***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Did anybody esle from jan 12 interview get in?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey does anyone know if NYU rejects applicants after the interview? or if everyone either accepted or waitlisted?

Hey does anyone know if NYU rejects applicants after the interview? or if everyone either accepted or waitlisted?

I haven't heard of any rejections after interview. Only those who didn't get an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
when do others hear rejections that havent been interviewed... I feel like if they WL everyone they dont accept right away the WL would be huge

when do others hear rejections that havent been interviewed... I feel like if they WL everyone they dont accept right away the WL would be huge

The waitlist is pretty large. I looked back in threads also. It seems like they only reject people who didn't have an interview.

Has anyone from the January 13th interview heard back yet? Also, do they send the waitlist e-mails at the same time as the acceptances?

Congrats to the Jan. 12th interviewees who were accepted!! I noticed on the admission checklist that the first deposit was due January 7th, but I'm assuming that was for the Dec. 1st acceptances. Does anyone know when it is due for us?? Thanks!

Congrats to the Jan. 12th interviewees who were accepted!! I noticed on the admission checklist that the first deposit was due January 7th, but I'm assuming that was for the Dec. 1st acceptances. Does anyone know when it is due for us?? Thanks!
No i tried to call them today but nobody picked up. I remember dr mejia said you have 15 days.

Are there any scholorships available at this point?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! So, I applied last cycle to NYU and got waitlisted. I was waitlisted up until LATE LATE August when they finally told me that the class was closed off and there was no more room +pity+...For those of you on the waitlist, keep your hopes up. Last years thread had people getting in literally the day before orientation, etc.... dont sweat it.

So, I went ahead and started a masters program and still have not heard anything back regarding an interview. Hopefully after this academic update they'll change their mind :shrug:!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when new interviews will be sent out? Also how much is the first deposit?

For those who got accepted on dec 1st, do you remember when is the second deposit due date? I remember something in March..

Members don't see this ad :)
Will they say what position you are on the wait list?

Has anyone who interviewed on January 13th or 14th heard back yet?

For anyone that interviewed: what picture did you send to them through email? I don't have a professional picture of myself and was wondering if I just crop a normal pic of me would it still be acceptable or considered unprofessional

For anyone that interviewed: what picture did you send to them through email? I don't have a professional picture of myself and was wondering if I just crop a normal pic of me would it still be acceptable or considered unprofessional
It has to be passport size. But i was not dressed up just regular clothing

can anybody shed some light into what the supplemental application that we'll have to do at the interview is?

can anybody shed some light into what the supplemental application that we'll have to do at the interview is?
Just know 5 schools you applied to and why nyu?

Does anyone know if they are still inviting for interviews???

Does anyone know if they are still inviting for interviews???
Yes! Just got an interview invitation half an hour ago.

They said they interview Monday through Friday. You contact the admissions office with your availability to schedule.

I was batch 8 or 9.

Does NYU hold spots open for post-dec interview? Or it has really low chance after dec?

passport photo!! Although I didn't even email the pic, I just gave it to them on the day of the interview..

Does NYU hold spots open for post-dec interview? Or it has really low chance after dec?
During my interview dr mejia said that you have a good chance. My interview was jan 12th

Hello! I just got an interview invitation today!

Reactions: 2 users
So I just want to get this out of my system.. I don't understand why NYU is getting all this hate on SDN. Even when pre dents ask about opinions to help them choose between X school and NYU, people automatically respond with that X school. I understand that NYU have large class size, and that fact is not gonna work for everyone but we are going to be in professional school, really you don't need someone to babysit you.. And The schools been there for long time graduating 300+ every year, I'm sure if that was a problem, they would've worked on it somehow..second thing is cost... I believe dental schools in general are expensive, adding to that fact, NYC is an expensive city.. However NYU is not the only or most expensive school, there's still MWU, UNE, USC, UoP and others that share that high cost as well but I don't see people complaining and hating these schools as much as NYU. Am I missing something about NYU that causing all this hate??? I personally liked the school and the environment, students seem to be happy and support each other unlike the other schools that I interviewed at. Maybe it was just that day, who knows... Any thoughts..??

