***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

it still boggles me how there are only 168 members in the student only group but over 400 in the other one.

The other one with 400+ includes upperclassmen as well (Class of 2018, 2017, 2016, etc). If you see in Class of 2018 and 2017 groups with upperclassmen in them, the numbers are 780 and 980~ respectively.

Members don't see this ad.

Well after a short scare NYU has officially received my total deposit and are holding a spot for me in the DDS program :D

Reactions: 3 users
Well after a short scare NYU has officially received my total deposit and are holding a spot for me in the DDS program :D

How did they tell you to send the deposit to NYU just out of curiousity?

Members don't see this ad :)
How did they tell you to send the deposit to NYU just out of curiousity?
It's check or money order! Be ready because it's 5K...which would burn a big hole in your bank account, but you know NYU be like:
images.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
^^ +1

I sent my check last week postmarked for April 8. Heading out of the gym today I get a call saying they haven't received my deposit and wanted to know if I will be enrolling. Uhhhhhh heck yeah I'll be enrolling! Told them I sent my check last week. He made a note in my file and told me to disregard the "cancellation of admission" email I just received. Had me stressing real hard because I didn't send it with a tracking number (should have done that) and I didn't sent it via 2-day express or whatever (probably should have done that too). Then 45 minutes later I receive the "total deposit received" email. Talk about 45 minutes of not thinking about anything else and freaking out.

Edit: Why don't schools use electronic payments for this sort of thing??? It would make things so much easier for everyone.

^^ +1

I sent my check last week postmarked for April 8. Heading out of the gym today I get a call saying they haven't received my deposit and wanted to know if I will be enrolling. Uhhhhhh heck yeah I'll be enrolling! Told them I sent my check last week. He made a note in my file and told me to disregard the "cancellation of admission" email I just received. Had me stressing real hard because I didn't send it with a tracking number (should have done that) and I didn't sent it via 2-day express or whatever (probably should have done that too). Then 45 minutes later I receive the "total deposit received" email. Talk about 45 minutes of not thinking about anything else and freaking out.

Edit: Why don't schools use electronic payments for this sort of thing??? It would make things so much easier for everyone.

Oh wow, yeah I just wanted to be ready to pay if I am offered a spot soon. I do wonder why it isn't electronic?

Reactions: 1 user
Oh wow, yeah I just wanted to be ready to pay if I am offered a spot soon. I do wonder why it isn't electronic?

Credit card payments usually take a percentage off. Maybe thats why?

Uconn and a few other schools had this feature.

Credit card payments usually take a percentage off. Maybe thats why?

Uconn and a few other schools had this feature.

Good point actually, I don't want to think of any % extra on top of $5000 :dead:

I sent everything certified mail to make sure I had proof I sent it - that's scary good thing they called you to be sure some places would just assume you didn't accept! Best of luck to you at NYU I definitely loved everything about the place and hated to give up my spot.

I sent everything certified mail to make sure I had proof I sent it - that's scary good thing they called you to be sure some places would just assume you didn't accept! Best of luck to you at NYU I definitely loved everything about the place and hated to give up my spot.

Yeah....I got lucky.

To those who have placed a deposit and have NYU emails: About how long after the "total deposit received" email did it take for the follow-up emails to come in?

Yeah....I got lucky.

To those who have placed a deposit and have NYU emails: About how long after the "total deposit received" email did it take for the follow-up emails to come in?
A little over a week later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would there be apartments available for late July or early August in early May? People looking for apartments, are you contacting the lease offices of the apartments that you're interested in or are you hiring a broker and trying to find a place through the broker?

Would there be apartments available for late July or early August in early May? People looking for apartments, are you contacting the lease offices of the apartments that you're interested in or are you hiring a broker and trying to find a place through the broker?

Do NOT hire a broker. Waste of money. Contact Waterside Plaza's leasing office, PCVST leasing office, and maybe Kips Bay Court leasing office directly. Speak to them. That way, you won't have to pay a broker's fee.

Do NOT hire a broker. Waste of money. Contact Waterside Plaza's leasing office, PCVST leasing office, and maybe Kips Bay Court leasing office directly. Speak to them. That way, you won't have to pay a broker's fee.
I was just on the phone with the Waterside Plaza leasing office and they said all of their studios and one bedrooms have been pre-rented for the next 6 months! I didn't see this one coming!

I was just on the phone with the Waterside Plaza leasing office and they said all of their studios and one bedrooms have been pre-rented for the next 6 months! I didn't see this one coming!

Wow. That's a little intense. Maybe see about doing a two bedroom converted to three, with two roommates? That would still be a good bet.

do you know what a room would typically cost in waterside plaza?

do you know what a room would typically cost in waterside plaza?

Depends on apartment size and number of roommates. I know a lot of my peers are paying somewhere between 1300 and 1700 for a room, which is reasonable in my opinion.

I personally don't have roommates so I pay more for my apartment. But to me, it's worth it, because I hate living with other people.

save as much money as you can. heck, double up in a room if you have to. it sucks in terms of having a social life, but given how much $$ you'll be saving, you'll thank yourself later. i did that my first year and i saved A LOT of money. i moved to a place in the east village this year and i'm paying about 1100 for my own room with a bunch of random people.

waterside is close to school, i have friends who live there and it's pretty nice. but, it's pricey. i'd rather save 600 dollars a month by riding my bike 10 blocks to school. if you're willing to give a little, you'll be able to find some more affordable apartments

Do you guys think that there are going to be apartments open for last minute decisions, which aren't far from the school?

I am not sure how much longer they will keep the wait-list alive or even if there is going to be much movement, but its good to start looking ahead....

save as much money as you can. heck, double up in a room if you have to. it sucks in terms of having a social life, but given how much $$ you'll be saving, you'll thank yourself later. i did that my first year and i saved A LOT of money. i moved to a place in the east village this year and i'm paying about 1100 for my own room with a bunch of random people.

waterside is close to school, i have friends who live there and it's pretty nice. but, it's pricey. i'd rather save 600 dollars a month by riding my bike 10 blocks to school. if you're willing to give a little, you'll be able to find some more affordable apartments
How hard is it to find an apartment as a dental student with no job and no cosigner?

Do you guys think that there are going to be apartments open for last minute decisions, which aren't far from the school?

I am not sure how much longer they will keep the wait-list alive or even if there is going to be much movement, but its good to start looking ahead....

Looking in past years NYU threads there's been good amount of movement in April. Last year it was early April and the year before it was between late April and close to mid-May. I'm highly optimistic that the waitlist will move a good amount this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Looking in past years NYU threads there's been good amount of movement in April. Last year it was early April and the year before it was late April. I'm highly optimistic that the waitlist will move a good amount this week.
I hope sooo. I am waiting

Does anyone know how they rank their waiting list?

Does anyone know how they rank their waiting list?

Earlier in the thread people have been discussing this.... I personally think they rank it based on an overall application (GPA, Extra Curr., DAT scores, etc....)

HOPING that there is a lot of movement this week because if the facebook group is ~160 members, give or take the kids who dont know about it, there are hopefully plenty of seats left....I believe class size is around 350, but they are not limited to 350 they were saying.

BTW, every single time I email Dr. Mejia and CC admissions, someone random from admissions answers me.... Don't think Mejia likes me (her reaction to my emails-->)+pissed+

BTW, every single time I email Dr. Mejia and CC admissions, someone random from admissions answers me.... Don't think Mejia likes me (her reaction to my emails-->)+pissed+

That's normal at NYU, which further promote the general saying, "at NYU, you are just a number". It sucks, but it's inevitable at big schools like NYU.

Depends on apartment size and number of roommates. I know a lot of my peers are paying somewhere between 1300 and 1700 for a room, which is reasonable in my opinion.

I personally don't have roommates so I pay more for my apartment. But to me, it's worth it, because I hate living with other people.
Do you mind if I ask what apartments you live at right now? and how much you pay for it? I've never had a roommate and I'm trying to keep it that way, so I'm trying to stay close to the school but still be living by myself.

they didn't reply to my last update, and they always do.... maybe it's because they're gonna accept me soon with a phone call and replying via the usual e-mail would be really redundant/unnecessary?
:nod:
lol

Do you mind if I ask what apartments you live at right now? and how much you pay for it? I've never had a roommate and I'm trying to keep it that way, so I'm trying to stay close to the school but still be living by myself.

I live in a studio at Waterside. My current rent is 2350 a month. It was initially 2300 but they raised it when I renewed my lease.

Did anyone catch wind of NYU waitlist movement? :bang:

Anyone get accepted/rejected/interviewed/depressed/etc....

Reactions: 4 users
Good news for you all. I got accepted into buffalo so as soon as they get my deposit my seat will open up! I hope one of you get it!

Reactions: 3 users
Good news for you all. I got accepted into buffalo so as soon as they get my deposit my seat will open up! I hope one of you get it!

Congratulations man, best of luck!

Hi guys I'm new to SDN and thought I might share my story! So I have also been on the wait list since December 1st. I was able get in contact with the wonderful Dr. Mejia about a month ago. She said she will keep in touch but I still haven't heard back yet. I have even sent a couple of emails since then with no luck. My stats are: 20 AA 20TS (with a 25 in orgo) with a 3.3 undergrad gpa and 3.5 grad gpa. Do you guys think I should just get ready for another cycle, or retake my DAT?:unsure:

Hi guys I'm new to SDN and thought I might share my story! So I have also been on the wait list since December 1st. I was able get in contact with the wonderful Dr. Mejia about a month ago. She said she will keep in touch but I still haven't heard back yet. I have even sent a couple of emails since then with no luck. My stats are: 20 AA 20TS (with a 25 in orgo) with a 3.3 undergrad gpa and 3.5 grad gpa. Do you guys think I should just get ready for another cycle, or retake my DAT?:unsure:
Hello fellow SDNer,don't give up hope, from my understanding nyu is still accepting students ( trust me I know waiting is hard :rage:). Personally I would recommend that you consider retaking the DAT especially if you have some low scores.

Hello fellow SDNer,don't give up hope, from my understanding nyu is still accepting students ( trust me I know waiting is hard :rage:). Personally I would recommend that you consider retaking the DAT especially if you have some low scores.

Thank you for responding! For a further break down of my DAT I have 20 in bio, 20 chem and a 25 in orgo. My reading comp is also a 20 and so is my PAT. ( I guess 20 is my lucky number! :laugh:) The only low score i have is QR and that's an 18.

Thank you for responding! For a further break down of my DAT I have 20 in bio, 20 chem and a 25 in orgo. My reading comp is also a 20 and so is my PAT. ( I guess 20 is my lucky number! :laugh:) The only low score i have is QR and that's an 18.
When did you apply?

Anyone brave enough to find out if the waitlist has indeed started moving? Dr. Mejia definitely said to me last week that there will be movement starting last week and up to this week but no one's posted here yet! I'd do it myself but I think I've annoyed them enough already :whistle:

Anyone brave enough to find out if the waitlist has indeed started moving? Dr. Mejia definitely said to me last week that there will be movement starting last week and up to this week but no one's posted here yet! I'd do it myself but I think I've annoyed them enough already :whistle:

i volunteer as tribute

I hate to be negative, but I am getting ready to give up.

LOL..... I've already prepared myself my friend... Applying for my masters degree this week. :prof:

Give me a script to read and I will do it.....Every time I call its the most awkward conversation because they give such general answers that basically push me into saying-- "Okay, I guess I'll continue waiting... Thanks!" *hangs up phone and cries for 2 hrs* :shrug:

Reactions: 6 users
Hey I contacted the general admissions email yesterday with the same question. All they said was the waitlist is an "ongoing process up until August." I feel like all I'm getting is just generic answers. :shrug:

Hey I contacted the general admissions email yesterday with the same question. All they said was the waitlist is an "ongoing process up until August." I feel like all I'm getting is just generic answers. :shrug:

Yea there is only so much :poke: we can do.... at the end of the day they just give us the script answer and we just have to be patient and accepting of whats to come. Hey, lets say some of us don't get in this year. Thats going to be 100% okay because maybe the next year we'll get into a better school thats much cheaper! NYU is great, but at the end of the day it is what it is my friends... +pity+

Accepted April 9th, interviewed March 27 (27 is a lucky number in my family). I paid the deposit but waiting on word from 2 other schools. May drop my spot. Will let you all know if I do. Best of luck.

Accepted April 9th, interviewed March 27 (27 is a lucky number in my family). I paid the deposit but waiting on word from 2 other schools. May drop my spot. Will let you all know if I do. Best of luck.
same...same...27 is my birthday btw, maybe we should look out for the 27th of this month. :nod:

Congrats, just curious how long did they give you to pay the deposit? And I assume the 27th was the last day of interviews for Fall 2015?