in it.

the one with only 152 people on it now is specifically for the class of 2019 only.... the other is made up of the other three classes plus the class of 2019.... ;^)

the one with only 152 people on it now is specifically for the class of 2019 only.... the other is made up of the other three classes plus the class of 2019.... ;^)

This got my hopes up.... I'm waiting for someone to come along and crush them.... please be gentle :blackeye:

I just called the admission office and a lady said you will see movement on the waitlist by end of april. But i thought it was begining of april. Does anyone know about this?

The current batch of accepted candidates have until this Friday to postmark their deposits. Whoever fails to deposit forfeits their spot. Additionally, some people who did deposit may accept offers at other schools and eat that 5k (ouch!). Best of luck!

Deposit sent today. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
Got accepted today! Interview March 26th.

GPA:
Science 3.29
Non-Science 3.78
Total 3.47

DAT:
Bio 21
Chem 23
Reading 21
TS 22
AA 22
PAT 21
Carving 26

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted today as well!!!

Excited beyond words.

Interview date: 3/27
Acceptance e-mail: 4/09 @ 5pm EST.

Congrats you guys, I am extremely envious!
I feel like the trick was to interview in late March :shrug:

congrats everyone
I just got wait-listed, it feels like a rejection ;( , Does NYU reject anyone after an interview?

congrats everyone
I just got wait-listed, it feels like a rejection ;( , Does NYU reject anyone after an interview?

I'm also waitlisted and was wondering the same thing!! And feel the same way :( I really hope there's some movement soon and get some good news! I absolutely loved nyu and definitely want to go there!

I spoke with Dr. Mejia recently this week, the waitlist is supposedly moving in the next couple days/up to next week.

Reactions: 2 users
I spoke with Dr. Mejia recently this week, the waitlist is supposedly moving in the next couple days/up to next week.

Rooting for you. Need more GOT people in this class

Reactions: 2 users
the deadline for students who deposited at more than one school to give notice of whether or not they'll be attending NYUCD is April 17… you'll likely see some more wait list movement then

I hope they miraculously stumble upon this thread and accept the people who have been actively posting lol.....

Counting down the days and minutes until April 17th.....

Day 39: Experiencing great feelings of doubt while the other survivors have found refuge at NYUCD.... the rest of the survivors remain wait-listed. Starting to experience sickness and anxiety.... :barf:

Reactions: 8 users
I hope they miraculously stumble upon this thread and accept the people who have been actively posting lol.....

Counting down the days and minutes until April 17th.....

Day 39: Experiencing great feelings of doubt while the other survivors have found refuge at NYUCD.... the rest of the survivors remain wait-listed. Starting to experience sickness and anxiety.... :barf:
How would they know who you are?! o_O

Hey guys, congrats to everyone that got into NYUCD and best of luck to all those still interested! I got accepted to NYUCD this cycle and I am super excited to go!
Could anyone link me to the NYUCD class of 2019 facebook group/page with all the students in it? I have only been able to find the facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/NYUCD-class-of-2019/753321674751232). Is this the same one?

Hey guys, congrats to everyone that got into NYUCD and best of luck to all those still interested! I got accepted to NYUCD this cycle and I am super excited to go!
Could anyone link me to the NYUCD class of 2019 facebook group/page with all the students in it? I have only been able to find the facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/NYUCD-class-of-2019/753321674751232). Is this the same one?

This might be the one you are looking for.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1035888479761628?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity&actorid=638842677

it still boggles me how there are only 168 members in the student only group but over 400 in the other one.