***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just for those following the Facebook page- as someone who was going to attend NYU.. As you know there are 2 Facebook pages. One supposed to be only for 2019 and one with more members. I think because of this, following along with the Facebook # counts is not a reliable indicator of how many students are in the class at all. Just my $0.02

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Private ExSciToothFairy reporting back from a recon mission stalking the NYU dental Facebook page.....

There still has been no movement seen on the page. We are now at a standstill of 202 members currently joined out of "360"..... I'll be stationed out keeping you all posted on any news.
:troll:​
I checked out the Facebook page last night and it was at 201; now it's gone back up to 202. That seems to be the trend this past few weeks. I hope those post about "everybody on the waitlist getting in" are true this year too.

I checked out the Facebook page last night and it was at 201; now it's gone back up to 202. That seems to be the trend this past few weeks. I hope those post about "everybody on the waitlist getting in" are true this year too.
I sure hope so too.

Members don't see this ad :)
How could you tell for this year "everyone on the WL getting in"? Just curious~

How could you tell for this year "everyone on the WL getting in"? Just curious~
I can't, but there have been people from last cycle discussing that on this very forum, just go back a few pages and you'll see them.

I can't, but there have been people from last cycle discussing that on this very forum, just go back a few pages and you'll see them.
Okay, I will go back to see whats going on. THX. So hope that everyone on the WL get in is true for this year. lol

Just got my financial aid award, wondering if anyone knows the disbursement date? Too early to try and look it up myself.

Tentative tuition due date is August 5th so I would guess sometime close to that date. The money you put towards tuition also posts 10 days before first day of class at the earliest from my understanding. Hopefully that means August 7th with earliest refund date being August 8th.

I'm assuming from the silence on this thread, there has been little to no movement yet.... LEGGOOOOOO

I just gave up my seat for another dental school. So there will be some movement soon hopefully. Good luck you guys!! :)

Reactions: 9 users
I just gave up my seat for another dental school. So there will be some movement soon hopefully. Good luck you guys!! :)

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO NYU TODAY!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Reactions: 19 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Heck yeah!!! So happy for you. I had a feeling you'd be getting accepted. Looking forward to meeting you in August!

Reactions: 1 users

I'm thrilled to see you get in!!! You have been hanging in there for awhile. About how many times have you contacted them via email/ phone? Also did Dr. Mejia personally call you? Thanks for your help and Congrats!!

Last edited:
I just got the call!!!!! I'm going to NYU WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

edit: asdfahtppnfaisdhpoitpaksdf;lj;wqlkejfpaosdf;nng

Reactions: 13 users
Congrats! You deserve it.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it, I can't wait to come up to NYC!

Heck yeah!!! So happy for you. I had a feeling you'd be getting accepted. Looking forward to meeting you in August!

Thank you so much for rooting for me! Looking forward to meeting you too, just requested to join the facebook group as well.

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!! I have been praying for you to get in!

Thank you so much and good luck at VCU I know you're gonna love it!

Congrats! Soon you will feel the joy that is apartment and possibly roommate hunting! Also, titers!

I can imagine haha, gonna start first thing tomorrow!

I'm thrilled to see you get in!!! You have been hanging in there for awhile. About how many times have you contacted them via email/ phone? Also did Dr. Mejia personally call you? Thanks for your help and Congrats!!

I did not receive a phone call. I interviewed March 4th and was placed on the waitlist March 13th. My first phone call to her was direct and she picked up. It was on March 20th and I basically told her how much I wanted to go to NYU. I called back on April 13th and this time I was transferred to her after telling front desk my name. She told me she knew who I was and to basically stay patient! So I recommend calling her every 3 weeks or so and let her know why NYU is your top choice!

I just got the call!!!!! I'm going to NYU WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

edit: asdfahtppnfaisdhpoitpaksdf;lj;wqlkejfpaosdf;nng

Congrats classmate! Excited to meet you and everyone else :soexcited:

Congratulations!!!!

I had a good feeling about you getting in. Welcome to NYU! :D

Thank you for all your advice I really do appreciate it :)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it, I can't wait to come up to NYC!

Thank you so much for rooting for me! Looking forward to meeting you too, just requested to join the facebook group as well.

Thank you so much and good luck at VCU I know you're gonna love it!

I can imagine haha, gonna start first thing tomorrow!

I did not receive a phone call. I interviewed March 4th and was placed on the waitlist March 13th. My first phone call to her was direct and she picked up. It was on March 20th and I basically told her how much I wanted to go to NYU. I called back on April 13th and this time I was transferred to her after telling front desk my name. She told me she knew who I was and to basically stay patient! So I recommend calling her every 3 weeks or so and let her know why NYU is your top choice!

Congrats classmate! Excited to meet you and everyone else :soexcited:

Thank you for all your advice I really do appreciate it :)
What number do you call because each time i call they say that she is busy and transfer me to the secretary.

okie dokie guys!
thank you for the reply. so its mostly for nursing? also do D1 get to use it or just an upper class use it? is it just library or will there be interview for incoming dental applicant? thank you

New building is open to dental students (all years), the nursing students, and the engineering people. mainly we share the "study commons" with the nursing people. it's nice and you can reserve rooms if you have a group. there is a starbucks inside it too. engineering people mainly use it for research on the top floors - so you don't see much of them. there are lecture halls in there for classes and for testing. Admissions is now there and that's where they interview people too.

Private ExSciToothFairy reporting back from a recon mission stalking the NYU dental Facebook page.....

There still has been no movement seen on the page. We are now at a standstill of 202 members currently joined out of "360"..... I'll be stationed out keeping you all posted on any news.
:troll:​
I seriously would not take the amount of people in the facebook group as a determining factor how many people are in the class. just... don't... lol. At this point if they had >100 spots to fill, there would be a problem. The class is full, unless someone gives up their seat = so very small movements! A girl on the 2nd day of orientation (in aug.) got accepted into her #1 school, she left and mysteriously a new person came the next day. I highly recommend reapplying if you do not hear back before the next cycle opens.

Tentative tuition due date is August 5th so I would guess sometime close to that date. The money you put towards tuition also posts 10 days before first day of class at the earliest from my understanding. Hopefully that means August 7th with earliest refund date being August 8th.

I don't know where you got Aug 5th, (maybe it's different for you guys), but I didn't get money in my bank account until AFTER orientation week - tuition portion automatically was submitted. We were told that is happens because they needed to verify that you've attended orientation (which is mandatory) meaning you are enrolled, and have every full intention of attending NYUCD. I'm pretty sure they won't give the money prior to orientation because you could just bounce with the money and not attend. so yeah that really sucked, i know, i felt the pain.

Just got my financial aid award, wondering if anyone knows the disbursement date? Too early to try and look it up myself.
disbursement of loans is August and January every year. So you have to budget that the august money has to last you until February, and January has to last you March to the next August.
----------------------------------------------------------------

CONGRATS ON PEOPLE WHO GOT IN!!! YAYYYY! :highfive:
Don't know when i'll check sdn before finals, but feel free to ask and i'll try to respond when i can.

The August 5th date is according to the Class of 2019 Welcome Pack Key Dates pdf. The 10 days before the first day of class with a business day to process was according to the Bursar website. https://www.nyu.edu/bursar/pdf/refundprocess.pdf

I could be entirely wrong about orientation counting as the first day of class.
Orientation does not count as the first day, officially D1 classes start after orientation <- that I know for certain. Here is the link to the academic calendar for the next 2 years- http://dental.nyu.edu/aboutus/academic-calendar.html
My money took 5 days to process and I know majority people were talking about not getting money yet throughout my orientation week.

I'm just sharing my experience, because I wish I had someone to give me a heads up prior to coming to school, hopefully they'll get you your money sooner than we did!

So then the earliest possible date might be the 16th but realistically it's not going to be the case. Terrific.

Orientation does not count as the first day, officially D1 classes start after orientation <- that I know for certain. Here is the link to the academic calendar for the next 2 years- http://dental.nyu.edu/aboutus/academic-calendar.html
My money took 5 days to process and I know majority people were talking about not getting money yet throughout my orientation week.

