***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

That's what the admissions officer told me. People from Cali or Canada need time to plan for flight, apartment, money, etc. On the other hand, ppl from NY or NJ can visit nyc anytime thru a short trip, takes less money, and more likely to attend b/c the school is close from their home.
I've heard the same thing. I live in NY, so I guess I'll be finding out if I got in later on. -_-

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I may be balding over this.

Reactions: 1 users
There should movement this week.. When I last called I was told first week of April there will be movement.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if the wait list is ranked? I have been getting mixed answers.

Then how do they pick who they are going to call next
My thoughts exactly. I'm certain that they have some criteria to "rank" applicants. I doubt they randomly select people from a hat full of names.

My thoughts exactly. I'm certain that they have some criteria to "rank" applicants. I doubt they randomly select people from a hat full of names.
Based on what the admissions told me... it's not ranked. You can call and ask how it works.

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on what the admissions told me... it's not ranked. You can call and ask how it works.

I think they do prioritize the wait-list depending on an applicant's merits. Because they ask for any grade/dat updates which may aid in bumping up your application.

Any ideas if they'll still be pushing through waitlist's after about May 15th? I would love to get my senior grades in.

Any ideas if they'll still be pushing through waitlist's after about May 15th? I would love to get my senior grades in.
What I've heard was that they pull ppl off the WL all way into Aug... though the majority of the movements r in april-may due to the 2nd deposit

So do you HAVE to send them a letter of intent in order to get accepted from the waitlist? How do they determine who gets off the list if it's unranked?

They solely look at your grades/dat scores.
I wonder what kind of grades/ DAT would be considered as competitive among the waitlisted ones :(

When I called them to ask how to improve my chances of getting in they said it was all based on academics.
so i'm guessing the waitlist favors ppl who has higher stats but messed up the interview?

When I called them to ask how to improve my chances of getting in they said it was all based on academics.
I spoke to the director today and she stated it was solely on interest. Hence why theyre unranked!

so i'm guessing the waitlist favors ppl who has higher stats but messed up the interview?
Just show interest. Grades get you the interview and once you get that its a hit or miss

I think they do prioritize the wait-list depending on an applicant's merits. Because they ask for any grade/dat updates which may aid in bumping up your application.
the director said that shows you are commited to go to their school not that they actually care about the grade and such as long as its decent

it makes total sense cause if they go by scores it will be called ranked.
I think ranked means they go by the time when ppl r waitlisted. i.e. ppl who got waitlisted back in December would rank before ppl who go waitlisted let's say in march....

I don't understand.... How are you guys talking to Dr. Mejia. Every time I call, they tell me she's busy. Last time they told me she was on "jury duty"... I almost instinctively shouted bull**** but I quickly realized that I wasn't talking to a friend of mine lol....:bang:

I don't understand.... How are you guys talking to Dr. Mejia. Every time I call, they tell me she's busy. Last time they told me she was on "jury duty"... I almost instinctively shouted bull**** but I quickly realized that I wasn't talking to a friend of mine lol....:bang:
Haha, been wondering the same. This is soooo frustrating:beat:

Sent an email directly to Dr. Mejia last week and never got a response back. Anyone experienced the same thing? What do you guys suggest doing?

I sent an email 2 days ago and no response, but it's still rather early for a response in my case
Sent an email directly to Dr. Mejia last week and never got a response back. Anyone experienced the same thing? What do you guys suggest doing?

LOL Dr. Mejia only responds to the thank you email after your interview. After that, you'd be lucky to get an email back from her....Even last cycle, up until August I never got an email back from her... Def illuminati

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! So, I applied last cycle to NYU and got waitlisted. I was waitlisted up until LATE LATE August when they finally told me that the class was closed off and there was no more room +pity+...For those of you on the waitlist, keep your hopes up. Last years thread had people getting in literally the day before orientation, etc.... dont sweat it.

So, I went ahead and started a masters program and still have not heard anything back regarding an interview. Hopefully after this academic update they'll change their mind :shrug:!
I'm sorry to hear what you had to go through, but what were your stats like last year when you applied, if you don't mind me asking?

LOL Dr. Mejia only responds to the thank you email after your interview. After that, you'd be lucky to get an email back from her....Even last cycle, up until August I never got an email back from her... Def illuminati
I sent an email to Dr. Mejia on Feb 26. She replied me two days later said that they would review all applicants on the wait list later in March/April as they completed interviews and their second deposit was due. Lastly, she asked me to provide academic updates just like other admissions officers told me before. The reply email address was still their general email, not hers.

Hey guys, does anyone else feel like they're dying a little inside waiting for NYU to call??? Lol.

Does anyone know if there has been any movement on the WL since last Friday (w/ HuskyUC, congratulations BTW)?

Hey guys, does anyone else feel like they're dying a little inside waiting for NYU to call??? Lol.

Does anyone know if there has been any movement on the WL since last Friday (w/ HuskyUC, congratulations BTW)?
Haha you're not alone. We should just make our own dental school called "New New York University College of Dentistry"

No clue.... But dying also :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Im sure there are more who got accepted. There are many people who dont use stduent doctor network

Got off this past Tuesday. Keep in contact with your admissions counselor and keep showing your genuine interest. They know if you aren't being sincere.

Hey guys, i just got the call, i'm in!!!!!

FYI, AA 23, TS 25, interviewed in Feb and waitlisted in Feb. Got the call this afternoon....not bragging just trying to be helpful, these are the things i wanted to know when ppl posted their acceptances lol

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users

FYI, AA 23, TS 25, interviewed in Feb and waitlisted in Feb. Got the call this afternoon....not bragging just trying to be helpful, these are the things i wanted to know when ppl posted their acceptances lol

Good luck everyone!
Dang congrats!!!

well guys it does look like they go by DAT scores eh...

How did you contact your admissions counsellor? I usually call general admissions and speak to whoever picks up lol.
It's the one you met with during the interview at school. When you email the school, the person replying is your counselor.

Good luck everyone!
Congrats! May I ask what date is your interview in Feb? I'm also waitlisted in Feb. Just wondering whether they have passed me yet or not.
Thanks!

Also got accepted today! 21 AA , 22 TS... I cannot stress how important it is to keep communicating with admissions. Especially Dr. Mejia!!

Also got accepted today! 21 AA , 22 TS... I cannot stress how important it is to keep communicating with admissions. Especially Dr. Mejia!!
Congrats! Did you call them or email them? Every time I'm trying to email Dr. Mejia, it is an admission officer, Ms. Colicchio, who replies me. Does it matter if I keep contact with her?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile