***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
same...same...27 is my birthday btw, maybe we should look out for the 27th of this month. :nod:

Mine as well! Almost everyone in my family is born on the 27th (of different months). We'll keep our fingers crossed ;)

Congrats, just curious how long did they give you to pay the deposit? And I assume the 27th was the last day of interviews for Fall 2015?

Thank you :) They gave me almost two weeks (1 week and 6 days exactly). However, I think as long as you send them an email with the tracking number they won't mind if it's a day or two late. I'm not sure if the 27th was the last day of interviews though...I would shoot Sherry an email about that one.

Members don't see this ad :)
question for you guys...

i got into a couple post-bacc programs and both start sometime this summer. as a waitlisted applicant at NYU, do u guys suggest that I call in and perhaps ask them if they can provide a status update? mostly because i need to get financial aid for these programs and waiting too long is quite risky. let me know what you guys think!

I'm upset we haven't heard anything despite that phone call I had with Dr. Mejia two weeks ago :( like I said though in the 2016, 2017, and 2018 threads I saw most of the movement on the waitlist vary between end of April to Mid-May. Also, RogueXL interviewed on March 27 and was accepted April 9. I assume NYU doesn't interview past March, and accepted students get 2 weeks to postmark their deposit. Let's assume April 9 was the last day NYU sent out acceptances for students straight from interviews. 2 weeks from that day was April 23, and on top of that it will take them time to look through the waitlist and figure out who and how many people to accept off the waitlist. Basically, we just need to be more patient :/

Dr.mejia emailed me back and said they're waiting for more spots to open up and reviewing applications. I guess that means the class is full at this point but don't lose hope because I'm certain more spots will open up! I know on last years thread it seemed as though they stopped accepting people in July but I know someone who was accepted well into August . Like others, I get the impression that dr mejia is sick of hearing from me because she's said " I know you're interested but you just have to wait "

Hey guys, it's my first time posting here.
I've been offered an interview on April 9th, and I just got an e-mail from NYU that I've been waitlisted.
Not sure how to react to this because it's more waiting for me, like some of you guys here.
How positive should I be? Is there a good chance for us (waitlisted poeple) to get acceptance later on?

Hey guys so I just called the admissions office to ask when we will see greater movement. The gentleman stated that the waitlist has seen movement thus far, but the most movement is seen during the summertime. He also said that it depends on your application as well. So I'm assuming those with better stats will have a better chance of getting pulled off the waistlist?:shrug:The anxiety is real........

Withdrawing from the class today. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
^^ +1

I sent my check last week postmarked for April 8. Heading out of the gym today I get a call saying they haven't received my deposit and wanted to know if I will be enrolling. Uhhhhhh heck yeah I'll be enrolling! Told them I sent my check last week. He made a note in my file and told me to disregard the "cancellation of admission" email I just received. Had me stressing real hard because I didn't send it with a tracking number (should have done that) and I didn't sent it via 2-day express or whatever (probably should have done that too). Then 45 minutes later I receive the "total deposit received" email. Talk about 45 minutes of not thinking about anything else and freaking out.

Edit: Why don't schools use electronic payments for this sort of thing??? It would make things so much easier for everyone.
I totally agree with the electronic payment route - or at least let us do Paypal. However, to all who are applying or re-applying this year, you should always mail with a tracking number, specially something as important as a deposit money order, but also for secondary applications (that may or may not contain checks for fees), because so many schools receive thousands of applications, and who knew if someone did not just file your stuff in a wrong folder. USPS tracking only costs $1 or so more, and gives you so much more peace of mind. I have had important mails lost or misdirected by the post many times, most of the times it's delayed because it got to another zip code, and then I had to wait for that post office to re-direct the mail back to the right zip code (missing deadlines in the process). But in the case of the deposit to hold your place in dental school, this is paramount. There are schools that require the receipt of the check to be there on a certain date, otherwise the spot would be forfeited. @StumpMT, you are lucky NYU contacted you. Now, I am pretty sure those 45 minutes of freaking out absolutely paid for an extra $1 on the tracking! It had happened to me so many times, and I can concur that it's not an experience to live through. Good luck and thanks for sharing, @StumpMT.

I wonder why the "Class of 2019 only" Facebook page is only at 193? In a class of 360-ish, I doubt there are 167-ish people who don't have Facebook or just don't care to join or just don't know about the particular page....

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder why the "Class of 2019 only" Facebook page is only at 193? In a class of 360-ish, I doubt there are 167-ish people who don't have Facebook or just don't care to join or just don't know about the particular page....

