***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Was informed that the class is pretty much full. They will continue to review candidates on the waitlist and accept as needes. Well that was not an answer that I wanted
Well that sucks

Members don't see this ad.

Was informed that the class is pretty much full. They will continue to review candidates on the waitlist and accept as needes. Well that was not an answer that I wanted
I think it will always be almost full after sending a week of acceptance…then there will be someppl drop their seats, and another board meeting reviewing WL…then one more wave of acceptance…and "pretty much full" again… this game will continue till around Augest… My friend called the office last week, and the office said the WL will be kept til late Augest… if they always do things in this way, then there shouldnt be a big change this yeat unless new policy comingout which there isnt…

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

Sorry let me clarify. They told me the class is "near to full capcity." I was also informed that movement will continue to occur throughout the next few months. In other words, they will accept off waitlist as people drop their seats.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone that got accepted into this class in which they had to retake a science course three times PLEASE PM ME!

The silence is killing me guys. Anyone have good news? I'd rather celebrate someone elses acceptance than sit in dismay and anxiety.

Reactions: 1 user
Haha I feel ya. Thats how I am every single time I receive a generic reply to my email. Hopefully the ensuing days will be filled with good news for us. Keep us posted of any updates!

Haha I feel ya. Thats how I am every single time I receive a generic reply to my email. Hopefully the ensuing days will be filled with good news for us. Keep us posted of any updates!
Looks like we're the only two religiously following this thread haha. I mean for me its my only connection with NYU at this point.

I also have not heard anything from NYU. Did receive a response to my email though. It simply stated that they would consider what I have said and will notify me if I were to be admitted.

Looks like we're the only two religiously following this thread haha. I mean for me its my only connection with NYU at this point.

I also have not heard anything from NYU. Did receive a response to my email though. It simply stated that they would consider what I have said and will notify me if I were to be admitted.

Just contact your Admissions Officer.! I seriously annoyed mine all the time and I built a rapport with her. Mine was Emily and she really tried to help me get off the waitlist. I would recommend her anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm still waiting as well haha. I'm starting to think about reapplying or doing masters or post bacc.
Who is your admissions officer if you dont mind me asking?

Haha I'm telling you guys, Friday the 13th is going to be the day of reckoning. You all heard it hear first lol

Last edited:
Waitlist is still moving guys. There was someone who was accepted yesterday. Dont lose hope!! We got this!!!

For those of you recently accepted, will it be difficult to complete the medical requirements sheet by June 1?

Has anyone completed this? Did it take more than one doctor visit?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anybody receive email telling that your update is in high consideration during this period. Just wanna know if it means anything .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Nope. I'm always informed that they will just take it into consideration. Never have I received anything with the phrase "high consideration." Wishing you the best!

Also, I have not heard anything yet. Keep us posted!

Don't care who it is.. JUST GIVE US THE THUMBS UP AND CALL US WITH OUR ACCEPTANCES ALREADY!!! YEEEESH

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody receive email telling that your update is in high consideration during this period. Just wanna know if it means anything .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Do you mind me asking, did it say "in high consideration" exactly? Also, what are your stats?
And did you get the email asking about being able to pay the deposit?

Do you mind me asking, did it say "in high consideration" exactly? Also, what are your stats?
And did you get the email asking about being able to pay the deposit?

At this point, I think it's safe to say that the deposit email doesn't mean much. Seems like most people on the wait list have received it. I guess its one of many emails that they pull out of their repository of generic replies.

I did receive email about deposit about 2 weeks ago. One line in the email said that "your updates will be given high consideration during this period". May be it is just some generic emails that they sent to everybody.

*sniffles* it finally happened.

I finally lost all hope. Someone come and shut my coffin shut

I feel your anxiety Esposito. The light at the end of the tunnel is definitely fading. We still have a few months left so lets keep our heads up high.

Side note, I have not heard anything today :/

Hey guys, just a little pep-talk to help you keep your head above water! I was in your situation a couple months ago and it was really nerve-racking (constantly, checking my phone and emails for any news and contemplating if something was sent/call was made but for some freakish reason I missed it), it was frustrating, i get it! BUT, my mentor/current boss (who is a dentist) told tell me that NYU literally will continue to pull off the waitlist well into August. Two of her volunteers last year were both accepted in August, the first was accepted 3 weeks before orientation and the other started after orientation (someone did not show up to his/her orientation so they gave the spot to him). My point is, continue to show interest, if you feel the need to reapply, then go ahead but acceptances in August is not unheard of.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, just a little pep-talk to help you keep your head above water! I was in your situation a couple months ago and it was really nerve-racking (constantly, checking my phone and emails for any news and contemplating if something was sent/call was made but for some freakish reason I missed it), it was frustrating, i get it! BUT, my mentor/current boss (who is a dentist) told tell me that NYU literally will continue to pull off the waitlist well into August. Two of her volunteers last year were both accepted in August, the first was accepted 3 weeks before orientation and the other started after orientation (someone did not show up to his/her orientation so they gave the spot to him). My point is, continue to show interest, if you feel the need to reapply, then go ahead but acceptances in August is not unheard of.
You sir are a doll.

Best of luck to all of us. I'm certain this week will bring happy news to someone in this thread.

Reactions: 4 users
I guess not :(, but I usually wait until 4:00pm EST to give up for the day.

Finally got all my final marks, finally submitted all my final marks... So NYU why you no call.

Does anybody have advice on finding housing and or roommates?

By the end of this ordeal... Believe it or not we're all going to turn into oompa loompas. Come on Willy Wonka!! Spare us some golden tickets!