***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I took the DAT August 16th & submitted my app August 26th. My letters were not all in even until mid-october (my second letter got sent out on October 10th and last one got mailed out on the 17th) and I just got an invite to interview at NYU earlier today and scheduled it for Novermber 19th! Very excited and I can't believe it! I figured I was too late to get one pre-December

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview#2
School: NYUCD
Notification date: 10/30/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: NY
Application complete date: 9/24/14
GPA (science, overall): 4.12, 4.05
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/20/none
Interview Date: 11/17

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite. Don't know If I have the time for a pre-dec interview. Already have 3 in Nov. But at the same time I don't want to lower my chance of admission if I interview post December.

Any thoughts?

Hi all. I'm out-of-state and got an email invite on the 27th and scheduled for 11/5.
OOS
AADSAS submission: 8/22
Sup Fee receipt and "Application Complete" email 9/5
DAT: AA/TS/PAT/RC 22/23/20/20, none below 20
SGPA/NonSGPA/OGPA: 3.7/3.9/3.75

Good luck to all!

Anyone going on the 19th?

Just got an interview invite. Don't know If I have the time for a pre-dec interview. Already have 3 in Nov. But at the same time I don't want to lower my chance of admission if I interview post December.

Any thoughts?

Make the time. Have your options open, for all we know, you might love the school.

Reactions: 2 users
Just wanted to say, a lot of people who are posting their stats on this thread recently have excellent stats, in both GPA and the DAT, so I'm kind of intimidated now :nailbiting:. Not that I'm much lower but so many of us seem very strong on paper, being an admissions committee officer must be tough. After seeing all this competition, I hope I get in... hahah:xf:

Just wanted to say, a lot of people who are posting their stats on this thread recently have excellent stats, in both GPA and the DAT, so I'm kind of intimidated now :nailbiting:. Not that I'm much lower but so many of us seem very strong on paper, being an admissions committee officer must be tough. After seeing all this competition, I hope I get in... hahah:xf:
My stats are below average, but my ECs make up for them. They have a very difficult job.

Your stats are pretty awesome. The ADA doesn't do percentiles any more, but they can't have changed THAT much -- you're still in the top 5-10%. My guess is SDN posters are skewed way to the top.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

This is what I'm going to be listening on my way to NYC!!

I loved NYU! I stayed at the Martha Washington hotel and booked my room online through hotwire. Only $200. It was a really nice hotel and only half a mile away from the school. Very short walk in the morning... Just offering my 2 cents for anyone who thinks its impossible to find a hotel <$300 in Manhattan!

I loved NYU! I stayed at the Martha Washington hotel and booked my room online through hotwire. Only $200. It was a really nice hotel and only half a mile away from the school. Very short walk in the morning... Just offering my 2 cents for anyone who thinks its impossible to find a hotel <$300 in Manhattan!
I used AirBnB. Costed 100 bucks , and it was awesome. I highly recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw the school yesterday, very impressive!

Interview invite!! So excited!

3.4 sGPA, 3.6 oGPA, 3.98 masters GPA. 22AA/22TS/22RC/21QR/21OC/28BIO/20GC
AADSAS mailed 8/29, DAT taken 9/17, app complete/under review email 10/10.
Interview Dec 2, still had plenty of dates in the first week of december :)

I also got an interview! I'm soo excited; my second invitation! And yep, I got dec 2nd, so I think pre-Dec is over.

I have a question for those of you who interviewed: What time does the interview end? I work full-time, and I'm flying out from the West Coast -- so I'll like to be back before work starts on Wednesday. I'm looking at a 7:45pm flight out of JFK -- do you think I can make this flight after the interview, and do the full interview?

I also got an interview! I'm soo excited; my second invitation! And yep, I got dec 2nd, so I think pre-Dec is over.

I have a question for those of you who interviewed: What time does the interview end? I work full-time, and I'm flying out from the West Coast -- so I'll like to be back before work starts on Wednesday. I'm looking at a 7:45pm flight out of JFK -- do you think I can make this flight after the interview, and do the full interview?

My interview began at 8:00 am and I was finished before 1:30 pm. If yours starts at the same time then you should have plenty of time for a 7:45 pm flight!

Does anyone know how many people they send invites to out of all the pre-Dec interviews?