Yeah 160+ people is an unusually high amount to have not joined the group/have facebook.

I know someone who got in off the wait list today so it's moving!

I know someone who got in off the wait list today so it's moving!

Could you find out their stats? Interested where I might stand on the waitlist. Also were they notified by phone call like most people have said?

Could you find out their stats? Interested where I might stand on the waitlist. Also were they notified by phone call like most people have said?
Notified via email today... Average stats!

you all have a solid shot of getting in off of the waitlist. it's gotten to a point where people are probably dropping largely due to financial reasons, so they'll scrape off of the bottom of the waitlist if they have to. the last i heard, the avg DAT for matriculation was around a 22, but they've gotten to a point where a lot of qualified applicants are going to other schools (hence people with average stats getting in, especially now). a potential + of having a large class size i suppose.

Last edited:
you all have a solid shot of getting in off of the waitlist. it's gotten to a point where people are probably dropping largely due to financial reasons, so they'll scrape off of the bottom of the waitlist if they have to. the last i heard, the avg DAT for matriculation was around a 22, but they've gotten to a point where a lot of qualified applicants are going to other schools (hence people with average stats getting in, especially now). a potential + of having a large class size i suppose.

I really hope I do, I dream of receiving that e-mail or phone call from Dr. Mejia. Though my DAT is a 21, I hope it's good enough to get off this waitlist, just such an awful feeling not knowing what my future is....

I really hope I do, I dream of receiving that e-mail or phone call from Dr. Mejia. Though my DAT is a 21, I hope it's good enough to get off this waitlist, just such an awful feeling not knowing what my future is....

heck i'd defer for a year if i could go back. there's no way anyone could justify paying this much $$ for an education. if you don't get in, think of it as a sign to improve your stats and get into a state school.

- I sent in a letter of rec. from a professor and all they answered and said was "thank you..... blah blah blah has been added to the application...."

- I assume movement usually stops in june or july.... that might even be too late. There must have been a crap load of people ahead of me on the list....Seriously, just like toothdriller2k17 said, take it as a sign that we all should work harder to get into a state school. Many of you may or may not believe but God has something better in store for us. There still is hope, but plan to make your next move to achieve greater and better things. :hardy:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Masters program, here I come! :prof:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:troll:

Don't worry my score is lower than your by a point, and I got in! I am sure you will get your chance, hopefully soon.

The class facebook page is still at 194, and at least several of its members have chosen to attend a public dental school (you can see it in their profiles).

Hey guys, are they supposed to be responding to e-mails about waitlist? They have not responded to the e-mail about the waitlist questionnaire so idk. Also my e-mail inquiring about updates on my waitlist status still have received no response 2 days in now.

How long do you think they take to respond? I'm just worried my e-mails might have not been reaching them >_<. Sent all of the e-mails to [email protected]

Hey guys, are they supposed to be responding to e-mails about waitlist? They have not responded to the e-mail about the waitlist questionnaire so idk. Also my e-mail inquiring about updates on my waitlist status still have received no response 2 days in now.

How long do you think they take to respond? I'm just worried my e-mails might have not been reaching them >_<. Sent all of the e-mails to [email protected]

That's the correct email. They're probably getting overrun with emails about the wait list and what not. That's just my guess as to why it might be taking them longer than usual.

That's the correct email. They're probably getting overrun with emails about the wait list and what not. That's just my guess as to why it might be taking them longer than usual.

Thanks, friend. :) Gonna still call em tomorrow I think, just to make sure they got my questionnaire which was sent a few months ago. Don't know if they were supposed to respond to that, but I'll bug them about that anyway :p.

Thanks, friend. :) Gonna still call em tomorrow I think, just to make sure they got my questionnaire which was sent a few months ago. Don't know if they were supposed to respond to that, but I'll bug them about that anyway :p.
I called them after I sent my questionnaire, and they said they usually won't respond to anyone abt receiving emails. But they did received, and that is the exact email we sent to

I called them after I sent my questionnaire, and they said they usually won't respond to anyone abt receiving emails. But they did received, and that is the exact email we sent to

Ah, so did they respond to you in e-mail after you sent the questionnaire? Like, you sent them questionnaire and did they e-mail you saying something like "Thanks" or just no response at all?