Reactions: 3 users
So I just want to get this out of my system.. I don't understand why NYU is getting all this hate on SDN. Even when pre dents ask about opinions to help them choose between X school and NYU, people automatically respond with that X school. I understand that NYU have large class size, and that fact is not gonna work for everyone but we are going to be in professional school, really you don't need someone to babysit you.. And The schools been there for long time graduating 300+ every year, I'm sure if that was a problem, they would've worked on it somehow..second thing is cost... I believe dental schools in general are expensive, adding to that fact, NYC is an expensive city.. However NYU is not the only or most expensive school, there's still MWU, UNE, USC, UoP and others that share that high cost as well but I don't see people complaining and hating these schools as much as NYU. Am I missing something about NYU that causing all this hate??? I personally liked the school and the environment, students seem to be happy and support each other unlike the other schools that I interviewed at. Maybe it was just that day, who knows... Any thoughts..??
Remember, it's your own opinion that counts. Keep the integrity of this thread for just interviews/acceptances.

got an interview invitation !! can't wait i scheduled it on Feb the 2nd anyone else going that same day ??

Got an interview invitation.. will be canceling.. Hope someone gets this interview opportunity that needs it

Congrats! What were the available dates?
thank you, the email said
  1. We will be interviewing five (5) days a week Monday through Friday at 8:00 am.
  2. To reserve your interview date with NYUCD, please contact our Office of Admissions at 212-998-9818, between 9 AM and 5 PM Eastern Time, within one (1) week of the date on this email.

thank you, the email said
  1. We will be interviewing five (5) days a week Monday through Friday at 8:00 am.
  2. To reserve your interview date with NYUCD, please contact our Office of Admissions at 212-998-9818, between 9 AM and 5 PM Eastern Time, within one (1) week of the date on this email.

When did you send in your complete application... Just trying to get an idea of where they are in the interview invites... Thanks!

When did you send in your complete application... Just trying to get an idea of where they are in the interview invites... Thanks!

they reserve room for interview invites and in their class for people that apply until Feb 1

I sent mine in late June and I got an interview invite today. I don't think they are doing it in order necessarily.

I got an interview invite today at 2pm and I'm a super late batch so have hope! (E-submitted 9/3/15)

E-Submitted on 9/2/15 and got my interview today as well for February 12th. Really want to be in NY

Anyone know if it makes that big of a difference interviewing in early feb vs. mid/late feb? Are they reviewing and giving out acceptances every week, or do they go over all of the interview and make decisions at the end of the month?

Anyone know if it makes that big of a difference interviewing in early feb vs. mid/late feb? Are they reviewing and giving out acceptances every week, or do they go over all of the interview and make decisions at the end of the month?
I think they give out acceptances 1 week after each interview

The school had a bad reputation of kicking students out in the past which is not true anymore. NYU is the second most expensive school in the country (with cost of living) which will make people hate it. People have the idea that you are just a number at NYU, but tbh I can't remember a time where I had to be babysat in school. The 360 students is the biggest issue because they are just adding to the saturation, more so than other schools. All reasons to hate, but NYU is a great school nonetheless.

Reactions: 2 users
The school had a bad reputation of kicking students out in the past which is not true anymore. NYU is the second most expensive school in the country (with cost of living) which will make people hate it. People have the idea that you are just a number at NYU, but tbh I can't remember a time where I had to be babysat in school. The 360 students is the biggest issue because they are just adding to the saturation, more so than other schools. All reasons to hate, but NYU is a great school nonetheless.
I personally like that there are so many students- more people to study with/ more friends!

I personally like that there are so many students- more people to study with/ more friends!

I also see that as a positive! The more the merrier for me. Also to my knowledge, no student has issues with finding patients or chair time which is very important to me.

I also see that as a positive! The more the merrier for me. Also to my knowledge, no student has issues with finding patients or chair time which is very important to me.
Yeah, they really made it clear when I interviewed that there is always a chair open. And they even said not to believe anything on SDN that people post, which was funny haha

Has anyone who interviewed on Jan 14th heard anything?? It's been 2 weeks