I'm just sharing my experience, because I wish I had someone to give me a heads up prior to coming to school, hopefully they'll get you your money sooner than we did!
Thank you so much for sharing, it certainly helps a lot of newbies out there like myself, lol

What number do you call because each time i call they say that she is busy and transfer me to the secretary.

212-998-9818, it's supposed to go to Dr. Mejia directly but usually someone else picks up. i would suggest asking to speak to her or ask to make an appointment to speak with her over phone.

212-998-9818, it's supposed to go to Dr. Mejia directly but usually someone else picks up. i would suggest asking to speak to her or ask to make an appointment to speak with her over phone.
Thank you so much

Just been accepted through a phone call !!! Finally I can breathe easy! Just some stats to give everyone some background

GPA: 3.2
DAT: 25
CA resident

Reactions: 6 users
Just been accepted through a phone call !!! Finally I can breathe easy! Just some stats to give everyone some background

CA resident

Congrats and looking forward to meeting you in August!

DAT: 25 :wow: How are you NOT been accepted by your State schools? I know...GPA but the 25DAT speaks volume!!
CA resident

CA resident
Congratulations! Did Dr. Mejia call you or someone else?

I was called by Sherry who I talked to over the months. Don't know if that matters

Hahahah yeah I thought my DAT was pretty good too but the avg DAT score at the CA schools I applied to were 24/25. NYU was one of my top choices though cause I love the city!

Yes! Got accepted today by phone call from Mitchell!

A bit of my story ...
Graduated from engineering school, decided to pursue dentistry right after.
Re-applied to another university and took pre-requisite science courses for a year
and wrote my DAT last summer on August 6th; my application was complete in early September.
Had my interview on April 9th and I was waitlisted two weeks later.
Been waiting for this moment for a LONG time and finally it's over!

Hope all the best for everyone out there still waiting!!

My stats:
GPA 3.58
DAT 22
Canadian

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed March 6th and have been on the waitlist. Been calling Dr. Mejia and it finally paid off.
Got the call this morning. FINALLY ACCEPTED INTO NYU!!!! I'M SO EXCITED :clap:

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed March 6th and have been on the waitlist. Been calling Dr. Mejia and it finally paid off.
Got the call this morning. FINALLY ACCEPTED INTO NYU!!!! I'M SO EXCITED :clap:
Do you mind sharing your stats?

GPA: 3.5
DAT: 19
I have the same stats so hopefully i will get in as well. How do you talk to dr Mejia because since december i have been waitlisted and i keep calling to speak to her but they say she is busy and she is not replying to my emails.

I have the same stats so hopefully i will get in as well. How do you talk to dr Mejia because since december i have been waitlisted and i keep calling to speak to her but they say she is busy and she is not replying to my emails.

You might just need to play it smart and catch her at the right time, one of the times I called they said she is usually in by 9:00-9:15 a.m.

I didn't call the admissions number, I used her direct line. Her number is (212) 998-9936. Call early morning, between 9 and 10, you usually can get a hold of her then.

I didn't call the admissions number, I used her direct line. Her number is (212) 998-9936. Call early morning, between 9 and 10, you usually can get a hold of her then.
Thank you so much i called her and it went on voice mail so i left her a message. Hopefully she calls me back. Pray for me.

Thank you so much i called her and it went on voice mail so i left her a message. Hopefully she calls me back. Pray for me.
Good luck. Just keep trying. It took me a few times before I finally got a hold of her.

congratulations to all NYUers , I'm still waiting for a response but hopefully I'll get the phone call soon.
just a question what is the survey that people were talking about last week? I didnt receive one.

congratulations to all NYUers , I'm still waiting for a response but hopefully I'll get the phone call soon.
just a question what is the survey that people were talking about last week? I didnt receive one.

There was a survey last week?
I didn't get one either

I called as well and left her a message. I also called the main admissions and they said to send them an email and they will forward it to her... Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone still waiting! :hello:

Last edited:
I called as well and left her a message. I also called the main admissions and they said to send them an email and they will forward it to her... Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone still waiting! :hello:
hey if you dont mind me asking what did you leave her in the message? every time I call the admission office, they just take my name and tell me to email them any updates. I sent an email today with my released grades and received a generic response.

Thank you