Ah, so did they respond to you in e-mail after you sent the questionnaire? Like, you sent them questionnaire and did they e-mail you saying something like "Thanks" or just no response at all?
What questionnaire ? I didn't receive one :(

Last edited:
No response...bc I saw some ppl in the thread said they received one, I just called them and asked whether they would send any response after we sent the questionnaire. Their response is no, they didn't send response email after sending our questionnaire.

I received a response to mine when I sent it, might have been cause I sent the answers to the questionnaire within the hour of receiving it.

After much deliberation I have officially given up my seat today for stony brook. Hope one of you SDNers gets it! :)

Reactions: 8 users
Facebook page is up to 197 members.... I assume the newcomers are from waitlist movement....

Reactions: 2 users
Hey SDN,
Just wanted to reach out and say that there is still hope for all you guys on the waitlist!

I was in your position last year (Interviewed Feb, notified I was waitlisted March) and I was stressing out and freaking out about movement of the list. I got off the waitlist via phone call LATE JUNE (Yeah I had already reapplied and submitted supplemental fees for the next cycle). My best advice is to POLITELY email about any progress you have made this last couple months and WHY SPECIFICALLY nyucd is the place for YOU. Do not copy and paste the same message again and again, and don't over email/call (I sent an email to admis once every month from March - June updating how I'm getting A's the remainder of my semester --screenshot my course grades-- and why I could only see myself attending nyucd bc etc etc). Calling admissions honestly didn't do much for me because I never got a hold of anyone but the secretary, but you can try to leave a voicemail to Dr. Mejia (I did, but it was really awkward and I didn't get called back, until 3 months later when I got off the waitlist).

this might open up the floodgates - but if you guys have any questions about nyucd in general from my year as a D1 or being waitlisted, PM or reply in the thread - i'll try to check back on sdn, but don't get upset with me if i take a while to respond because we have finals the 28th :eek:!!
I really love it here @ NYUCD :love: and I just wanted to spread the word to never lose hope!:luck: (but totally reapply for next cycle if you don't hear back before then - you want to be the first on the table for next app cycle!)

Reactions: 10 users
do you know anything about the new building? are you guys using it now?

do you know anything about the new building? are you guys using it now?

Thought that building was mostly for research, nursing and some admissions/staff rooms for the dental school?

New building is a library for dental and nursing, has a ton of staff offices, and has a few lecture halls which we currently take exams in.

thank you for the reply. so its mostly for nursing? also do D1 get to use it or just an upper class use it? is it just library or will there be interview for incoming dental applicant? thank you

The Facebook page went up to 202 this morning, then down to 201 this evening.... Remember, it's a class of 360.

I have a single interpretation at the moment: some people got in off of the waitlist (and/or were accepted in late April and decided to attend), then someone already in the class decided to go to a different (i.e., cheaper) dental school and asked to be removed from the class page....

In some odd way keeping track of all this is rather entertaining....

:phantom:
:ninja:

The Facebook page went up to 202 this morning, then down to 201 this evening.... Remember, it's a class of 360.

I have a single interpretation at the moment: some people got in off of the waitlist (and/or were accepted in late April and decided to attend), then someone already in the class decided to go to a different (i.e., cheaper) dental school and asked to be removed from the class page....

In some odd way keeping track of all this is rather entertaining....

:phantom:
:ninja:

It actually sounds a little unhealthy and stalker like. Try to relax a little.

It actually sounds a little unhealthy and stalker like. Try to relax a little.

If the American NSA can read my e-mails, access my texts, and listen in on my phone calls, then I have absolutely no qualms about checking in on a Facebook page member count once or twice a day....

:peeking:;):shifty:

Reactions: 3 users
I agree with cp333.... If I could stalk every move of the admissions committee in regard to my admission... I would :whoa:

Still havent heard anything back from admissions, they told me that the waitlist usually has movement up until late August... Hoping we all get a chance to get in there! I wonder how many people are on the waitlist.......?

Hey everyone, just sent the email to give up my seat at NYU in favor of Buffalo! I hope one of you get it :)

Reactions: 10 users
Private ExSciToothFairy reporting back from a recon mission stalking the NYU dental Facebook page.....

There still has been no movement seen on the page. We are now at a standstill of 202 members currently joined out of "360"..... I'll be stationed out keeping you all posted on any news.
:troll:​

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone, just sent the email to give up my seat at NYU in favor of Buffalo! I hope one of you get it :)
Just read your post about your DAT comeback.... you should post a schedule of how you studied because people like me might need to take the DAT again to have a better chance next cycle, if we dont get in this cycle....

Congrats on your acceptance, I hope you do big things out there :clap::bow:

Reactions: 1 users