You shouldn't have any issues they said well be out by 1:30 and it shouldn't take long to get to JFK/LGA at that time.

wow, that's a lot of people lol.
Yeah.. So basically what I heard from this forum about nyu interview acceptance rate, it's not 80% acceptance after predecember interview is it...now more worried haha

I've read in other threads here that the average number of people ACCEPTED for each slot is 3. It is lower for schools like UOP and Harvard, where it's more like 2. But that means if NYU has 250 students in its freshman class -- it must accept 500 to 750.

Yeah.. So basically what I heard from this forum about nyu interview acceptance rate, it's not 80% acceptance after predecember interview is it...now more worried haha
Most likely, unfortunately...

I've read in other threads here that the average number of people ACCEPTED for each slot is 3. It is lower for schools like UOP and Harvard, where it's more like 2. But that means if NYU has 250 students in its freshman class -- it must accept 500 to 750.
Hm, that's quite a large amount, does that mean that they assume a lot of the kids they accept will end up going elsewhere?!

Hi everyone. I'm a non-trad applying to NYU Dental this year. I graduated with a math degree and a gpa of 2.5 back in 2006. Since then, I've gone to nursing school, worked in an ER, and taken basic sciences for dental school. My GPA since 2006 has been 3.5-3.6. I've shadowed my own dentist (an NYU alum who is writing me a LOR). My science GPA is closer to 3.7. I am taking the DAT in December. I know that's late in this application cycle, but NYU's deadline is in February. Does anyone have any advice or comments to help me out? Thanks again and good luck to everyone.

I highly recommend that you apply in the next cycle, not this one. By December they already have chosen who will be admitted for this cycle so your chances of acceptance are really low.
You can give yourself some time to study and take the DAT a bit later :) your choice though. Good luck :)

Hm, that's quite a large amount, does that mean that they assume a lot of the kids they accept will end up going elsewhere?!

I read in the UOP thread that the average rate of matriculation by accepted dental students is around 0.33 (which means they have to accept around 3 students per slot) and that UOP has the highest, at around 0.65 (which means they have to accept around 1.6 students per slot). I then spoke to someone in the office of Nova Southeastern and said I had heard that the average was around three students admitted per slot. She said that was about right. What exactly it is at NYU I don't know and am sure it varies year to year. But at every school, you can't just divide class slots by number of interviews -- once you have the interview, your chances are likely twice to three times that good.

I read in the UOP thread that the average rate of matriculation by accepted dental students is around 0.33 (which means they have to accept around 3 students per slot) and that UOP has the highest, at around 0.65 (which means they have to accept around 1.6 students per slot). I then spoke to someone in the office of Nova Southeastern and said I had heard that the average was around three students admitted per slot. She said that was about right. What exactly it is at NYU I don't know and am sure it varies year to year. But at every school, you can't just divide class slots by number of interviews -- once you have the interview, your chances are likely twice to three times that good.
Do you know how many interviews in average would be offered per student?

Still waiting for the interview -_-

And that's 600 out of how many people... as in how many people actually interview pre-Dec?

No they said they interview 600 from the entire pool of applicants pre dec. idk how many of those get accepted.

No they said they interview 600 from the entire pool of applicants pre dec. idk how many of those get accepted.
Oh sorry I misunderstood then...
Does anyone know how many people who interview pre-Dec get acceptance letters? Or what the success rate is? I saw that it's 80% in other forums, but that seems pretty high!

Does anyone know how many people who interview pre-Dec get acceptance letters? Or what the success rate is? I saw that it's 80% in other forums, but that seems pretty high!
I think someone in this thread said, you can estimate that since there are 300+ open spots, and they pick about 3 people per spot, you can expect a total of 600-700 people to be accepted..which is basically almost everyone predecember except ones with some types of issues..I'm hoping this is the case.

Reactions: 4 users
GOT AN INTERVIEW!!! I'm super excited!! :)

Reactions: 3 users
A lot of people apply to NYU and several, upon acceptance, choose not to attend. The price tag scares a lot of people and some feel as the school is a last resort. A lot of these students are more concerned about the debt than the quality of the school.

Congrats! I just got mine today too! Did you call to schedule it yet? I am wondering which dates they have available at this point! :/

Thanks! Congrats to you too!!
I haven't called yet to schedule but I'm going to call first thing tomorrow. I guess I'll find out then which dates are still available.

Do they send out acceptance letters through email or regular mail?